• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Round 2 of Wii pre-sells at TRU on 11/12

As the thread title indicates I just wanted to remind everyone that TRU will be taking another round of pre-orders for the Wii on Sunday, November 12th.

Hm, cool.

I'm still undecided. My Best Buy is getting like somewhere near 80 some units, and my Target is getting 51. Should I preorder from TRU, or am I pretty safe with the other two stores? If the latter, what time in the morning should I go to wait for it?

Tarazet

Is everybody and their dog going to know about it, like last time? I got there 4 hours early and still got shut out of a Wii.

MrDaravon

sonarrat said:
Is everybody and their dog going to know about it, like last time? I got there 4 hours early and still got shut out of a Wii.

I think it's been advertised for a while now.

leehom

Where is the thread for Best Buy and TRU allotments? If my local BB is receiving plenty of Wii's...I wont go camping tomorrow night for a Wii at TRU.

I wasn't paying attention to Wii the last time TRU did preorders. I forgot they had done that. Does this mean that popping in to TRU at 8am is going to leave my screwed without a preorder? Should I go to Target or something instead?

Does anyone know of a Walmart in the NY area that's open 24 hours?

spengo

leehom said:
Where is the thread for Best Buy and TRU allotments? If my local BB is receiving plenty of Wii's...I wont go camping tomorrow night for a Wii at TRU.

There was a thread with an unconfirmed chart that told the average allocations for all the major retailers. It said TRU would average about 200 and Best Buy 96. The chart is just a rumor and some people believe the numbers are incorrect however.

http://www.wiiloaded.com/wiinews-3082

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
sonarrat said:

SailorDaravon said:
I think it's been advertised for a while now.

I called my two local (Portland, OR) TRU two days ago, and the employees had no idea what I was talking about. At least they knew what the Wii is, though...

Tarazet

I just called the stores around me, their pre-orders for this time around are either 15 or 20 units. The biggest stores might have more, but obviously they're not preselling their entire allotment.

spengo

sonarrat said:
I just called the stores around me, their pre-orders for this time around are either 15 or 20 units. The biggest stores might have more, but obviously they're not preselling their entire allotment.

My TRU won't tell me how many they are doing. I was going to get one as a backup plan but if it is only going to be 15-20 again then its not worth it. Those will be gone hours before they open again.

Top Bottom