• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

YhjT2eJ.png

At least they won't be procreating.

Saruhashi

Banned
But you have bad people outside of the forum with bad intentions cherry picking posts with no context to them and laughing at them. Obviously I cant do anything about otherwise I would shut them down for good.

Hang on.

I have a lot of sympathy for the other poster. Calling up someone's voicemail and sending shit to they employer and family etc is bang out of order. Straight up disgraceful behaviour.

However, your complaint seems to be that they are simply laughing at your idiotic posts.

If you don't want to be laughed at then don't post dumb shit. At least fucking think before you post.

Oh and if it was about your posting regarding that YouTube dude who killed himself then they are quite right to shame you over that and you SHOULD be fucking ashamed of your two-faced hypocritical behaviour there.

If you are going to insist on making an absolute arse of yourself online, on a publicly viewable forum, then you are fair game for ridicule.

Doxxing. Phoning people up. Contacting employers, friends and family. Fucking with people's real lives. All of that is way out of line and easily condemned.

Laughing at some clown who doesn't think before posting moronic shite? Nothing wrong with that.

You made a fool of yourself and people laughed at you. Boo fucking hoo.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How can a forum, read by other people who are not members, be considered a safespace?

I mean your posts can be easily exploitable and made known since you're posting your information in public.

If you're talking about "I can discuss my feelings without being attacked", then are you sure that the people you are talking to are genuine and won't exploit you in the future?

Nothing is safe in the internet. Heck even Facebook private chats aren't 100% private.

How can a forum, read by other people who are not members, be considered a safespace?

I mean your posts can be easily exploitable and made known since you're posting your information in public.

If you're talking about "I can discuss my feelings without being attacked", then are you sure that the people you are talking to are genuine and won't exploit you in the future?

Nothing is safe in the internet. Heck even Facebook private chats aren't 100% private.
Sounds like a good excuse to make the forum go member-viewable-only. 🤷‍♀️

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION -- In light of Kiwifarm monitoring our every move and the trashfire of freethinkers devoting an entire thread to mocking us and baiting our members, ERA will only be viewable when logged into your verified member profile. In particular, this is for the safety of our minority and LGBTQ+ members who choose to bravely post online and should be able to do so without fear of being screen-capped.

If this scenario ever actually happened, it would be open season for trolls who want to see what's behind the curtain. Any remaining trust within the ERA community would be swiftly shredded.

nush

Gold Member
Sounds like a good excuse to make the forum go member-viewable-only. 🤷‍♀️

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION -- In light of Kiwifarm monitoring our every move and the trashfire of freethinkers devoting an entire thread to mocking us and baiting our members, ERA will only be viewable when logged into your verified member profile. In particular, this is for the safety of our minority and LGBTQ+ members who choose to bravely post online and should be able to do so without fear of being screen-capped.

If this scenario ever actually happened, it would be open season for trolls who want to see what's behind the curtain. Any remaining trust within the ERA community would be swiftly shredded.

Except we have accounts, often multiple ones there already. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TaySan

Banned

Yes this is what I was talking about. Yes I know it's a public forum, but the community itself fosters a safe environment. No one there can call me a fucking autist and get away with it. :(

Are they truly being genuine? I don't know for sure, but they can't be malicious on the site for sure. I feel safer posting there and being open. That is my feelings and I'm sorry if that is irrational.

Handel

[User Banned (Duration pending): Wrong think]
Posters on REE like to throw around that betterthingsaren'tpossible.jpg, but are fine with certain status quos, clearly because that candidate pushes their status quo agenda, until they don't (gj REE on stanning for a transphobe!).

They have no accountability, so it isn't surprising that they're not willing to take risks to make actual change. Cowards the lot of them.

Yes this is what I was talking about. Yes I know it's a public forum, but the community itself fosters a safe environment. No one there can call me a fucking autist and get away with it. :(

Are they truly being genuine? I don't know for sure, but they can't be malicious on the site for sure. I feel safer posting there and being open. That is my feelings and I'm sorry if that is irrational.
If someone gives you shit on here for a disability you can be sure they would catch a ban or someone would pull them up on it.

I think you probably see ree as just catering to that need as there are quite a few people on there I would presume are shut ins or have social disorders but being locked in a cage with them all is probably not the best thing for you...it will only amplify things and the fact that unless your black/trans you are at the bottom of the pile and first to go.

Do yourself a favor....nuke your account and make this your new home.....you will be much better mentality for it and you will also be able to have a laugh at things as most of us came to the realisation that era is the public toilet wall of the internet .....bad to touch but fun to read.

But you can get away with horrible extremely toxic shit there, as long as you are speaking about and to the right kind of people.

I’m sorry you feel less safe here. I think we can sometimes be silly or go overboard here. But I personally find a butt ton of love here.

All I can say is I wish you felt the same way, and hopefully you eventually will.

Except we have accounts, often multiple ones there already. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Shhhh. There's still a chance that the cultists say "screw it" and flee to yet another safer space if they perceive that ERA is irredeemably compromised with alt-right trolls and Republican-adjacent deplorables. My predictions from June are turning out to be correct (though they're not really "my" predictions. I feel as though it is common sense and others have said the same in other words and in other threads).

Papa

Banned
If someone gives you shit on here for a disability you can be sure they would catch a ban or someone would pull them up on it.

I think you probably see ree as just catering to that need as there are quite a few people on there I would presume are shut ins or have social disorders but being locked in a cage with them all is probably not the best thing for you...it will only amplify things and the fact that unless your black/trans you are at the bottom of the pile and first to go.

Do yourself a favor....nuke your account and make this your new home.....you will be much better mentality for it and you will also be able to have a laugh at things as most of us came to the realisation that era is the public toilet wall of the internet .....bad to touch but fun to read.

That’s not true. I said “fuck off, autist” a few pages back in response to his cancelling antics and labelling his political opponents (including me) as hateful, fear-mongering homophobes for daring to disagree with children being exposed to LGBT ideology. Now he wants to play the victim over it, just as I predicted. Want to play the cancel game? Then all of your own attributes are fair game and you don’t get to run and hide behind them when the shit is flung back in your direction.

Cool, so you've just called me a hateful, homophobic fear-mongerer. No semblance of an argument, just "I can't rebut your opinion so I'm going to label you evil". Fuck off, autist.

Be specific in how society put him down. You can't just make a wide-ranging claim like that and not back it up with specifics otherwise you're either lazy or ideologically motivated.

belmarduk

Era is a meant to be a safe place for people like me to share and be open with like minded members and not be judged harshly and laughed at. There are very few places for people with disabilities that are safe and Era is one of them.

But you have bad people outside of the forum with bad intentions cherry picking posts with no context to them and laughing at them. Obviously I cant do anything about otherwise I would shut them down for good.

What disabilities do you have? I don't think you would be mocked here for being disabled.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Has anyone checked to see if b-dubs has been using his loofah and soap since he logged back in?

Last edited:
That’s not true. I said “fuck off, autist” a few pages back in response to his cancelling antics and labelling his political opponents (including me) as hateful, fear-mongering homophobes for daring to disagree with children being exposed to LGBT ideology. Now he wants to play the victim over it, just as I predicted. Want to play the cancel game? Then all of your own attributes are fair game and you don’t get to run and hide behind them when the shit is flung back in your direction.
I agree on the principles but not the language used.....people should never be filed under a box with a name as that's why we have this stupid 101 genders and sexual preferences

I think people in here are smart enough to realise when someone is playing both sides of the coin

JSoup

Banned

:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Some of these topics, oh boy.

When I was five, I grabbed a box of tampax pads at the store cause I thought they were tissue paper.
In my defense, no one pointed out the error until we were already in line.

ManaByte

Gold Member

:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Some of these topics, oh boy.

Reminds me of the old thread where the guy threw his shit covered TP in the trash instead of flushing it.

TaySan

Banned
I already returned it and got my money back, but this is what i bought. lol I was in a rush and jsut saw the price and grabbed it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Va...-5c5-16fef9c7944ae3&athancid=null&athena=true

got these to replace them. :)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scott-1000-Toilet-Paper-20-Rolls-20-000-Sheets/625451177

It’s not so much that they look similar, more of the ”hey, I think this would be a good idea for a thread!”

But you do you, I’m just messing with you and thought it was funny.

Just don’t make a thread asking if they wipe front to back or back to front, though.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I agree on the principles but not the language used.....people should never be filed under a box with a name as that's why we have this stupid 101 genders and sexual preferences

I think people in here are smart enough to realise when someone is playing both sides of the coin

That’s kinda missing the point though. The game these fruitcakes play is to say the most hateful, dishonest shit in the hopes of getting someone cancelled then accuse you of doing it and hide behind their victim badge if you dare criticize them. My strategy is to cut straight to the victim badge and use it before they get to in order to disrupt their game. It’s not about criticising the attribute itself; it’s about disarming them before they use it defensively against you.

Now watch the low IQ retards complain about me taking things too seriously while continuing to marvel at how a place like Ree can evolve to where it is.

haxan7

Banned
What KF does is perfectly legal harrassment which sucks for people like me. :/ I've had multiple posts of mine intented ONLY to be read by Era members that is now on the wide interwebs.
If I had the power I would shut them down for good!

Christ. You might be the key to reach the fabled Island of Stability. Someone get ahold of CERN!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Fuck out of here with your victim mentality. Era only promotes hate and violence. They openly doxx innocent people, celebrate the deaths of people they dislike, and openly advocate for murder based on race. Grow a pair, get thicker skin, and take the lumps like the rest of us.

Clearly Era "giving up" sex has not mad them happier. Also why are half of them confused the female writer can have sex pretty easily.

You guys don't have my brain. XD I have a bad tendency to brain fart, but at least this one was just innocent and funny.
I always enjoy your threads. There were like no good threads today because everybody got banned from saying Kobe was a rapist and the next day saying Kobe wasn't a rapist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom