• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandyman

Neo Member
SugarNoodles, I wonder what he's been up to since he managed to slip yet another ban that would have permed anyone else even when he's a massive asshole?

* Checks*

we6Zz47.png

Ah yes, pointing out a trans woman wrongthink or is it CISplaining or mansplaining?. Still not enough to get him a perm. Nine Consonants will be off crying about that somewhere.
So tell me, what the fuck is concern trolling? That sounds like the most sjw, pathetically sensitive term I’ve ever heard.

nush

So tell me, what the fuck is concern trolling? That sounds like the most sjw, pathetically sensitive term I’ve ever heard.

That's been discussed here before, I think it means pretending to care about an issue just to shut someone up.

"Hey, you're getting kinda angry. Maybe you should take a break from the keyboard and book some time with a psychologist"

Somebody else here had a different but equally valid definition. But when it comes to any ban messages on Resetera obfuscating bollocks that could be replaced by Banned: Wrongthink.

Sandyman

Neo Member
That's been discussed here before, I think it means pretending to care about an issue just to shut someone up.

"Hey, you're getting kinda angry. Maybe you should take a break from the keyboard and book some time with a psychologist"

Somebody else here had a different but equally valid definition. But when it comes to any ban messages on Resetera obfuscating bollocks that could be replaced by Banned: Wrongthink.
So what’s the troll...? I don’t get legitimately angry at internet people so I wouldn’t know. Is it like saying “lol u mad? Why don’t you take a chill pill?”

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think concern trolling is more like "I think all those gay guys are really brave holding a parade but this is a rough neighborhood so they probably should not do it here because I'm worried for their safety"

Ie you are trying to shut something down under the guise that you are really looking out for their best interests.

Anyway, like 'dog whistle' it is a term you can smear someone with and it is hard, if not impossible, to refute.

600Breezy

TIL on Era, there is acceptable circumstances for Era Members when a man can sexually assault a woman. You are willing to give him the highest office in the land!

How progressive of you Era!

I believe republicans believe Trump didn't sexually assault anyone. Whether they are factually right or wrong, I believe the people whom support him believes he didn't do it and (for some fucking reason) they really like him. That's how they can support him and sleep well at nights. They are actually voting for him.

Era pretty much believes, without due process proving it, Biden did assault this woman AND they are still willing to support him.

Again... they believe wholeheartedly Biden did this... AND they are totes alright voting for it.

So what's worse? Supporting a candidate you believe is innocent of the allegations or...... supporting the person you do believe is guilty of the allegations for but is the lesser evil. Neither is proven in court.

But that's the rub. They can't cast doubt on the victim or believe in innocence until proven guilty. They sandbagged themselves too much into the believe all victims no matter 100% of the time without the legal process. So.... now they have to believe he did these horrible things and fucking vote for his ass. They have to openly endorse what they believe is evil because they painted themselves into a logical and ethical corner.

Wow.

Just fucking wow.

For the lurkers: If you really are this much of a progressive, the rational, just, and consistent thing to do is abstain from voting. Vote for all the D's you want other than him. But if you actually believe in your heart of hearts that Biden is guilty of such a heinous act, you are a fucking monster to then give him power.

didnt retardera scream bloody murder for Kavanaughs selection into SCOTUS? Isn’t the Biden scenario 100% exactly the same?

just goes to show you they don’t believe in their own convictions. They mentally ill outcasts sitting behind a screen. These types have always been there, it’s just that the internet + Twitter wasn’t a thing back then.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
didnt retardera scream bloody murder for Kavanaughs selection into SCOTUS? Isn’t the Biden scenario 100% exactly the same?

just goes to show you they don’t believe in their own convictions. They mentally ill outcasts sitting behind a screen. These types have always been there, it’s just that the internet + Twitter wasn’t a thing back then.

pathetic groups finding each other online is one of the biggest flaws on the internet.

why these dudes decided to make it a place where they just ban each other all day I dont know.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Apparently Americans hate other Americans because we’re all secretly racist and want to bring back slavery.
xzr8xrz.jpg

Sandyman

Neo Member
Apparently Americans hate other Americans because we’re all secretly racist and want to bring back slavery.
xzr8xrz.jpg
Oh a name referencing a fetish.

In the trash it goes.

Also I think he just wanted an excuse to say the most forbidden word.

Ionian

Oh a name referencing a fetish.

In the trash it goes.

Also I think he just wanted an excuse to say the most forbidden word.

First thing I thought of. Is this Enzom21's new account?

Remember Neph banned someone for pointing out he was white and classed it as a conspiracy theory, when he had flat out said he was white on this very website.

I guess Enzom21 was conspiring against himself as an idiot white person pretending to be black just so he could say the word as much as he wanted without any repercussions.

EDIT:

rZS53CA.jpg

Some pretty odd comments there the banbot picked up.

Last edited:

Sandyman

Neo Member
First thing I thought of. Is this Enzom21's new account?

Remember Neph banned someone for pointing out he was white and classed it as a conspiracy theory, when he had flat out said he was white on this very website.

I guess Enzom21 was conspiring against himself as an idiot white person pretending to be black just so he could say the word as much as he wanted without any repercussions.
It would be the perfect plan, and it would be entertaining. So this is the reality that I believe to be true.

UncleMeat

xzr8xrz.jpg

These are definitely their favorite types of threads. Pretending to be smart while shitting on America and calling people racist - how could any upstanding reeite pass that up?

Last edited:
xzr8xrz.jpg
He should probably be more concerned with capitalisation.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
xzr8xrz.jpg

This seems like a look into his own desires really.

nush

why these dudes decided to make it a place where they just ban each other all day I dont know.
because it's without a doubt the most entertaining website to look at, like watching a bunch of chimps throw shit at each other at a zoo. Then if you're feeling spicy you can put on your own chimp suit and join in just reporting people and getting them banned, the greatest meta game of all time.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Yeah holy shit this is a new level of tds

This asshole actually talking to a Zimbabwe citizen who has seen people tortured and killed, thinks actual genocide is better than Trump.

Nazis are murdering people in broad daylight? Wow got any proof of that? It’s an amazing claim to make, backed up by absolutely jack shit.

Oh wait he sent broken ventilators, of course what more evidence do you need? JUST LIKE HItLER

on top of that genocidal act of not sending enough respirators he “retains no concept of his people”, you know, whatever the flipping fuck that even means

also this idiot is complaining that Trump sent more aid TO THE STATE WITH HIGh HISPANIC POPULATION. The very state you are complaining about - Florida! I guess this is part of his plan to genocide all Hispanics, by giving Florida, the third most populated state in the country, a bunch of aid. 20% of Floridians actually speak Spanish. Sp Trump is committing genocide because he sent tons of aid to one of the biggest states w a 20% Spanish speaking population. You can’t make this incoherent idiocy up.

truly these hateful people live in a retarded prison of their own design. Imagine ignoring real victims of genocide so you can spread this TDS bullshit

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This seems like a look into his own desires really.
Yes another clueless Canadian living in one of the whitest countries in the Western Hemisphere and wondering why we have so many problems and American exceptionalism is horrible (just don’t ask him to interrogate his own personal nationalist superiority) all while pretending his own country with its Blackface PM has no problems at all!

Canada is a safe space of its own, they have a whole country buffering immigration to the south, and nobody but white people want to live in the cold.

People like this just need to admit the real reason they think they are superior is the demographics. Canada has 0.6% Hispanic population vs the US which has 16.7% and 10x the people. Why are you Canadians so white and so in love with being that way?

Last edited:

Ymir

Let me guess, if you disagree with this point you'll likely catch a 1 month+ ban for marginalizing minorities for something right?

I also love how they continually shit on other people's experiences. The other poster literally lived under Mugabe and had to escape but some angry nerd on a "video game" forum is trying to tell him he was lucky watching his friends and family being brutally murdered because at least Mugabe didn't send a state in your country a small amount of broken ventilators... Truly Funkbrotherdee has never felt real oppression like the REEEs do every day.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
That can be my something learned for today.

As a rational non-US citizen I only have a moderate interest in Trump, rather than making a thread for every tweet he makes or dumb fucking thing that comes out of his mouth.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
“I can’t claim to truly know, BUT” is an instant-ban catchphrase in any other circumstance on Era. You’re not going to get away with it in any discussion regarding race, gender or women. But yeah, if it’s against Trump it’s allowed.

Fucking hypocrites. And they pretend that “hate sites” have it against them. Gee, I wonder why.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Won't argue that ree has a baaad case of TDS and Bitch Eating Crackers Syndrome when it comes to Trump, but what's the opposite of TDS? Where someone has to snap to the defense of Trump even when a reasonable person admit know he's gone tilt? I see that a lot on GAF.

For example, the allie oop question of "what would you say to Americans that are scared" which was a perfect setup to say something Presidential and damned near create a 30 second campaign ad and his response was "you're a shitty reporter".

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Won't argue that ree has a baaad case of TDS and Bitch Eating Crackers Syndrome when it comes to Trump, but what's the opposite of TDS? Where someone has to snap to the defense of Trump even when a reasonable person admit know he's gone tilt? I see that a lot on GAF.

For example, the allie oop question of "what would you say to Americans that are scared" which was a perfect setup to say something Presidential and damned near create a 30 second campaign ad and his response was "you're a shitty reporter".
TFS, Trump Fellatio Syndrome. There are quite a number of folks suffering from it on this forum. Everything Trump does can be explained away somehow, someway. President says coronavirus is overblown? Quick everyone, the message of the day has been delivered, parrot that talking point over and over!

Honestly it’s hard to find a balance anywhere. Think Trump made the right call to shut the border to China due to coronavirus? You’re a right wing Nazi according to Resetera. Think Trump is mishandling the epidemic by not locking down regions sooner? You have TDS according to poligaf.

600Breezy

>frequents a website built, run and maintained by pedos
>calls out....bobby kotick... for being a pedo
>must be true cause a vid on YouTube said so
>🤔

TwoDurans

>🤔

Fucking ree. Accuses someone of pedo with a youtube video and no other information. Not even a ban or warning, just closing the thread because their source wasn't good enough.

nush

>🤔
Clintons travelled on the Lolita Express multiple times.

Ionian

IS this the same dude that was on here?

EDIT: can't seem to upload a screenshot but here is the first link a Google search gave.

If he is, what in a flying fuck is he doing being in-charge of doctors and nurses. He had a bleeding asshole.

Last edited:

desertdroog

The problem with that reporter is that he didn't ask a question for a soundbite to help the President offer hope in this crisis. He asked a 'Declarative' question, in the hopes to pin a bad sound bite with a fallacy.

It was akin to 'Have you stopped beating your wife' and it is something the press loves to do with President Trump.

You need a stronger argument to push then 'hurr durr Trump defenders do it too with TDS'. It's bullshit and you know it.

TwoDurans

The problem with that reporter is that he didn't ask a question for a soundbite to help the President offer hope in this crisis. He asked a 'Declarative' question, in the hopes to pin a bad sound bite with a fallacy.

It was akin to 'Have you stopped beating your wife' and it is something the press loves to do with President Trump.

You need a stronger argument to push then 'hurr durr Trump defenders do it too with TDS'. It's bullshit and you know it.

The exact question was: "what would you say to americans that are scared? Nearly 200 are dead, 14 thousand who are sick, millions as you've witnessed who are scared right now.. What do you say to americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"

How exactly was that "have you stopped beating your wife?" Elected leader of this country, people are terrified, can you say something to offer some guidance or positivity? Maybe something like "we'll get through this" or "your government is hard at work to protect you".

Thank you for proving my point that no matter what some people refuse to see that maybe, just maybe, Trump isn't very good at this sometimes. If I needed a stronger argument, you've provided me with one. I get that sometimes the media bends over backwards to try and dunk on Trump, he is sometimes treated unfairly which I don't care for. Not everything he does needs to be treated with scorn, but not everything he does needs to be rained down upon with blind praise.

But fuck off with this "a reporter asking him to address scared citizens was a gotcha."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Just wondering if you saw the lead up to that question? The reporter was being an incessant asshat trying to get a gotcha.

Now, I agree that Trump should have used that moment to say something presidential, but it's not like that was just some innocent question that came out of the blue.

I mean, look at this fucking asshole:

Basically lecturing Trump on expressing hope for the potential of an untested drug as a treatment for COVID-19 and he has the nerve to then ask him for a message to scared Americans? It's ridiculous. He just accused him of trying to put a positive spin on things to give Americans a false sense of hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom