• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of the guy before and I gotta say these comics are horrible. Free speech and all but I draw the line at Holocaust Denial, I visited concentration camps and talked to survivors many years ago. We went to Auschwitz with school around 2002.

Now do we have to cancel Hot Pockets over it? Of course not! They replied to 1 comic with 1 word and I'm sure the person tweeting it had no idea about his other work just like I did before today.

The comics themselves are really dogshit even when not highly and groslly offensive.

Cancelling hot pockets over posting one that isn't offensive is the bridge too far. And the premise of cancelling hot pockets is absurd in and of itself.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Like how dumb are they? If you are born with a dick and balls you SHOULD NOT be allowed to compete against a real woman born with a vagina in combat type sports. It's common fucking sense and a dam safety issue.
Combat sports have weight divisions separated by about 5kg.
Even kids sports have age groups.
Supposedly because even 'minor' differences like those can have massive impacts on physical capabilities, fairness, safety, etc.

But yeah, women can compete with men.
Fuckin morons.

Edit... or 'women' competing against women is totally ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The Rogan thread perfectly demonstrates the bubble that certain people exist within. The comments that imply that Sanders backing him will suddenly legitimise Rogan are beyond hilarious - the guy has 7.3 million subscribers on YouTube alone. I think he might already be relevant guys.

Honest to God, the state of that thread.... un-fucking believable.

The best bit is how it conclusively demonstrates how performative their wokeness is. They don't care about achieving anything, its all about posturing and rhetoric, and ego.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
JDSN
Avenger

3 minutes ago
SoZetaSlow said:
Yup, this and the whole ableist shit going on in left twitter recently is really showing how few leftists who claim to be allies truly give a shit about marginalised groups.

It's okay to be glad Rogan endorsed Bernie, I know I am. But Bernie signal boosting him is something people are more than valid in being mad about.
Lets get that nice fella David Duke silence and your browns better shut the fuck up!
hey guys, Joe Rogan is the same as the Grand Wizard of the KKK! same exact thing!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Combat sports have weight divisions separated by about 5kg.
Even kids sports have age groups.
Supposedly because even 'minor' differences like those can have massive impacts on physical capabilities, fairness, safety, etc.

But yeah, women can compete with men.
Fuckin morons.
We just had a huge blowup not long ago concerning the sexual abuse between men (usually coaches or related staffers) and women in sports:

But lets put men into womens' lockers rooms and label those who complain or oppose them as "TERFs" and "transphobes". That won't result in any problems...

Imagine being raped by a man and then getting called a transphobe for daring to bring it up. Oh wait, we don't have to imagine:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
man TheLostBigBoss is really a big swinging dick over there, insulting people left and right
TheLostBigBoss
The Fallen

1 minute ago
DeadlyVirus said:
You don't get it do you? If you're gonna go the route of "this person is endorsing Bernie, therefore I won't vote for him", then that's how Trump wins
No I get it, I'm actually thinking and using my brain instead of spitting out mindless dribble because you clearly can't fucking read.
kind of hypocritical given TLBB supports a woman who regularly over the course of her decade long career stanned for rapists

Cybrwzrd

Banned
FZY in my previous post is now banned for having the wrong opinion:
T6aEd1i.png

But if he's blocked, how did you...?
27DT9bJ.png

Kirblar is drunk posting again:
ETK12qg.png

Only post links if you've performed an exhaustive study on whether or not the source is problematic or problematic-adjacent:
lS80qcP.png

WLUX2gW.png

Apparently Rogan is a terrorist to some 🤡 :
d3q9vN1.png

AKA, I have no proof of my claims:
ixk5V78.png

And that's up to page 10 so far.

Also Ketkat is posting in that thread. Didn't they disappear after the whole trans thing a few months back?

You know, REEE ought to put posters preferred pronouns under their member tags. I'm surprised that is not a feature already. :messenger_confused:

Stochastic Terror/ist/ism really is the new buzzword now. I keep hearing it and have never before until the last year or so, and well, it really only started to be searched for in that time frame. The left needs to label types of thoughtcrime so they can make it illegal.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Stochastic Terror/ist/ism really is the new buzzword now. I keep hearing it and have never before until the last year or so, and well, it really only started to be searched for in that time frame. The left needs to label types of thoughtcrime so they can make it illegal.
i looked up the term, it basically means "random". so all this is just another way to ignore someone's opinion and assert that they are just "randomly" doing this to troll you. so it's example 10,000 in "Ways to pretend other people aren't actually saying the things they said".

calling them a terrorist bc they are suicide bombing your mind tho, lol, new heights of hysteria

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
i looked up the term, it basically means "random". so all this is just another way to ignore someone's opinion and assert that they are just "randomly" doing this to troll you. so it's example 10,000 in "Ways to pretend other people aren't actually saying the things they said".

calling them a terrorist bc they are suicide bombing your mind tho, lol, new heights of hysteria

More specifically they use the term to mean the use of mass media to incite random/unaffiliated violence/hate against marginalized groups.

So basically if you ever say anything negative on mass media about any group, and some rando hears it and acts, that makes you a stochastic terrorist.

I made it to about page 4 and I realized that about 80% of that community has to be joke accounts potentially making Era the greatest website ever.

I can't imagine that the people posting in that Joe Rogan thread are serious. Are they serious? It feels like some sort of cringe performance art. I can honestly imagine that whole website being a mass organized Andy Kaufman-esque ruse.

Imagine being so out to lunch as a whole that this scenario is more believable than what the reality is.

ViolentP

I can't imagine that the people posting in that Joe Rogan thread are serious. Are they serious? It feels like some sort of cringe performance art. I can honestly imagine that whole website being a mass organized Andy Kaufman-esque ruse.

Imagine being so out to lunch as a whole that this scenario is more believable than what the reality is.

I feel like all of GAF produced Era and filled it with all those posts for the simple sake of pranking me.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Honest to God, the state of that thread.... un-fucking believable.

The best bit is how it conclusively demonstrates how performative their wokeness is. They don't care about achieving anything, its all about posturing and rhetoric, and ego.

Even "The good place" got in a jest about performative wokers in their latest episode.

GHG

Day 3 on Resetera, and I stumbled upon this post:

So if PC gaming dies EviLore EviLore wins and we kill ResetERA?

Wellthen.

HEY YO @MICROSOFT, WE NEED YOU TO LAUNCH GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE 5.0, AND TO BAN STEAM FROM RUNNING ON ALL VERSIONS OF WINDOWS 10.

Thank you Phil for saving the internet. ;)

At least we can clap back at the Epic games stans here without fear of the banhammer by Bronsonlee.

You know, actually have a debate/discussion without the trolls ban baiting and then report spamming.

TrainedRage

Banned

Oh so it IS ok to talk about Joe Rogan. It just has to be the right kind of talk I guess. Crazy hypocritical.

"But Bernie likes him so he's ok to talk about now!"

Gotta love those sheep who just say "duh I don't like Joe but this is fine, duh". I just cant with these people any more. They make no sense and have no morals apparently.

Mods: WE DO NOT PROVIDE A PLATFORM FOR JOE ROGAN!!!!!!! **THREAD CLOSED

Also Mods: WE NEED THE ALT RIGHT VOTERS TO WIN THIS ELECTION SO ITS OK NOW!!!!! **NOT A PEEP

HMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
That place is cancer. Dude was banned for just saying he liked Rogan who is probably the most accepting and least racist or bigoted personally out there and he’s painted as the opposite. The guy accepts everybody.

They are so mentally ill and focused on pushing agendas that they can’t grasp or even attempt to understand his trans MMA or weightlifting arguments. He’s so right about it, I don’t even think there is a valid counter argument. He’s actually one of the stronger advocates out there for the trans community. He’s just sane about it.

That Rogan/Bernie thread is just..

2RB8rk.gif

I am honestly amazed they haven't closed it yet. Think of all the poor REEEtards there who might be exposed to big bad Joe Rogan through the thread?

That place is cancer. Dude was banned for just saying he liked Rogan who is probably the most accepting and least racist or bigoted personally out there and he’s painted as the opposite. The guy accepts everybody.

They are so mentally ill and focused on pushing agendas that they can’t grasp or even attempt to understand his trans MMA or weightlifting arguments. He’s so right about it, I don’t even think there is a valid counter argument. He’s actually one of the stronger advocates out there for the trans community. He’s just sane about it.

Yep. They don't care what your actually views on policy and social issues are. They only care what the prevailing narrative and groupthink is. They are a cult and borderline dangerous how many people they indoctrinate. The mods buy into it and they also need to appease it to retain power/userbase.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Nepenthe
When the music hits, you feel no pain.

10 minutes ago

And another goddamn thing.

Even John racist-ass McCain had the testicular fortitude to tell one of his own potential constituents to her face to shut up and sit down in regards to calling Obama a Muslim.

John-fucking-McCain.

He is the standard y'all are insisting Democrats cannot and should not live up to.

It is clown shoes for real.
when you are holding up John McCain's Islamaphobia as an example of a good standard to live up to in order to support your trans agenda

a mod celebrating the actions of a racist warmonger in order to shame the percieved inactions of a Jewish man. you heard it hear first.

"clown shoes for real" NO SHIT

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Yep. They don't care what your actually views on policy and social issues are. They only care what the prevailing narrative and groupthink is. They are a cult and borderline dangerous how many people they indoctrinate. The mods buy into it and they also need to appease it to retain power/userbase.
The mods don’t just buy into it, they push it. Mass delusion is never good, and they promote mass delusion on that site, it’s all they do. They don’t live in the real world.

It *IS* interesting though that now there are sufficient numbers of posters there that (while also batshit insane) think differently than the other (batshit insane) posters. The Bernie vs Warren groups are going at it, along with the TransRightsOverAllOtherRights folx vs the Left/Liberal but not 100% crazy folk. Mods are coming down on all sides on some topics, so they're "united front" seems to be cracking a bit.

If they just banned every Bernie OR Warren supporter, it'd be far too blatant for even their control, they're dishing out bans on either side, but it's not helping control the chaos.

I will say, the one thing that can get you insta-banned 100% of the time still is ANYTHING even remotely disparaging about trans. The last powwow ensured their protected class #1 no matter what.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It’s funny how trans people have become the #1 protected demographic among woke types being that I think far less people in this country hate trans people than they hate specific races or religions. Most people don’t give a shit one way or another about trans people. Well, most people don’t give a shit about race either anymore, but being anti black or Jewish is a deep seeded thing that goes back decades and/or centuries. The trans community doesn’t have that kinda history of hatred, most people kinda just look the other way and have the attitude of “as long as you aren’t bothering me, I don’t give a shit.”

It’s weird how the trans protectionism has overtaken that of anything else including race and religion when hatred for those things goes way deeper, and is way stronger.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It’s funny how trans people have become the #1 protected demographic among woke types being that I think far less people in this country hate trans people than they hate specific races or religions. Most people don’t give a shit one way or another about trans people. Well, most people don’t give a shit about race either anymore, but being anti black or Jewish is a deep seeded thing that goes back decades and/or centuries. The trans community doesn’t have that kinda history of hatred, most people kinda just look the other way and have the attitude of “as long as you aren’t bothering me, I don’t give a shit.”

It’s weird how the trans protectionism has overtaken that of anything else including race and religion when hatred for those things goes way deeper, and is way stronger.
TransRightsOverAllOtherRights
it is a symptom of their unexamined white supremacy. trans is the only identity where a white man can still be seen as oppressed. they can still dominate and center everything around their existence.

thus the millions of POC in poverty whose lives would be changed by M4A need to stand in line and wait. Medicare 4 All is useless unless the gov't pay so that children can be put on puberty blockers.

it fucking pisses me off tbh. i found out i have cancer 2 years ago, and im hanging on to a job for health insurance. seeing all these privileged dickheads, most of whom probably don't even live here, hijack the conversation, is actively making me hate the movement.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
rGHmrj7.png

Oof, Nepenthe shouldn't be talking about who is more racist. He wants to kill white babies afterall.

zRQLe0J.png

Last edited:
Like how dumb are they? If you are born with a dick and balls you SHOULD NOT be allowed to compete against a real woman born with a vagina in combat type sports. It's common fucking sense and a dam safety issue.
A few broken orbital sockets are a small price to pay for trans representation you bigot!!!

I hope the sarcasm is self-evident.

Let's see how this calm, not-overly aggressive thread goes.
6jI1jVL.png

That excelsiorlef is one of my favorites, I love when he gets involved, it just up's a thread's ridiculous level to 11.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
it is a symptom of their unexamined white supremacy. trans is the only identity where a white man can still be seen as oppressed. they can still dominate and center everything around their existence.

thus the millions of POC in poverty whose lives would be changed by M4A need to stand in line and wait. Medicare 4 All is useless unless the gov't pay so that children can be put on puberty blockers.

it fucking pisses me off tbh. i found out i have cancer 2 years ago, and im hanging on to a job for health insurance. seeing all these privileged dickheads, most of whom probably don't even live here, hijack the conversation, is actively making me hate the movement.
Sorry you got diagnosed with cancer 🙁 are you doing ok?

I think part of it is that, part of it is that defending trans over all others is just the latest trend and the pendulum will swing back eventually.

I’ve had a series of chronic illnesses over the years and I’ve experienced everything out healthcare system has to offer. The worst of the worst. I’ve been denied coverage for preexisting conditions, I’ve been sent home from doctors offices because of insurance technicalities. I’ve experienced it all and I’m still not sure MFA is good. And I’m currently on disability until I can get my disease into remission because I had a recent relapse last year and the meds I was on stopped working and I ended up needing multiple surgeries. It blows. So I’m someone who is on government insurance and still isn’t sure MFA is good. It has its positives but it also has major drawbacks. Pick your poison.

Doctors make Jack shit on Medicare and Medicaid. Medicare patients net them next to zero and Medicaid very little more than that. 97% of doctors accept Medicare right now in this country, I guarantee with MFA that number drops to probably 50% or less. Practices just wouldn’t be able to stay open with only Medicare patients, so tons of doctors would drop out and only keep their private insurance patients. Which means you’d have an influx of millions of newly insured people with far less doctors to see. Just a personal estimate on my part the waiting times would be WAAAAAY worse than Canada since we have way more people. Surgeries could be 1.5 to 2 year wait. Basic primary care appointments could easily be 6 months or more. It would be ridiculous. And people would abuse the shit out of it too just like they do all government programs. People would make appointments every time they have a runny nose, pushing back appointments for those who really need it for something serious.

MFA is no cure all.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Sorry you got diagnosed with cancer 🙁 are you doing ok?
thanks yeah it fucking sucks. luckily i have a rare blood cancer that can be treated by just having blood taken out. 500ccs every 2 months. counting my prayers that i don't have to take any medicine.
MFA is no cure all.
that's fine, it doesn't matter. we just need to move the needle. i've heard Dems promise health care for the masses going on 30 years now. i remember being in middle school hearing the Clintons go on and on about giving people health care. i tried getting Obamacare before i got my current job and it was unaffordable. ideally i would like it so that if i lost my job, i would be able to get my treatment without going into debt. the details of what it is, what they call it, all that i don't care about. i just want health care. Medicare is already a thing and M4A is popular so that seems to be the best shot at introducing some kind of reform.

Last edited:
Dude is a transphobe and a major both Sider with an easily impressionable audience. He has had very questionable quests on his show including Milo.

He's also the biggest podcast in the world by a LARGE margin.

Here's something that people on Era don't understand. Whoever ends up being president will be serving the ENTIRE nation, not just the progressives. That means the transphobes, the racists, the straight-up Nazis, etc. Trump is an anomaly that actively hates the majority of his constituents. Bernie would not be that. He's not going to talk about removing human rights from bigots like so many on Era want. Some jackass in the deep south addicted to screaming the n word and the most progressive person in LA are the same to him in that he wants to help both.

If the baseline for whoever should get the nomination is "not bannable on Era", either no one would get it or whoever does would get 20k votes maximum. People are largely not that progressive and the fact so many are addicted to push away imperfect allies is why they never will be.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
He's also the biggest podcast in the world by a LARGE margin.

Here's something that people on Era don't understand. Whoever ends up being president will be serving the ENTIRE nation, not just the progressives. That means the transphobes, the racists, the straight-up Nazis, etc. Trump is an anomaly that actively hates the majority of his constituents. Bernie would not be that. He's not going to talk about removing human rights from bigots like so many on Era want. Some jackass in the deep south addicted to screaming the n word and the most progressive person in LA are the same to him in that he wants to help both.

If the baseline for whoever should get the nomination is "not bannable on Era", either no one would get it or whoever does would get 20k votes maximum. People are largely not that progressive and the fact so many are addicted to push away imperfect allies is why they never will be.
He's a necessary evil for sure. I'm not happy about Bernie advertising him, but I totally understand why he would. His endorsement is bigger than most and if this means winning more people over to Bernie in the general over Trump than so be it.

He's a necessary evil for sure. I'm not happy about Bernie advertising him, but I totally understand why he would. His endorsement is bigger than most and if this means winning more people over to Bernie in the general over Trump than so be it.

What you're calling a "necessary evil" is literally the pulse of America. I don't buy for one minute that you only have progressive friends, especially after saying where you've lived. Joe Rogan is a relevant part of the larger conversation whether it be politics or just pop culture in general, unlike Era.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
thanks yeah it fucking sucks. luckily i have a rare blood cancer that can be treated by just having blood taken out. 500ccs every 2 months. counting my prayers that i don't have to take any medicine.

that's fine, it doesn't matter. we just need to move the needle. i've heard Dems promise health care for the masses going on 30 years now. i remember being in middle school hearing the Clintons go on and on about giving people health care. i tried getting Obamacare before i got my current job and it was unaffordable. ideally i would like it so that if i lost my job, i would be able to get my treatment without going into debt. the details of what it is, what they call it, all that i don't care about. i just want health care. Medicare is already a thing and M4A is popular so that seems to be the best shot at introducing some kind of reform.
I'm glad to hear that I wish you the best. :messenger_heart:

I agree. I want every single person in this country to be able to see a doctor if they need one and be able to afford medications and surgeries and whatever. I think the best solution is to bring down the cost significantly for working people who can afford it, and for the people who can't make sure they're covered. Insurance wasn't always this expensive. It really started to take off like that in the 40s and onward, once people started getting it from their employers and the tax breaks involved with that. I just want to find the best happy medium to where everyone can be insured, but people don't have to wait months and months just to see doctors or to get operations when they need them. I think the best solution is to try and lower the cost.

But I agree overall we should be working to find a way to get everyone insured in some way.

Nester99

would you be willing to define your version of “evil” and why you think Joe Rogan fits that description?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom