• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
He's a necessary evil for sure. I'm not happy about Bernie advertising him, but I totally understand why he would. His endorsement is bigger than most and if this means winning more people over to Bernie in the general over Trump than so be it.
He is not a transphobe. He actually is a very strong advocate for the trans community and trans rights. You can be a supporter of trans people without being all on the trans side on every single issue. There is nuance there. That term is so overused anyway. Transphobia implies hatred or fear of trans people with prejudice. He is not that way at all, it's just wrong. All he's ever said is he doesn't support trans women competing in physical sporting events with biological women because it's not fair to those biological women who train everyday and their literal livelihood is on the line, as these are jobs for a lot of women and they earn money based off success in these competitions. Only to have someone who used to be a dude, with years of testosterone and increased tendon and muscle strength waltz in and pummel them in a cage easy peasy or outrun them or outmuscle them in physical competitions. That's not "transphobic" that's just being logical. It's a can't-win proposition. If he says yes trans people should be able to compete then he's "misogynistic" because biological women are getting fucked over. If not, he's "transphobic."

And many in the trans community agree with Joe. It's just the ones who want to play victim all the time and want to be angry about everything who don't.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
HStallion

18 minutes ago
Cherries said:
Telling nonvoters that they're bigoted and should shut the fuck up is not a good strategy to get them to vote.
I suppose if they're not already voting by this point then it doesn't matter whether you're nice or not to them.
this is how you win elections. "If you haven't voted for us yet, then you won't vote for us in the future, so fuck you!"

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
IlLtHfN.png

"Voting out to be"
"out to be"

TaySan

Banned
would you be willing to define your version of “evil” and why you think Joe Rogan fits that description?
To clarify I don't mean he's the literal devil, but with such a massive fanbase of his I think it's irresponsible to bring people like Milo in and letting them spread their views to the world.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
To clarify I don't mean he's the literal devil, but with such a massive fanbase of his I think it's irresponsible to bring people like Milo in and letting them spread their views to the world.
i mean CNN covers Milo, they have Richard Spencer on the air all the time. Vice has specials on Nazis all the time, giving them interviews, yet they are still seen as "left". you can think it's irresponsible of Joe but in the context of the other media outlets, it really isn't. he isn't normalizing these people anywhere near as much as mainstream media.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
excelsiorlef

13 minutes ago

We sell a lie that voting is the most personal decision, again by it's very nature it ought to be the most selfless.You are not voting for you, you are voting for the marginalized, those who can't weather the storm.
1) voting is a personal decision, you idiot fuck. this is why they have curtains up when you vote.

2) i can vote for whatever the fuck i want. this is how it objectively works. you don't get to decide reasons why people vote. i don't vote for other people like i am doing them a favor. i vote for me, sorry to burst your bubble.

jesus christ with the savior complex on this guy. he thinks he changing the world by screaming at other far left liberals.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

It's very arrogant of you to believe Rogan's listeners are mindless drones who'll go to bat for whoever the latest guest is.

And it's even more arrogant for you to believe that ideas can be killed.

Censorship is dangerous, irresponsible and ultimately an authoritarian tool.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I hate the whole “can’t give them a platform, it’s dangerous!” arguments. For one, it’s 2020, anyone can give themselves a platform on social media whenever they want and get their beliefs out there. Secondly, the best thing to do when people have bad ideas is to get those ideas out there, not shut them down.

The counter to this is always Nazi Germany. “Tell that to the German people in the early 1900s!” Which shows their lack of knowledge on history. For one, most Germans didn’t buy into the anti Jewish and bigoted rhetoric back then. The Nazis needed an unprecedented propaganda campaign in conjunction with taking over the radio waves and murdering people who disagreed to change the sentiment of the populous and that took years. And even then the really brutal stuff they did to Jews and other groups they did in secret because they knew it wouldn’t be thought of well by the people. Why do you think the Holocaust was used in code as “the final solution to the Jewish question.” And even before the election, most Germans thought Hitler was a rambling idiot, it wasn’t until the Great Depression Germans started to buy in that he could turn the economy around.

