• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remothered - Clock Tower Inspired Horror Adventure That Doesn't Exist

wsippel

Banned
This is actually several months old by now, but it apparently never got posted on GAF (probably got lost during E3 or something). Anyway, maybe some people remember Remothered? It was a fan remake of/ tribute to Clock Tower designed and directed by some Sicilian guy named Chris Darril, announced way back in 2007. Over the years, a couple of screenshots, artworks and videos were released. It looked quite atmospheric - and surprisingly graphic. Or maybe it isn't all that surprising as it's also supposed to be a tribute to Dario Argento.

In early 2012, Italian development studio Artematica took over the project, though with Darril still at the helm. In June, the game was confirmed to be coming to Wii U (and PC I guess) on the official Facebook page. There's also a website, but it's not open yet.

If this all sounds very Nibris to you because you've never heard of Artematica, rest assured that they are a real development studio with a long track record. Sadly, though, Artematica does not have a good track record - at all. But maybe that Darril chap will save the project. He apparently won a couple of awards for small indie game projects over the years, and it seems he did a fine job with Remothered when it was still a fan project.

Anyway, this is what the game looked like before Artematica took over, no idea how it looks now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-aE789jNdY

And here's some (old?) art:

K157e.jpg

5cpUy.jpg

Apart from the fact the company website hasn't been updated in two years, and they sucked before that, I'm afraid there's nothing here that says this isn't another Sadness.

It's a shame because Clock Tower is an amazing franchise and concept.

Checked the video and was not too impressed with the style. No idea if the gameplay is actually going to be good. The last part of the video was interesting, but it seems more like a movie than a game.

7threst

Ugh, what terrible website design. Lol, the game in the bottom is listed as a "new genre" game. Is this questionable studio really capable of creating a brand new genre? Also: "SPAGHETTI WESTERN SHOOTER"... Coming up with names is difficult, ya' know?

Yeah, that slogan on the side of the site: 'GAMES FOR PEOPLE'... what the hell... couldn't they think of something more interesting?

I guess their web designers are too busy with their other site: http://www.goodsgames.com

"Goods Games"? Their goods consist of games that may be good. In any case, that's not how it works. A web designer doesn't only work on two websites. The get an order, make a website, and move on. The designer of that other studios website probably just made it a long time ago and went on to the next job. I doubt they're busy with the site you linked unless they're redesigning it, if it's still in progress or if the web designers actually work for the game studio itself.

wsippel

Banned
"Goods Games"? Their goods consist of games that may be good. In any case, that's not how it works. A web designer doesn't only work on two websites. The get an order, make a website, and move on. The designer of that other studios website probably just made it a long time ago and went on to the next job. I doubt they're busy with the site you linked unless they're redesigning it, if it's still in progress or if the web designers actually work for the game studio itself.
I was being facetious.

Anyway, they haven't released a game under the Artematica label in quite some time, so I'm not surprised the site didn't get much attention.

Yeah, that slogan on the side of the site: 'GAMES FOR PEOPLE'... what the hell... couldn't they think of something more interesting?

Give 'em a break, they just want to make sure people understand that the games are made for people, not animals xD. Yeah, it's ridiculous. Browsing through the website some more, even though I've selected English, a lot of it is still in Italian. And there's so much stupidity. Next to "games" in the menu there's also "kids/others". Wait, one more time. "Kids/others". The hell is that? Okay, so the games in the "games" section are for adults I assume, and the games for kids and others, whatever the heck others are, is in another section. Or maybe they're actually selling kids? Enter "kids/others" and almost everything is coming soon, except for CRAZY CHESSMATE which says "test". I'm sure kids will love CRAZY CHESSMATE and SUDOKU XXL. In prizes/covers there's a half naked woman all over the place.

I'm having way too much fun on this site.

Totally forgot about that. So I'm glad now the game has way more chances to be released.

The video says they're using now a 3D engine, that sucks the 2D art in the video is great, although animations were a bit crud.

Taruranto

Remothered? is that like a remake of Mother/earthbound Series?

It's a CT (the original for snes) remaigining/remake.

Speaking of that, if they are planning to release this on Wii U isn't Capcom going to say anything? Before it would have got a free pass because it was a fan project, but now...

totowhoa

Banned
They're showing progress updates on their facebook and some new official art if you scroll down a few months. The main character model was still pretty lacking in the summer, dunno how indicative that would be of overall game progress though :p

MYE

I've always been intrigued by this game, what happened in the end? was there ever a game in development or was it a concept they had difficulty turning into a playable product? it's hard to find accurate information on the internet.

It became so good they are holding it for the WiiALL/PS5/NeXTBOX-2 Gen

I've always been intrigued by this game, what happened in the end? was there ever a game in development or was it a concept they had difficulty turning into a playable product? it's hard to find accurate information on the internet.
Nibris came out wih that idea back in 2006, latre it was discivered that all was nothing but smoke to attract some investments (this of course was at a time when kickstarter wasn't that popular), one of the employees complained about wasted 4 years making a minning cart and Arkadiusz Reikowski the composer decided to release the soundtrack wich is actually pretty good.

It became so good they are holding it for the WiiALL/PS5/NeXTBOX-2 Gen

haha.

Nibris came out wih that idea back in 2006, latre it was discivered that all was nothing but smoke to attract some investments (this of course was at a time when kickstarter wasn't that popular), one of the employees complained about wasted 4 years making a minning cart and Arkadiusz Reikowski the composer decided to release the soundtrack wich is actually pretty good.

thanks for the information. it's a shame it was only ever smoke and mirrors. the concept was sound, maybe they can give it another go now that kickstarters are all the rage.

wsippel

Banned
Again, I think the Sadness comparisons are uncalled for. Artematica isn't Nibris. They are authorized Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft developers for many years and actually released quite a few (bad) games on many platforms. Sadness was all marketing, they never had anything tangible to show. Artematica announced the project back in June and never even bothered to issue a press release. Certainly doesn't look like a scam.

It will probably be an eShop game, correct?
I would think so. There doesn't seem to be any publisher attached, and all recent games by Artematica were download or Facebook games. Actually, I'm kinda surprised this is for Wii U, I would have expected an iPhone game.

Top Bottom