• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rep. Rohrbacher says 'rendezvous' being set up with Trump to relay info from Assange

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/politics/kfile-rohrabacher-rendezvous/index.html

Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher said Monday that a "rendezvous" is being set up between him and President Donald Trump to relay information he received from WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange about the hack of the Democratic National Committee last year.

Rohrabacher, who is considered to be among the most pro-Russia members in Congress, met with Assange earlier this month and claims Assange told him that Russia was not involved in the hacking. Rohrabacher said after the meeting that he wanted to brief Trump on what Assange told him. Appearing on the Sean Hannity radio show Monday afternoon, the California congressman said that meeting was in the process of being set up.

dancepuppetsdancegeoffrey.gif

Thanks to shiba5 for linking the article in the Bill Browder thread.

Glad he's clearing all this up. I knew the CIA, FBI and NSA can't be trusted and are trying to smear the good name of Putin. #MAGA
/S

KoopaTheCasual

The fact that I have friends who are gullible enough to believe that Assange isn't a massive piece of shit, who is 100% self-serving, depresses the fuck outta me.

DogDude

Why don't we trust wikileaks again? Always seemed like a case of shooting the messenger even if their output gets 1 sided.

I hear Assange has shown him video evidence of John Podesta shooting Seth Rich and getting his dick sucked by 1000 year old lizard children.

Quixzlizx

How has this traitor not been "disappeared" yet? He may as well have a Benedict Arnold 2.0 sign hanging around his neck.

I can only hope he's being monitored for evidence against the cheetoh-in-chief.

cameron

"It is my understanding from other parties who are trying to arrange a rendezvous with myself and the President, it is being arranged for me to give him the firsthand information from (Assange)," Rohrabacher said.
"If the information comes out, there will be an outrage among the American people that their time has been wasted," Rohrabacher said. "They've had this story over and over and again shoved down their throats as if the Russians colluded with Donald Trump, and this is an attempt, as I say, to negate their vote in the ballot booth. When the American people realize that this is a con job and a power grab they'll be upset."

"I'm trying to get this out in the public now where we can get this Julian Assange thing straightened out so that people know that it wasn't the Russians that hacked into the system, and that's not how this information was released," he said.
Neat.

Peers from his own party in Congress are on tape joking that they think this guy is on Russia's payroll. Complete with Paul Ryan telling them to never repeat what they said.

Why in the world would anyone trust anything that this dude says with regards to Russia/Assange?

Rohrabacher is more likely to be implicated and see prison time than anyone else in DC, even Trump. The GOP would sacrifice him as the fall guy in a heartbeat.

Why don't we trust wikileaks again? Always seemed like a case of shooting the messenger even if their output gets 1 sided.
On another thread someone shared an article that talked about how Assange himself did everything in his power to reject a Russia related leak some years ago, and it instead had to be posted somewhere else where no one noticed.
The same article said he is also the only one remaining of the original founders, which means he is the face of WikiLeaks.

Assange favors Russia on pretty much everything, and this pro Russia stance has reflected on everything the site does now. How can we be sure he isn't outright lying on the information he is going to share? On top of this, add Rohrbacher, the perfect mix of pro Russia shilling.

This guy must be a fucking idiot, he knows there is a big investigation into Russia and he wants to involve himself voluntarily.

ICO_SotC

So, it's not actual physical evidence, it's just something Assange told him to relay to Trump? Sure, bro.

Has Kelly really rid the Trump administration of people feeding him conspiracy theories, so people like Rohrabacher are now being called up to do it?

Was Nunez still busy with his "unmasking" conspiracy?

bionic77

Remember when America was not a joke country?

At this rate Trump is going to put the Onion out of business by the end of the year...

Top Bottom