• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymir

they're coming for you, Howie

Wait... the worlds biggest shock jock has a history of being... shocking?!!!

giphy.gif
Wait wait wait, you’re telling me a shock jock did shocking things for attention when that was the popular thing? NO WAY

teezzy

Banned
That video they're talking about is hilarious by the way and so obviously satirical in just how overtly racist it is. Stern is mocking racism.

Hes making fun of the Ted Danson/Whoopi Goldberg debacle.

That's fucking Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson) in the wig as Whoopi. Funniest part of the sketch is Jackie dying laughing in the background.

Context no longer matters ever anymore.

2x83yfuiqq451.jpg

I'm obsessed with Stern to the point where I can be hypercritical of him. Own all his books have spent hours absorbing his content. This is not a "got ya" moment, you reeeejects. I have no qualms pouncing when deserved. Bababooey bababooey fafafooey fafafooey tatatoothy

Ymir

What’s crazy about this is so many of the regular posters are old as fuck (late 30s or 40s) and all this stuff comes as an absolute shock to them. You’re not a bunch of gen z kids, you literally grew up when all this was on broadcast TV. What hole did you have to be living in to not know about this? Feisty boots said they were 45, ksweeley has to be late 30s and they all clutch their pearls about things that happened 20-30 years ago on broadcast TV.

They were complaining about blackface in one of the episodes so I’m sure it won’t be long...
They've already removed the episode "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth" from UK Netflix, plus a bunch of classic comedies such as League of Gentlemen from BBC iPlayer. I don't think people understand context any longer. I even think Mighty Boosh got canned too and a whole load of Chris Lilley's shows.

Societal pressure is insanely good at removing things without understanding the context behind it.

Ymir

They've already removed the episode "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth" from UK Netflix, plus a bunch of classic comedies such as League of Gentlemen from BBC iPlayer. I don't think people understand context any longer. I even think Mighty Boosh got canned too and a whole load of Chris Lilley's shows.

Societal pressure is insanely good at removing things without understanding the context behind it.
It’s all the people wanting to be told on Twitter what to believe. Everything is three second snippets taken completely out to make some imaginary point.

Ionian

Heard about the Fawlty Towers episode but heard again they reinstated it. League of gentleman, what? It's so obviously satire.

The only result that is going to happen is a massive swing back of the pendulum in the opposite direction.

It's beyond moronic.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
how come they aint cancelled The Watchmen reboot and are celebrating it? the whole thing is about Good Cops. lol the main character is a police woman. in fact aren't almost all the characters cops?

oh wait, it's woke, so i guess those cops can keep their jobs. ACAB i guess unless it's about glorifying fictional comic book police who dress up in cool costumes, because that's ideologically consistent (???)

Last edited:

YukiOnna

It's a bit sad that I expected the first set of replies to be admitting that they agree with him and he shouldn't shower.

Ymir

Nothing could be less surprising than the fact that they can't keep up with basic personal hygiene.

LOL it even gets the Taysan seal of approval

Taysan said:
You do you, just don't spread any awful diseases. If you can just stay home that would be great.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Shit like this does my head in;

"but why they arrest her though? It's because she was black"

Yeh, not the million opportunities he gave her to to cooperate and her incessant refusal to do so, then plays the race card.

It would of been a quick stop. Checking her details, giving her a producer and off she went.

It's unclear if the copper was part of the road policing unit, but if it was he could of tested the light going through her front windows, saw it was legal factory tinted glass, apologised and off she went. Or she could of asked for one of them to come down.

You don't even get searched when your pulled over for something like that either, so her immediately saying they're not touching her only a woman can will of set alarm bells off.

It's not a case of her being black either, when I was pulled over for having illegal headlights a few years ago, they would of knicked me if I went on like that.

DeaDPo0L84

Resetera is a fucking cesspool of dumb fucks who both mentally and probably physically among some give circle jerks all day so they can all nut on the same CNN article and smear their cum in each others faces. I have never seen a community be so fucking blind, hateful, and racist and yet try and push the very agenda they say they are against. I just look at it as if it's the Seattle autonomous zone but for the internet, all those fucking idiots corralled in one area so they can't spread and infect other forums, specifically this one.

Blam

Sorta insane how poorly their site has run. Lol I've tried to look at each of these posts when they come up but their site legit takes 30 seconds to load.

LarknThe4th

I saw that, and its fucking disgusting

It's funny when he says his frineds dont notice, eh dude they do, they really do

What leads someone to this insanity??

Blam

Looks like a few of the people in this thread are low key supporting loli vn's on steam funny enough one already banned in this thread.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this dude straight dumped his mom's angry texts for the mob to take apart. of course The Cult is advising him SHE IS A LOST CAUSE CUT OFF YOUR PARENTS WE ARE YOUR FAMILY NOW

i mean, informing on family members. CULT BEHAVIOR NUMBER ONE.

Last edited:

Blam

Wtf did they just banned a dude for saying something positive about Kingdom Come Deliverance? What kind of a gaming forum is that. Pure insanity.
Just a bait post actually it's most likely an alt with almost all of these accounts like that being made in Oct 2017. And like very few posts.

Ionian

Looks like a few of the people in this thread are low key supporting loli vn's on steam funny enough one already banned in this thread.

Looks like Squareheads time to shine!

skneogaf

They banned me the other day for saying I don't care if other people or companies like posts or tweets by people that I don't agree with.

It was because there were some going nuts that someone on the ign twitter account had liked a Donald trump tweet about postal votes not being tamper proof.

I said I didn't care about such things and that some of them seemed to think that Donald trump is as bad as Adolf Hitler.

They went nuts at me saying I was trolling and didn't allow me to explain that I'm not American nor do I know of things trump may have done outside of the news sites i use.

I'm sure he's worse than what I know which as I said is limited but as bad as Hitler?

I am glad that they banned me as I would not want to be a part of such an echo chamber as its not healthy.

I logged out and re checked the post and it looked like lots of people were getting banned for not understanding the upset about ign probably liking the tweet either by accident or it being one member of staff in i assume at least 50.

I feel like I'm more open minded than the people going mad at me as I would never judge a person fully by the things they like or dislike.

I only used to have a nosey at resetera incase there were a subject about a game that wasn't on here or not as active on here.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
No sane person should post on that forum anyway. The only reason I did because back then Gaf was woke as fuck too. And funnily enough it was kinda the point to have a forum better than old GAF. But it turned out 10000000000 times worse than old GAF ever was.

Last edited:
lol at ERA thinking Andrew Gillum lost the Florida Governor's election because he was black. Dude was on track to win, was bribed with Hamilton tickets and under federal investigation, lost and then found passed out in a hotel room with hookers and meth.

raduque

this dude straight dumped his mom's angry texts for the mob to take apart. of course The Cult is advising him SHE IS A LOST CAUSE CUT OFF YOUR PARENTS WE ARE YOUR FAMILY NOW

i mean, informing on family members. CULT BEHAVIOR NUMBER ONE.

Thing is... she ain't wrong. Some in the North owned slaves during the war, the war was about states rights (which yes included slavery), and African tribes were selling slaves.

JordanN

Banned
"I LOVE POOPING"

crFnElg.png

:messenger_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom