• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER the dArk knight rises UnmaRked spOileR threAd | You only legend once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ras Al Ghul or however you spell it is in the film as well.

That's my final spoiler, I have work to do. There are no big surprises besides that I think. Maybe people were expecting too much of a shocker.

Ras Al Ghul or however you spell it is in the film as well.

That's my final spoiler, I have work to do. There are no big surprises besides that I think. Maybe people were expecting too much of a shocker.

I like how you always stay as vague as possible.

2/10 fail troll is fail

Monk, lies are a part of your game.

Stop it lol. I have business to take care of and people to shatter.

But seriously, Ras is in it. I'm being vague because a lot of the plot should be obvious to you by now. I'm only throwing the serious spoilers out there for the hounds. Does Bane give a speech that would make a terrorist blush? Yes. Does his death make you ALMOST feel sorry for him? Yes. But those aren't interesting things to talk about, at least for me.

The new Batcave is cool too. Wonder if he'll share it with another Bats.

G-Fex

2SXN0l.jpg

THAT'S ENOUGH I DON'T THINK YOU REALIZE HOW DANGEROUS THIS THREAD HAS BECOME! IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT BEING NUMBER ONE TO SPOIL THINGS, IT'S ABOUT POSTING WITH BRAVERY, HONOR AND SPOILER WARNINGS. AND PUTTING SPOILER CODES ON OTHERS SPOILERS AHEAD OF YOUR OWN.

AND THAT'S SOMETHING DMCZAF HAS DONE EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE

Tookay

If that is the real ending, then I will probably see it.
I told my buddy already that I would not see it opening night and wait for spoilers on if he died or not. I had no intentions of seeing it if he died. I'm not even that big a fan of Batman as a character but killing him?
I like Nolan and his films but "I'm Christopher Nolan and I can kill the Batman." And WB saying "Sure. We'll just reboot it in two years."
Fuck that noise. I was 99% sure it would happen too.

... Who fucking cares?

If it's done well, it's done well.

I want to believe, Monk. But, most of your posts reeks of vague bullshit. And that ending doesn't sound very final, for something that was supposed to end Batman's story.

What do you mean Bane breaks Batman physically? He literally breaks his back, or he beats the shit out of him? And, no shit Ras is in it. We've known that for fucking ever.

Your ending is pretty specific, so I suppose we'll know if you're telling the truth or not in two weeks. I hope you fucking burn if you're full of shit.

I'm really curious as to who will helm the Batman franchise. Which direction do they take it? Do they go with Forever/B&R style and enemies, or stick to Nolan/realiastic formula?

I've heard that Batman "dies" but Bruce lives.

There is no Robin/Nightwing.

Batman defeats Bane by removing his mask which feeds him painkilling chemicals.

Just what I heard bros.

How would you guys feel if Damian was incorporated someway? The MPAA rating lists sensuality and the SHH guys imply that has to do with Talia.

What if she gets knocked up by Bruce and the film ends with Damian's birth. I have no expectation of this happening, but I'd like to see how the Internet reacts, haha.

Tookay

How would you guys feel if Damian was incorporated someway? The MPAA rating lists sensuality and the SHH guys imply that has to do with Talia.

What if she gets knocked up by Bruce and the film ends with Damian's birth. I have no expectation of this happening, but I'd like to see how the Internet reacts, haha.

Christ. I hope not.

I've heard that Batman "dies" but Bruce lives.

There is no Robin/Nightwing.

Batman defeats Bane by removing his mask which feeds him painkilling chemicals.

Just what I heard bros.

so he doesn't kill him? Interesting, has he killed any villains to date? Does dent count? He did die from the fall after all.

so he doesn't kill him? Interesting, has he killed any villains to date? Does dent count? He did die from the fall after all.

Technically he did kill Dent, but I think it was kind of a grey area. He didn't mean to kill him, it was a side effect of saving the kid. Batman doesn't kill. No way he kills Bane. Doesn't mean Bane doesn't die, though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One thing the Shape says, is that unlike the trailers for TDK and BB (that actually show the last shot of those movies) the last shot hasn't been shown for TDKR in any trailers yet.