Sorry for the diatribe, but that’s always the go-to argument for platforms being dangerous, but it isn’t true. Letting people speak openly is actually the best way to get people to turn on your ideas and find them as wrong, not the other way around. Why do you think I’m police interrogations they want suspects talking as much as possible? The longer people with bad ideas talk, the harder it is to keep up a facade.

Rogan, by having people on you disagree with is the best thing, not the worst. And it also sets a great precedent that people, regardless of what you believe, are entitled to those ideas, because at some point(like we see on RE) even normal innocuous beliefs will be snuffed out and that’s a worse future overall. Otherwise, these people will just go underground and become more radicalized.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
excelsiorlef

6 minutes ago
Because I;m actively involved in a discussion, if I wanted to feel good I'd fuck off and do something else.

i also think that trying to remove good honest anger at the situation is pretty shit, especially as a Canadian who is deathly afraid of right wing reactionaryism seeping into my country via the US, while people who have the only god honest power to stand up for the marginalized (who won't be ok if it's for more years of Trump) drag their feet because of some bullshit about voting their conscience....
holy shit Ex isn't even a US citizen. a whiny Canadian crybaby.

fuck these foreign actors stirring division in our political system.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I'm no fan of Milo and I haven't seen the Rogan episode he appeared on, but what do you fear will happen to normal people if Milo gets to talk to Rogan? He's a ridiculous provocateur and I think most people see him for that.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
they are basically laying the groundwork for more abusive "fuck non voters fuck third party anyone not a frothing Dem deserves to be treated like shit" thread come November.
Quoting prophecy.

holy shit Ex isn't even a US citizen. a whiny Canadian crybaby.

fuck these foreign actors stirring division in our political system.
It's amusing, isn't it? Been going on for awhile.

Literally eating their own.

[User banned (duration pending): Hostility, antagonizing another member over a series of posts. ]

Did more than simply imply. You have been on a recent kick of defending and infantilizing racists.

Won't someone think of the nazi? He's only economically anxious. They only need a little compassion. Those mean old minorities and shitlibs just won't give it to them just because he believes migrant children should be put in camps.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

What is wrong with a gay white man who likes big black cocks? Is he not allowed a platform? Why so homophobic?

Last edited:

accel

OK, I'll bite. What's wrong with Milo? The worst I can say about him is that he is a poser. What do I not know about him? If you say something like "he's a transphobe" like you did about Rogan (no, he is not), I'd appreciate if you referenced a key incident.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

What's the worst case scenario of him being on Joe Rogan's podcast?

Papa

Banned
What is wrong with a gay white man who likes big black cocks? Is he not allowed a platform? Why so homophobic?

I missed the whole Milo drama because I wasn’t around for gamer gate but I’ve watched quite a few of his videos since and listened to him on Rogan and the dude is funny as fuck. I like him. I’ve not once heard anything that makes me believe he’s the white supremacist the Ree types accuse him of being.

TaySan

Banned
i mean CNN covers Milo, they have Richard Spencer on the air all the time. Vice has specials on Nazis all the time, giving them interviews, yet they are still seen as "left". you can think it's irresponsible of Joe but in the context of the other media outlets, it really isn't. he isn't normalizing these people anywhere near as much as mainstream media.
I don't like CNN or media in general either for taking neo nazis like Richard as a quest. But i have no control over that unfortunately. :(
OK, I'll bite. What's wrong with Milo? The worst I can say about him is that he is a poser. What do I not know about him? If you say something like "he's a transphobe" like you did about Rogan (no, he is not), I'd appreciate if you referenced a key incident.
He's a misogynist and a self hating homophobe.
https://www.vox.com/2017/10/14/1646...ash-talks-pope-in-catholic-magazine-interview

pulga

Banned
Last edited:

daemissary

ERA and the left generally treats people like total fucking morons.

“Platforming” as a sin is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard...it only makes sense if you think the average person is so unbelievably stupid that they’ll like whatever garbage you put in front of their faces. Like no, when Rogan has Bari Weiss on...I can listen to her ideas and accept the good ones and reject and roast her over the horrific ones and move on with my day. Same with Milo or whoever else.

I don’t need you curating my content. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom