• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Replaying Breath of the Wild Has Changed My Opinion On This Game

Z3M0G

Replay!?!

Holy shit... i consider this one of the greatest games ever made, but i would NEVER be able to restart this from the beginning. Wow... fuck no.

Your effort is admirable, but I'd save myself the trouble if I were you.

On topic, I think there's a really interesting conversation to be had here. The OP mentions that on the first playthrough, there wasn't a lot of exploration or side content done. And, even having loved every minute of Breath of the Wild, I have to admit that if I'd mostly focused on main quest content I probably would have found the game pretty underwhelming. This is a strange instance of a game that I think is much worse off if you're looking mostly for the "meat" of the experience in the core narrative. What would typically be filler content in other games is one of the strongest aspects of BotW.

I think you hit spot on how I feel. I'm a meat kinda guy in open world games with some side content here and there. The meat here is the world and the dungeons, shrines, seeds, mazes, towns etc are all just a small part of that. Once I realized the meat was exploration and that exploration was not just filler between the meat dungeons, my whole perspective on the game shifted

Now would the game even bettter if they had a couple more divine beasts and they were all high quality. Of course. However I actually don't think putting you in a long dungeon would benefit what the game was going for. Everything here is part of "the Wild" and so the beasts really play well into that philosophy. I wish they were better and a couple more and it really would of hit the sweet spot for me.

I'm having a blast with this second playthrough though and I freaking hate how addicted I am. I'm still on my mission to replay all the zeldas and I finished Twilight but while I was halfway through skyward Sword, I started this again. Well after 100 hours I'll return to my mission :)

LordKasual

Banned
Eep. My bad, fully. I can't read apparently.

no worries, the post you quoted was quite vague to be fair

I can understand when we're talking about posts pages back. I can even understand posts that have multiple responses, i slip up quoting people like that all the time...but when people literally can't finish a sentence before ignoring the rest of the post and hitting the quote button...like, jesus dude.

What do you think is the best designed game ever? Out of curiosity

I think his problem is with calling any game the best anything.

I think he is saying you should say it is really good or one of the best and avoid that problem.

I kind of agree with him. And this is coming from someone who thinks Zelda is a masterpiece.

Pretty much, yeah.

I say games are kind of like food / music / art. We can judge them objectively, but only to a certain degree. After that, it's basically just down to your personal opinion, yeah?

But when we review game mechanics, we have to tone down the bias to a reasonable degree so that we can discuss the game from a level playing field. So when someone decides to review the game's mechanics objectively, but the title of their article is clearly displaying the most extreme bias that's even possible for a review to have ("this is the best/worst thing ever")...i can't take that review serious. I can already see where the writer's head is at.

Of course, this objection honestly has nothing to do with the game itself. It's relevant to Zelda because it's a very precious IP to people (lol clearly), but even if I personally thought it was the best game ever designed in the universe, I still wouldn't be pretentious or shortsighted enough to title an article like that. But that's just me.

Normally, when I play a Zelda game, I'm all about the dungeons. Everything in-between is kind of filler. This was true even in games like OoT and LttP, and looking back I think the reason I like those games so much is because they didn't fill much space in-between each dungeon. Then you start getting to games like SS that have excellent dungeons but a shitload of stuff I couldn't care less about in-between each one.

BotW however has a much different aim than previous Zeldas. It's all about the moment-to-moment gameplay, the exploration, with significantly smaller dungeon set pieces sprinkled throughout. No longer was I playing just to get to the next dungeon. It scratched a very different itch for me, and for that it felt like a much-needed
breath of fresh air
for the series. That's just me though.

Sevyne

The puzzles you see in BoTW obliterate anything in OoT.

I completely agree. Maybe we're the minority, but I love the large amount of small puzzle trials spread all over the map. Feels good to discover them and they don't waste too much of my time. It makes every part of the world feel more important to me. Exploration is the main focus and the dungeons are an excellent reward for that.

Realeza

Banned
I completely agree. Maybe we're the minority, but I love the large amount of small puzzle trials spread all over the map. Feels good to discover them and they don't waste too much of my time. It makes every part of the world feel more important to me. Exploration is the main focus and the dungeons are an excellent reward for that.

People think dungeons are the most important part in Zelda, when in reality puzzles are. What's a dungeon with no puzzles? BotW has the best puzzles in the series. They are particularly amazing because of all the new gameplay elements that make them feel fresh.

I completely agree. Maybe we're the minority, but I love the large amount of small puzzle trials spread all over the map. Feels good to discover them and they don't waste too much of my time.

Its not just puzzles that make a good dungeon. A good dungeon has its own narrative and unique audiovisual elements and puzzle themes. Shrines all look and sound the same, have the same enemy, and wildly sporadic quality. This part is important because all you can really look forward to in the games puzzle segments is the physics based puzzles, since you're never going to find any interesting new item or tool that lends back to the dungeons design.

You're then rewarded with an canned scene with an orb flying at you from a sheikah mummy which is 100% inconsequential other than making the game easier.

The Divine Beasts had more going on, but their narrative was essentially "get the panels and beat the guy who beat me 100 years ago"
Visually they suffer from the same problem as shrines, being that theyre all a single shade of brown and have the same enemy from the shrines (unless you count the black goo as an enemy)

Realeza

Banned
Its not just puzzles that make a good dungeon. A good dungeon has its own narrative and unique audiovisual elements and puzzle themes. Shrines all look and sound the same, have the same enemy, and wildly sporadic quality. This part is important because all you can really look forward to in the games puzzle segments is the physics based puzzles, since you're never going to find any interesting new item or tool that lends back to the dungeons design.

You're then rewarded with an canned scene with an orb flying at you from a sheikah mummy which is 100% inconsequential other than making the game easier.

The puzzles and level design in the Divine beasts are more interesting than pretty much any Zelda before. The only thing they need to be is longer.

Personally, I don't have as much time as I used to have to finish dungeons like OoT without interruption, so I do love the shrines and their mini-dungeon nature. This is also the first Zelda since Zelda I tin which I feel that Im making my own story to the end.

Poppyseed

Replay!?!

Holy shit... i consider this one of the greatest games ever made, but i would NEVER be able to restart this from the beginning. Wow... fuck no.

I'm about 40 hours into BotW and I'm still not sure I like it. There are so many annoying things about it that make me CRAZY. It is, however, compelling enough to keep playing. Here are my top issues.

1.) Shrines. I now dread them. They were fun for the first 15 or so, and now at about 25 shrines done I simply hate them. They're not rewarding, too easy, sometimes too control-fiddly, and ugh. Just no.

2.) Cooking. It's not enjoyable in the slightest. It might be if there were a cookbook or something that stored known recipes. But nope. Just annoying. Making multiple meals is just a CHORE.

3.) Draw distance. This pisses me right off. Oh look how empty and desolate that rocks looks. I'll just paraglide there and OH MY GOD TWENTY BADDIES JUST WARPED INTO VIEW AND NOW I'M DEAD. It's super annoying and has gotten me killed numerous times. I have a couple of screenshots where it's laughable how bad the character draw distances are.

4.) Some enemies are pretty darn tough. So for that toughness they should at least drop something worthwhile. But many don't.

5.) Breakable weapons. I get why they went this direction, but it doesn't fully work, and it's annoying.

6.) Open chest. New weapon! INVENTORY FULL. FUUUU.

7.) No real map system makes me crazy. Have I been to that tiny area yet? No idea. There's no way to know. Why? Why?!

Overall, it's a decent game but it is heavily - HEAVILY - overrated. Not to mention it's pretty much impossible to beat fully without a guide, which bothers the organic collectionist freak in me considerably.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I don't "get" the complaints about no dungeons... The entire world IS a dungeon.

I put get in quotes, because I do understand people are talking about traditional Zelda, but I love what they do here more. Being in the overworld is other Zelda games has always been the boring/breather sections of the game. This game has pockets of those in the overworld too, but there are a lot of pockets of danger and problem solving in the world itself.

I'm good with this style. If BOTW2 was a whole new world with four more mini dungeons and shrines, I'd be good with that. Ocarina/Majora 3D exist and those are still fun to replay if you need your fix.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm about 40 hours into BotW and I'm still not sure I like it. There are so many annoying things about it that make me CRAZY. It is, however, compelling enough to keep playing. Here are my top issues.

It's all good bro. When GAF has that thread pop up "Objectively Great 10/10 Games that were not for me." ...You'll have something to say.

We all have our games that are objectively good that are not for us. It's okay.

1.) Shrines. I now dread them. They were fun for the first 15 or so, and now at about 25 shrines done I simply hate them. They're not rewarding, too easy, sometimes too control-fiddly, and ugh. Just no.
Many shrines give you special items, with added buffs, so most of them are useful actually. In addition to generally helping you gain more hearts and stamina, which makes adventuring much easier.

5.) Breakable weapons. I get why they went this direction, but it doesn't fully work, and it's annoying.
The system works just fine. You're too attached to the weapons you have, but I've NEVER been in a situation where I didn't have enough weapons for a fight or encounter. Enemies constantly drop them, and harder enemy camps usually have chests as well.

So? Replace an item. Maybe start finding kokorok seeds and expanding your inventory slots

7.) No real map system makes me crazy. Have I been to that tiny area yet? No idea. There's no way to know. Why? Why?!
This is somewhat annoying, however in their DLC pack it actually shows everywhere you've traversed (and it's retroactive, meaning the game has already been tracking it)

Overall, it's a decent game but it is heavily - HEAVILY - overrated. Not to mention it's pretty much impossible to beat fully without a guide, which bothers the organic collectionist freak in me considerably.

That sounds like a personal problem. The only thing that's nearly impossible without a guide is finding kokorok seeds. Everything else is very much doable. The problem is that at 40 hours you think you're far int he game when it seems like you haven't fully mastered the systems yet

Not

Banned
I'm kinda surprised to learn that it's even possible, I always assumed the whole reason the region was permanently rainy before beating the divine beast (other than narrative-wise) was to make it impossible to climb your way into it and force you to use "the right way".

Right! Me too!

EhoaVash

Idk if I would ever replay this game since I kinda 100% it my first playthrough. ( Except for korok seeds, fuck those )

Like what exactly would I get out of replaying this game if I saw everything there is to expect.

Idk maybe I could do a speed run of how fast I could get to Gannon? Or try beating him without doing Devine beasts? But....that's all the replay value I would get. Which would be pretty short.

Not

Banned
I personally loved the fact that there was no Dungeons. But again thats me.

For me, these are the only dungeons in a Zelda game that are actually fun to complete.

It's like a scavenger hunt in a super cool wide open area, not a cramped puzzle-by-puzzle labyrinth.

2.) Cooking. It's not enjoyable in the slightest. It might be if there were a cookbook or something that stored known recipes. But nope. Just annoying. Making multiple meals is just a CHORE.

3.) Draw distance. This pisses me right off. Oh look how empty and desolate that rocks looks. I'll just paraglide there and OH MY GOD TWENTY BADDIES JUST WARPED INTO VIEW AND NOW I'M DEAD. It's super annoying and has gotten me killed numerous times. I have a couple of screenshots where it's laughable how bad the character draw distances are.

4.) Some enemies are pretty darn tough. So for that toughness they should at least drop something worthwhile. But many don't.

1.) Some are easy, but some are also really clever and take some time to figure out.

2.) Could be streamlined

3.) Playing the Switch version and it never got me killed but maybe that's due to different play styles. Could be improved though.

4.) Tough enemies typically do drop good items. Jewels, monster parts, and weapons.

5.) I may be the only person that likes the strategy involved with having to plan around breakable weapons. Maybe I just like the survival aspect it sort of brings

6.) Inventory is expandable

7.) No map details make you have to explore, which is a key design choice and one I thoroughly enjoyed. Making my own map, though I would like even more icons to use and more available

They never intended for you to collect every Korok seed so they shouldn't have used those towards the 100% clear rate. Otherwise I think it's all doable without a guide.

The poor combat and weapon durability, combined with he lack of story, music and dungeons bothered me more than I expected tbh.

I still liked it, but it's my least favourite 3D Zelda.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I was disappointed. It doesn't help how overhyped it is... if it didn't have the zelda stuff in it Idk how I'd feel about the game overall. It's not terrible but it ain't that great either. I wish it was more linear

Poppyseed

Many shrines give you special items, with added buffs, so most of them are useful actually. In addition to generally helping you gain more hearts and stamina, which makes adventuring much easier.

The system works just fine. You're too attached to the weapons you have, but I've NEVER been in a situation where I didn't have enough weapons for a fight or encounter. Enemies constantly drop them, and harder enemy camps usually have chests as well.

So? Replace an item. Maybe start finding kokorok seeds and expanding your inventory slots

This is somewhat annoying, however in their DLC pack it actually shows everywhere you've traversed (and it's retroactive, meaning the game has already been tracking it)

That sounds like a personal problem. The only thing that's nearly impossible without a guide is finding kokorok seeds. Everything else is very much doable. The problem is that at 40 hours you think you're far int he game when it seems like you haven't fully mastered the systems yet

Yes. Clearly. Almost done with
3 of the divine beasts
so clearly I'm nowhere, right? Zero master of the game, clearly.

Too attached to my weapons? Really? What's next? GTA VI with cars that break down? Oh that's no issue since there are lots of cars around to jack when your current model's transmission just breaks due to over-acceleration. It's just not as much fun to have to keep weapon juggling. It's just not. Same goes for limited arrows. Again, as with weapon juggling I get why they did it - it's just not always fun.

DLC will show you where you've been? Oh that's helpful NOW when many/most of us will have beaten the game months before. No doubt this will be free DLC, right? Right? Right? And does the fact that it's happening at all mean the decision they made originally was just a poor one?

I like how you ignored my other gripes. That's usually what we call beer goggles for a game that's nowhere near as good as some make it out to be.

Look at this BS. Took me ages to find the freaking quest giver because of the crap draw distance. Even when you use the camera to zoom in it doesn't resolve this. Ridiculous.

fl4rNEh.jpg

My6oLTh.jpg

If the next Mainline Zelda can combine the exploration/openness of BOTW and the amazing dungeons ala OoT, and then improve some minor things, it will be one of the GOAT games.
This, and do away with the weapon durability thing. Normal sword, master sword, bow, boomerang, bombs, etc.

Socreges

Banned
I don't "get" the complaints about no dungeons... The entire world IS a dungeon.

I put get in quotes, because I do understand people are talking about traditional Zelda, but I love what they do here more. Being in the overworld is other Zelda games has always been the boring/breather sections of the game. This game has pockets of those in the overworld too, but there are a lot of pockets of danger and problem solving in the world itself.

I'm good with this style. If BOTW2 was a whole new world with four more mini dungeons and shrines, I'd be good with that. Ocarina/Majora 3D exist and those are still fun to replay if you need your fix.
Not actually. The world is full of excellent little puzzles and details and enemy battles etc etc and its design is pretty brilliant for the most part. But dungeons in the Zelda series are obviously quite different. Each is a closed, condensed environment with a particular theme. Layers overlap each other, puzzles intersect, etc. The divine beasts are essentially dungeons, except they share the same aesthetic and approach. It's cute to say that the world itself is a dungeon but for the most part it's a very different, very expansive experience full of travelling and exploring that is obviously nothing like the dungeons people are requesting.

That said, given how amazing the world is in this game, I can forgive the absence of traditional dungeons. But....I'd like to have both.

I've used up all the special items I could carry, and found a lot of them that I couldn't carry at the time I came across them. Now I have to fight guardians but I'm broke and am out of shields. I don't want to go back to the game now because I have to spend a ton of time to farm materials for more items that will break again. It's not fun.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I've used up all the special items I could carry, and found a lot of them that I couldn't carry at the time I came across them. Now I have to fight guardians but I'm broke and am out of shields. I don't want to go back to the game now because I have to spend a ton of time to farm materials for more items that will break again. It's not fun.
I'd rather do real chores than to do virtual chores. I don't comprehend how people can defend the food/breakable weapons systems.

LotusHD

Banned
I'd rather do real chores than to do virtual chores. I don't comprehend how people can defend the food/breakable weapons systems.

It's easy to defend it if you don't hate it. Nothing really wrong with it. It could be in the next game, and I wouldn't mind it at all, had weapons for days.

3 of the divine beasts

Too attached to my weapons? Really? What's next? GTA VI with cars that break down? Oh that's no issue since there are lots of cars around to jack when your current model's transmission just breaks due to over-acceleration. It's just not as much fun to have to keep weapon juggling. It's just not. Same goes for limited arrows. Again, as with weapon juggling I get why they did it - it's just not always fun.

DLC will show you where you've been? Oh that's helpful NOW when many/mkst of us will have beaten the game months before. No doubt this will be free DLC, right? Right? Right?

I like how you ignored my other gripes. That's usually what we call beer goggles for a game that's nowhere near as good as some make it out to be.

Look at this BS. Took me ages to find the freaking quest giver because of the crap draw distance. Even when you use then camera to zoom in it doesn't resolve this. Ridiculous.

fl4rNEh.jpg

My6oLTh.jpg

I finished has much as the story as you have, and I can say that I haven't mastered jack. For the type of game this is, that doesn't tell you everything, anyway. There are still a ton of things you can missed while
completing the story.

The poster that replied to you before probably did not reply to everything you posted due to a lot of things being subjective. Personally, for example, that joke about GTAVI having breakable cars sounds like an interesting idea. :D

Honestly, I don't understand why you are getting worked up.

Poppyseed

I finished has much as the story as you have, and I can say that I haven't mastered jack. For the type of game this is, that doesn't tell you everything, anyway. There are still a ton of things you can missed while
completing the story.

The poster that replied to you before probably did not reply to everything you posted due to a lot of things being subjective. Personally, for example, that joke about GTAVI having breakable cars sounds like an interesting idea. :D

Honestly, I don't understand why you are getting worked up.

I'm not that worked up. Just don't like being told what I have or haven't mastered, when Random Internet Guy has no idea.

Missing stuff is not the same as not having mastered stuff. I'm sure there's SOME stuff left to "master" but clearly at this point I've mastered the majority of the big stuff.

The dungeons are the worst part of this game.

Wholly unremarkable and forgettable.

Compared to OoT where ever dungeon is so damn iconic.

Every dungeon in OOT was iconic? I mean that's news to me. All I ever hear about is the Water Temple, and when I played the game back then, I thought the Forest Temple was a bore, Fire Temple was just okay, Shadow Temple was forgettable for me, and the only dungeon I really liked was the Spirit Temple. I don't hear anything about the dungeons being iconic in other sites, forums, or through reviews.

Not to say that BOTW did better, but it did break away from dungeon conventions that I thought should stay in the past (shoot this eye to open the door! etc).

3 of the divine beasts

Divine beasts alone aren't a sign of progress. I'd almost argue shrines are, because at least that shows you've been exposed to a variety of puzzles and have to had explored a decent amount of the map. A person can easily only go for the beasts and ignore everything else.

This isn't GTA. The whole game is built on constantly replacing weapons, with no penalty. With GTA stealing cars always come with that inherent risk of raising your warning level. It's not the same at all. Also, limited arrows? You find TONS of them EVERYWHERE. Enemy archers almost always drop them, and most camps have archers on watch posts.

DLC will show you where you've been? Oh that's helpful NOW when many/most of us will have beaten the game months before. No doubt this will be free DLC, right? Right? Right? And does the fact that it's happening at all mean the decision they made originally was just a poor one?

What part of "This is somewhat annoying" means I'm disagreeing with you? I'm just saying it's something that could be done better, but they're at least releasing a feature to address it. But sure, you're entitled to keep bitching about it not being already in

You mean omitted the ones I agreed with? Did I need to say "I agree" for each one?

Look at this BS. Took me ages to find the freaking quest giver because of the crap draw distance. Even when you use the camera to zoom in it doesn't resolve this. Ridiculous.

fl4rNEh.jpg

My6oLTh.jpg

The pop-in is annoying as fuck, especially when you're paragliding into an enemy encampment. I've never missed a question giver because of it...and in your picture it seems odd you didn't walk to the end of the dock. But yeah

I definitely would have preferred some more visual variety and personality throughout the shrines and Divine Beasts, and I think that goes for the vast majority of people, no matter what their opinion is of the game. But when it comes to the actual content of them (i.e. the puzzles), I feel so much more satisfaction from solving BotW's harder shrines than I did from any singular dungeon puzzle in another Zelda game.

Older dungeons in the series were great for their themes and atmosphere (and I hope that returns in the future), but when it comes to actually progressing through them, most except for a few notable exceptions don't actually make me stop and think too hard about much of anything outside of considering prior areas I could maybe return to with new items or keys. Most individual puzzles of the series, especially if you're a series veteran, boil down to looking for fairly obvious and repetitive visual cues indicating what to use and when. And even if you did get stuck on something, you could typically "brute force" your way to the solution by just using every item you have on any notable object until something activates or changes.

With BotW, I am more constantly made to think in multiple dimensions at once and use just common logic and physics to think about how things are going to react and change with my interactions. Instead of my items simply being the solution in and of themselves half the time like in prior games, my items and abilities are instead merely the start of the thinking I go through to solve many of the puzzles. It inspires creativity in many ways, and, even with puzzles that are, in the end, mainly only solvable in one major way, I feel much more smart because it pushes you to think cleverly to reach that conclusion.

I'm more than welcoming to the the idea of standard, large, themed dungeons returning in a future game, but when it comes to the puzzles themselves, I don't see myself ever being able to go back to the old standard.

To keep your shield from breaking fast, you have to learn how to time your blocks. The game really punish you for that: a guardian can destroy most shields in one blow. In terms of weapons, I found it best to use the non-special weapons like bodkin arms (or spamming bombs) for killing minor enemies, and save the special ones for major ones. This will get easier to play around with when you get the
Master Sword,
but the game still punish players for recklessly using weapons.

NewGame

Banned
Peoples complaints and gripes with this game leaves a warm satisfaction in my heart.

It really is the best game ever.

Every other open world game feels bad now. No climbing. No paraglider. Bad game 0/10

Not

Banned

I thought managing/expanding your stash was a cool feature, actually. I always have the bestest weapons, and the system teaches you to improvise rather than rely on the same old things.

The first time I threw a boomerang and discovered you had to manually catch it was like holy shit, lol.

The Y button sorting everything is a godsend.

I put something like 130 hours into my first play through. Over the weekend I wiped my save and started over. I agonized over it for a while, but my God am I glad I did it. My second run has been so much better than the first. I was afraid it would feel repetitive, the luster would wear off, and I'd wind up enjoying it less.

The opposite happened in a big way. Not being pushed forward by my own curiosity and excitement I was able to slow way down, and also go and try new things. I think I put like 6 hours into the Plateau alone. Discovered and experienced so many new things already, and I haven't even gotten to my first shrine/town/tower off the plateau yet. Plus, not being overpowered with gear put me back into "survival" mode again, and it feels so much better than the "end game" where I was unlimited and everything felt trivial. All the magic of the first time is still there, and then some. Not being distracted by learning the game, not feeling the need to rush ahead, just taking my time and really diving into things it's like everything I loved about it before is being magnified.

I was reserving final judgement of my feelings on the game until the initial honeymoon phase wore off and I gave the game another run through. I still feel the same way: this really is the game that may finally, after all these years (decades) knock Super Metroid off of it's podium as my all time favorite game.

antibolo

Banned
What the hell is up with people claiming that this game doesn't have any dungeons??

The Lost Woods is a dungeon.

The labyrinths are dungeons.

Eventide Island is a dungeon.

The path to Zora's Domain is a dungeon.

The Yiga Clan Hideout is a dungeon.

And so on.

This is a completely ridiculous complaint. It shows a massive lack of understanding of the game's overall design.

What the hell is up with people claiming that this game doesn't have any dungeons??

The Lost Woods is a dungeon.

The labyrinths are dungeons.

Eventide Island is a dungeon.

The path to Zora's Domain is a dungeon.

The Yiga Clan Hideout is a dungeon.

And so on.

They mean something a bit more specific than that

you can go through all kinds of mental gymnastics to shrug off anyone who doesnt think its the best thing ever but running through the equivalent of a hedge maze is not the "zelda dungeon" people mean...
If getting to Zoras Domain is a dungeon, anything is

antibolo

Banned
They mean something a bit more specific than that

No, they don't. Your mindset is too narrow.

Zelda dungeons are about being in an enclosed place and overcoming a given challenge.

And yes, the path to Zora's Domain counts here as it is permanently raining when you first go there, making it an enclosed area you have to get through.

Sheroking

This, and do away with the weapon durability thing. Normal sword, master sword, bow, boomerang, bombs, etc.

Absolutely not.

This is a hill I will die on. The durability system in BotW is the most revolutionary thing about it and all Zelda games should follow suit from here on.

No, they don't. Your mindset is too narrow.

no, people have reiterated many times that they mean something very specific
its like calling the hedge maze leading to the forest temple a dungeon in OoT

And yes, the path to Zora's Domain counts here as it is permanently raining when you first go there, making it an enclosed area you have to get through.

you're just being intentionally obtuse here

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Absolutely not.

This is a hill I will die on. The durability system in BotW is the most revolutionary thing about it and all Zelda games should follow suit from here on.
Then if that is the revolution I will die with the old regime.

The durability system in BotW is the most revolutionary thing about it and all Zelda games should follow suit from here on.

I don't know if the durability system is the most revolutionary thing about BotW, but I agree that it's something I hope carries forward to future games.

You are the one arguing that the game lacks an arbitrary gameplay construct just because it doesn't explicitly call it what you want.

its not arbitrary at all. Its pretty clearly defined, and if you still cant understand what people are referring to by traditional Zelda dungeon, and compare getting to Zoras Domain to those? It doesn't make much sense at all.

Top Bottom