Hex

Banned
You obviously mean Terry, his adopted son.

No he means Damian.
There is a reason that they did the huge time gap.
Conceived early in the film before the time gap, revealed near the end.
;)

Oh and fuck Terry.
Damian would curb stomp him.

shira

Katy Purry said:
If you thought The Dark Knight introduced us to a dystopia, just wait until you watch this movie. We learn that it is not only Bruce Wayne and Batman that are rotting from the inside out, but an entire society. You will see urbanites at their most wretched, and in their prime. The chaos wrought unto Gotham City by the Joker was merely the beginning. And Nolan manages to convey this wild ride into 165 minutes of his best work.
http://manarchymag.com/core/2012/07/dark-knight-rises-sneak-review/

Rottenwatch

shira

http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises-imax-tv-spot-hi-res-images-synopsis-sandy-185167/
Spoilers review

Best conclusion to a film I have seen since ‘The Shawshank Redemption’. That’s all I can say. 9.2/10

I would probably rank the films like this…

Batman Begins – 8.4/10
The Dark Knight – 8.7/10
The Dark Knight Rises – 9.2/10

Best film trilogy since ‘The Lord of the Rings’. The only thing that really stopped this film from scoring higher was that, unfortunately, it does drag a little bit. The running time was my only concern going in. It’s not so much a fault in the film itself (the running time is necessary to bring the trilogy full circle, and to answer any unresolved questions), I just got a little uncomfortable sitting in the theatre for so long haha.

And yes, there was a standing ovation at the end. Brilliant, brilliant film. Literally in the same league as ‘The Godfather: Part II’ in terms of story-telling and character. The real question is, what’s next for Mr. Nolan?

Read more: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10680&start=30#ixzz2004CqJ4j

what would be cool is:

just like the teaser where the city is collapsing and the camera is zooming up towards the sky and the the skycrapers are shaped like Batman's signal, if THAT is one of the final shots with Batman taking the fusion device away from the collapsing city, that view being the view batman and the audience has when he Rises.
rotate-thedarkknightrises-001-teaser.jpg

Whoa

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is a fantasy action film in which Batman returns to Gotham City when it is threatened by a new enemy. The film was classified '12A' for moderate violence.

There are a number of scenes of moderate violence and these generally occur during fast-paced fights between characters who are clearly defined as good or bad. Although there are heavy blows and impacts, little is shown in terms of injury detail, with the emphasis firmly placed on the abilities of the characters involved. One sequence sees the sustained beating of one character by another but the scene serves to emphasise the powerful and ruthless nature of the attacker rather than presenting sadism for its own sake. A stabbing carries little visual detail and the focus is on the treachery of the character using the knife rather than on any sense of relish in violence. The Guidelines at '12A'/'12' state 'Moderate violence is allowed but should not dwell on detail. There should be no emphasis on injuries or blood, but occasional gory moments may be permitted if justified by the context'.

The film also contains a single use of moderate language when a woman is referred to as a 'dumb bitch', as well as some milder bad language, including uses of 'Jesus', 'hell', 'peeing', 'son of a bitch', 'balls' and 'bastard'. There are also infrequent mild sex references.

http://www.bbfc.org/BFF281347/

British ratings board

Apparent Ending

Bruce Wayne Lives
Nolan's Batman is dead
Batman's final act is the final blow to the always corrupt Gotham
John Blake does not become Batman or Robin or Nightwing in the movie
John Blake's Godfather of sorts seems to be Bruce Wayne and he Idolizes Batman as a symbol.

The very last shot:

John Blake discovers The Batcave, epic music begins, he pushes a lever/button inadvertently,
Camera is shooting very low to the ground near water level, Epic Music in full flow, the Bat Suit Platform Rises from under the ground overshadowing and obscuring John Blake

Fade to Black

The Dark Knight Rises

Director Chris Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom