• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertdroog

The exact question was: "what would you say to americans that are scared? Nearly 200 are dead, 14 thousand who are sick, millions as you've witnessed who are scared right now.. What do you say to americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"

How exactly was that "have you stopped beating your wife?" Elected leader of this country, people are terrified, can you say something to offer some guidance or positivity? Maybe something like "we'll get through this" or "your government is hard at work to protect you".

Thank you for proving my point that no matter what some people refuse to see that maybe, just maybe, Trump isn't very good at this sometimes. If I needed a stronger argument, you've provided me with one. I get that sometimes the media bends over backwards to try and dunk on Trump, he is sometimes treated unfairly which I don't care for. Not everything he does needs to be treated with scorn, but not everything he does needs to be rained down upon with blind praise.

But fuck off with this "a reporter asking him to address scared citizens was a gotcha."
Here is the back and forth :

President Trump: “I’m not being overly optimistic or pessimistic”

Comcast reporter: “What do you say to Americans who are scared,.. uhh what do you say to Americans who are scared, nearly 200 dead, .. what do you say to America who are watching you right now who are SCARED.”

President Trump: “I’d say you’re a terrible reporter. […]. You ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism”

Here is the video starting at his question:

The reporter was attempting to create news rather than report it. It was hashed out in the politics thread, but if you watched the whole press conference that same reporter was hectoring President Trump about his positivity, which Trump had enough of his bullshit. The whole press conference was a statement to the people of the United States, meanwhile this moron was asking bullshit questions to be used in a gotcha soundbite that you swallowed down with your bias.

We are not going to agree, but you are taking a small window of the entire interaction and running wild with stupidity. It is ok, we have seen this every day for the past four years.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The whole press conference was a statement to the people of the United States,

That's the other thing that doesn't get mentioned enough. Dude just spent like 30 minutes laying out his message to Americans. How do you go on asking someone what their message is after just listening to it?

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Here is the back and forth :

President Trump: “I’m not being overly optimistic or pessimistic”

Comcast reporter: “What do you say to Americans who are scared,.. uhh what do you say to Americans who are scared, nearly 200 dead, .. what do you say to America who are watching you right now who are SCARED.”

President Trump: “I’d say you’re a terrible reporter. […]. You ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism”

Here is the video starting at his question:

The reporter was attempting to create news rather than report it. It was hashed out in the politics thread, but if you watched the whole press conference that same reporter was hectoring President Trump about his positivity, which Trump had enough of his bullshit. The whole press conference was a statement to the people of the United States, meanwhile this moron was asking bullshit questions to be used in a gotcha soundbite that you swallowed down with your bias.

We are not going to agree, but you are taking a small window of the entire interaction and running wild with stupidity. It is ok, we have seen this every day for the past four years.

Complains that I didn't watch the whole thing, posts a two minute cutdown. Mmkay.

You're right we aren't going to agree. I do find it rich that I'm the biased one here. I did watch the whole press conference. As well as every daily press conference in case you were hoping I only picked up whatever bias I got in my liberal Trump hating daily newsletter. I saw the entire interaction. If the media is so devious and conniving to set traps and bait Trump why does he keep falling for it?

I know GAF has a right swing which is why I tend to stay out of Pol usually. It's shit like this.

TFS is definitely real, as it seems is Media Derangement Syndrome. Some reporters suck, some just want to get a quote so they get more viewers or Twitter followers. But just as how everything Trump says doesn't deserve a massive level of scrutiny, not every member of the media is running some evil leftist agenda to make Trump look dumb. Occasionally he does it all by himself and sometimes GAFs "bitch eating crackers" slant towards the media shows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
TFS is definitely real, as it seems is Media Derangement Syndrome. Some reporters suck, some just want to get a quote so they get more viewers or Twitter followers. But just as how everything Trump says doesn't deserve a massive level of scrutiny, not every member of the media is running some evil leftist agenda to make Trump look dumb. Occasionally he does it all by himself and sometimes GAFs "bitch eating crackers" slant towards the media shows.

Not going to disagree with this, but at the same time, I feel like your appraisal of this particular situation is wildly off base, especially if watched the entire press conference like many of us did. Just goes to show how people's perceptions of an event can differ wildly, I suppose.

desertdroog

Complains that I didn't watch the whole thing, posts a two minute cutdown. Mmkay.

You're right we aren't going to agree. I do find it rich that I'm the biased one here. I did watch the whole press conference. As well as every daily press conference in case you were hoping I only picked up whatever bias I got in my liberal Trump hating daily newsletter. I saw the entire interaction. If the media is so devious and conniving to set traps and bait Trump why does he keep falling for it?

I know GAF has a right swing which is why I tend to stay out of Pol usually. It's shit like this.

I posted the video of the specific quote you paraphrased, for clarity's sake. I can post the whole press conference if you like, however that would be ridiculous since you are relying upon a 2 minute back and forth to make your point. Zefah did post the earlier part that mine started from. So you have both videos that show the whole context, with that reporter.

But I see you have ignored that as well. Will see you next time you pop your head in politics and we can do this again.

Last edited:

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I posted the video of the specific quote you paraphrased, for clarity's sake. I can post the whole press conference if you like, however that would be ridiculous since you are relying upon a 2 minute back and forth to make your point. Zefah did post the earlier part that mine started from. So you have both videos that show the whole context, with that reporter.

But I see you have ignored that as well. Will see you next time you pop your head in politics and we can do this again.

I look forward to it. Now if we can get back to making fun of resetera users...

Tesseract

Banned

wat

UnNamed

Banned
Somebody please tell me why black resetera members believes they are a minority. Since Resetera is pretty much US centric (while Neogaf was always more variegated), according to wiki blacks are 40millions over 360millions, the second ethnic group after white caucasians.
When I think on minorities I think native americans, or chinese or koreans in Japan, or christians in muslim countries, not 1/7 of the population with lots of their representatives inside the government.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Somebody please tell me why black resetera members believes they are a minority. Since Resetera is pretty much US centric (while Neogaf was always more variegated), according to wiki blacks are 40millions over 360millions, the second ethnic group after white caucasians.
When I think on minorities I think native americans, or chinese or koreans in Japan, or christians in muslim countries, not 1/7 of the population with lots of their representatives inside the government.
Their staff are all minorities from all over the world such as the United States and maybe Canada(?).
They have a moderator who is Jewish [Poodlestrike] (not really a minority in itself) but is a minority in how he is okay with joking about the holocaust (he admitted he laughed when a poster wanted to vote for Zombie Hitler 2020), a self hating Jewish man (definite minority).
You have a trans-racial general manager B-Dubs who is a minority (if you count being white and using the N word freely).
You have Slayven who is a minority in that he can't spell for shit in a discussion board of people who can spell (I'm convinced he worked on Aliens Colonial Marines and his inability to spell tether caused that game to suck),
You have Nepenthe who is a minority in that as a black woman she is okay with racism if her boss says it.

They are just like the Justice League.......movie.

Last edited:

Ymir

LOL, sensibilities on reeeeera are hurt again after some of them got trump ads. Make sure you report them as inappropriate!!!!!

Also it's too scary to go food shopping anymore and they're running out of food...
jVJbr4z.png

FK7XPdx.png

False alarm, shopping is still the same as it's always been

EctNJtE.png

Last edited:

Preacher

Its cool that you have your own personal qualifier for what a minority is but youre wrong.

Blacks/African Americans are a minority in America. Them being the second largest racial group doesnt really change that fact when theyre 12 to 13 percent of the population.

It also depends on how you classify it but the best way to learn what these words mean is to just google them. If you disagree with those definitions, well thats fine. Its whatever

And that opinion is definitely not relegated to just black ResetEra members lol

Last edited:

nush

LOL, sensibilities on reeeeera are hurt again after some of them got trump ads. Make sure you report them as inappropriate!!!!!

Also it's too scary to go food shopping anymore and they're running out of food...
jVJbr4z.png

FK7XPdx.png

EctNJtE.png

Isn't this the same dude that posts about his job all the time?

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Resetera are Trump supporters? I suppose it makes sense as it's a discussion board that made it clear it is okay was people accused of rape. Like Trump, they try to talk down to people when a discussion is happening. Similarly, both Resetera and Trump make mountains out of every molehill. If anyone on ERA is married it is likely to a foreign bride like Trump. Trump probably had the same amount of sex in his lifetime as all the Reeeeeeeee posters there combined. The only difference is that while Trump has orange skin, these basement dwellers have pale skin due to lack of sunlight.

Sandyman

Neo Member

These are the only debates that won’t land people who disagree with the hive a ban.

just a reminder that there are three very popular threads about cereal tier lists.

fatty

jVJbr4z.png

FK7XPdx.png

EctNJtE.png

Anyone else reading this guy’s posts in Bobby Hill’s voice?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Some fantastic logic loops here I always love when people state they aren’t doing the exact thing the spend the rest of the post doing. Here we are ignoring the personal traumas of individuals in favor of the ongoing ambient trauma of Trump existing
Volimar
volunteer forum janitor

Today at 3:45 PM
Xaszatm said:
For the love of god it's not just about personal morals! Drill it into your head, people have trauma! Don't dismiss that! Don't bully that! Don't make them feel like shit because of a fucking trauma block!
People aren't dismissing trauma, they're discussing it. Trauma is happening every day under this presidency and efforts to remove the person inflicting that trauma aren't being dismissive of others. One person's trauma isn't more important than another's. The discussion of that is part of the point of this thread. We can acknowledge all trauma while trying to help where we can.
One person’s trauma isn’t more important than other. Your rape is literally on the same level as a person who is upset at the thought of Trump being president.

IMO Biden is going to cause a schism and Era will once again split in two.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Its cool that you have your own personal qualifier for what a minority is but youre wrong.

At first, I thought my initial reply "Minority is not used as a mathematical term" was good enogh.
But..

...now that I putting a more attention to that wiki page (english language), it actually refers to blacks and hispanic as "minority". According to another page related to it (Minority Group) there is a different approach, and some criticism and debate on the use and meaning of this word.
As I stated, blacks are a large group numerically and I assume they also have a good power in the society, but we would debate about this for a long time.

I believe there are social and cultural differences who slighty alter the sense and the meaning of some words in different countries.
Where I live, using "minority" for a good part of the population would be a huge stretch, but I reckon my country is not the entire world.

Ron Mexico

Sweet both sides.

Sweet empty commentary.

I’ll give this more of an explanation than it deserves, especially for this thread. I’m in finance in one of the highest property tax states in the nation. I’m a fiscal conservative both by career and by lifestyle. Haven’t voted down party lines in the 20+ years of opportunity. Era would think I’m a Nazi. The Bible Belt would likely think of me as a filthy liberal. So both sides? Could give a shit. Point stands.

But mostly, I miss sports these days as much as the next guy but rooting for a politician like it’s your favorite sports team isn’t the answer. It’s the same shit that we’ve spent pages dunking on. There’s a reason for that.

desertdroog

Sweet empty commentary.

I’ll give this more of an explanation than it deserves, especially for this thread. I’m in finance in one of the highest property tax states in the nation. I’m a fiscal conservative both by career and by lifestyle. Haven’t voted down party lines in the 20+ years of opportunity. Era would think I’m a Nazi. The Bible Belt would likely think of me as a filthy liberal. So both sides? Could give a shit. Point stands.

But mostly, I miss sports these days as much as the next guy but rooting for a politician like it’s your favorite sports team isn’t the answer. It’s the same shit that we’ve spent pages dunking on. There’s a reason for that.
I am not rooting for a side, I am pointing out the absurdity of talking about trump in a thread dedicated to a forum that is most certainly anti-trump.

No more, no less.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The exact question was: "what would you say to americans that are scared? Nearly 200 are dead, 14 thousand who are sick, millions as you've witnessed who are scared right now.. What do you say to americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"

How exactly was that "have you stopped beating your wife?" Elected leader of this country, people are terrified, can you say something to offer some guidance or positivity? Maybe something like "we'll get through this" or "your government is hard at work to protect you".

Thank you for proving my point that no matter what some people refuse to see that maybe, just maybe, Trump isn't very good at this sometimes. If I needed a stronger argument, you've provided me with one. I get that sometimes the media bends over backwards to try and dunk on Trump, he is sometimes treated unfairly which I don't care for. Not everything he does needs to be treated with scorn, but not everything he does needs to be rained down upon with blind praise.

But fuck off with this "a reporter asking him to address scared citizens was a gotcha."

If you go back to a minute before that exchange, Peter was attempting to put a negative spin on Trump's comments regarding hydroxychloroquine, as if it's irresponsible to be talking about it. Is it really? It already has studies that show some promise, but nothing clinically conclusive as of yet, and they're looking into it. That's what Trump said. That's what other people have said and that is an area of research that is actively being pursued. I don't see anything wrong with that. Peter trying to force Trump into admitting that he's being irresponsible for a soundbite isn't very good reporting.

So, from the beginning, Peter's "arguing in good faith" credibility level has taken a hit. Trump's also understandably irritated by this.

Then, we get to the part you cited where Peter asks a followup to what Trump should be telling Americans who are scared, and doesn't hesitate to emphasize the words "scared" and the amount dead. Now let's take a step back. . . what is the point of that question really? What should Trump be telling Americans? Um, isn't that what the point of a press conference is, and isn't that what Trump has been talking about for the last 20 minutes? It's a useless, redundant question. It doesn't deal with unknowns, or logistics, or anything substantial. It just asks Trump to repeat himself - but at least the reporter gets to frame his useless question in as scary a way as possible for no good reason. That's textbook sensationalism, and Trump called him out for it.

At the very least, removing any pro-Trump this and anti-Trump that, I think we could all agree that Peter's questions were, technically speaking, pretty useless. They were redundant, served no purpose, and didn't offer any avenue for clarity.

He as every right to do that, mind you, as is granted by the freedom of the press. But Trump knows the media spin game just as well as any WWE Hall of Famer should, and he also has every right to speak back, even if it ruffles some feathers. That's just the way he operates, and I can understand if you have a problem with that, but it's not obvious that he's being out of line.

But there is no one defending President Trump on Resetera. I am glad to see you are no longer attacking GAF users.

No need for hyperbole. That was observation and mild criticism. You don't always have to interpret everything that rustles your jimmies in the worst light possible.

desertdroog

No need for hyperbole. That was observation and mild criticism. You don't always have to interpret everything that rustles your jimmies in the worst light possible.
I gave back what was given. Unless you can point to specific posters on Resetera who are defending Trump whom are being clowned on that I missed, it isn't a stretch to imagine that TwoDurans was bitching about users on GAF. It wasn't rustling my jimmies, as much as it was clarifying how absurd it was to do so in a topic about Resetera.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I gave back what was given. Unless you can point to specific posters on Resetera who are defending Trump whom are being clowned on that I missed, it isn't a stretch to imagine that TwoDurans was bitching about users on GAF. It wasn't rustling my jimmies, as much as it was clarifying how absurd it was to do so in a topic about Resetera.
I'm not sure what nobody defending Trump on Reset has to do with anything. They either get banned or learn to shut up. Sometimes discussions take tangents in this thread, and this was just like any other. Nothing really unusual about it being this specific topic, either. On Reset one side gets banned. Here, both sides get to plead their cases, to varying degrees of success. I'm pretty sure you both agree about that.

desertdroog

I'm not sure what nobody defending Trump on Reset has to do with anything. They either get banned or learn to shut up. Sometimes discussions take tangents in this thread, and this was just like any other. Nothing really unusual about it being this specific topic, either. On Reset one side gets banned. Here, both sides get to plead their cases, to varying degrees of success. I'm pretty sure you both agree about that.
Well, there is a thread on politics discussing this very situation. So complaining about it in off topic in the Resetera thread deserved criticism.

Shall we go around once more?

600Breezy

>have old friends reached out to you during these troubling times?
>era: no

lmao this is what happens when you cut everyone off for being an -ist or -phobic 😂

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Good thing sera discovered Trumps secret plan to genocide all Latinos by providing the third most populated state in the country, with a 23% Hispanic population, with all the medical care they need.

Just ignore the 4+ million Hispanic residents of Florida, which is 5 times the number of Latinx that live in the entire country of Canada. It’s a red state. So those minorities don’t count.

Yes ignore all of that. It’s a “red state”. So the extra money going to help one of the states w the highest Hispanic populations instead of white as fuck (but blue!) Massachusetts is actually part of a secret plan to KILL THEM OFF.

This instance of TDS requires one to be mad that Trump is giving more aid to the state with 5 times the number of Latinx residents. The actual facts of demographic makeup need to be ignored so that we can cuddle these perpetual victims.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Trump doing the right thing has Reetards banging their head on the table
The Chosen One
Today at 7:23 AM
This is getting really annoying.

Trump says something absolutely ridiculous. Like he's going to open up the country and pack churches by Easter in the middle of a pandemic.

Then a week later, he backtracks and basically states the obvious that the country has to stay on lockdown for at least another month.

The media praises Trump for being somber and listening to the scientists.

*bangs head on table*

The bar is set so low for Trump that he basically gets credit when he doesn't wet his pants.
Yes what a shame that he did the right thing that you wanted him to do. Must be very frustrating

Last edited:

Ymir

Trump doing the right thing has Reetards banging their head on the table

Yes what a shame that he did the right thing that you wanted him to do. Must be very frustrating
How will all the people they want dead actually die if the situation is handled correctly? Also amusing that say Trump was that dumb and made a mistake, you're saying it's better than he continues to do something stupid so you can call him stupid rather than actually trying to save lives. But they're the ones who truly care about other people.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Apologises in advance for my rant. There is no humour in the following, it's something that's pissed me off for a while.

As a European, my politics would naturally be closer to Democratic party than the Republican party. In that Europeans are more liberal than the Democratic party regarding people's rights and support mechanisms.

However this Republicans don't care about the poor shit needs to shut up. The Democrats had a chance to care about the poor and instead of voting Bernie Sanders (same in 2016 when the party cut the legs off his campaign so Hillary could run) they voted for Joe Biden who is knee deep in rape allegations. Those hypocrits bitch about the Republicans but the treatment of those on the bottom rung didn't improve when there was a Democratic President. The US concentration camps returned under a Demoractic President yet Trump continuing it is worse? The torture camps in Cuba under Dubya was bad, but Obama continuing it was A-okay. Now the lack of shame and self awareness has changed to... I'll vote Biden as he committed less sexual abuse than the other guy. The fuck is that? Believe women, but not her as it hurts our agenda.

Trump and the Republicans suck, but guess what so do the Democrats. Own up to your shit and clean up your party before throwing stones.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
This furry really has had a boner for going into threads to scream about police killing people
Asd1deS.png

EhTEsC2.png
OMG they would fucking love this and eat it up if this happened. They will use any excuse to spout their hatred of cops. Despite many of them being minorities or lgbt whom they claim to "protect"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom