• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

repost: Revival/Continuation of Graphic Tech Demo threads, Yay or Nay? #1

marsomega

Before the forums died 3 weeks back, I posted three big graphic tech demo threads. I named them something like "Graphic Whore Summer Edition vol " 1- 3. I don't remember how many people actually enjoyed them. (Most ran anything at least DX8 compatible.)

Unfortunately I never saved the threads. Regardless, I know some people out there like these tech demos as well as showing them off or just plain discussing their favorite. Anywho, I have the links but none of the threads saved. I don't even remember seeing the view count but remember being 200ish I think??

Anywho, before I put forth any effort in bringing these back, who out there is actually interested or cares? I actually have some new ones too. Don't mind sharing unless the interest is moot.

maing.jpg

Off-topic forum didn't care, any takers on this side?

Keio

For a Finer World
I think a lot of people here are interested. Tech demos are a good indicator of ingame gfx in about 1-2 years. What was the tech demo that Far Cry was based on?

Anyway, please, I'd love to see these threads continue.

(If we are posting specs here, I'm running 3.2Ghz+9800pro)

SKluck

Banned
Big Yay. Although some of the demos sucked, like the dragon one, most of them were pretty sweet. Always like to see what my system can do.

Top Bottom