• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saruhashi

Banned
It would of been a quick stop. Checking her details, giving her a producer and off she went.

It's unclear if the copper was part of the road policing unit, but if it was he could of tested the light going through her front windows, saw it was legal factory tinted glass, apologised and off she went. Or she could of asked for one of them to come down.

You don't even get searched when your pulled over for something like that either, so her immediately saying they're not touching her only a woman can will of set alarm bells off.

It's not a case of her being black either, when I was pulled over for having illegal headlights a few years ago, they would of knicked me if I went on like that.

Yeah, the cop seemed actually very polite and reasonable but she saw an opportunity to potentially go viral, I guess.
I dunno.

Surely to fuck when she got that windscreen in the car she would have been told about potentially needing to have papers and/or an explanation ready to go?

Cops are going to take a glance at that and be like "WTF".

So you've got a cop seeing a car with tinted windscreen who decides to investigate. Then the occupant of the car starts acting sketchy as fuck IMMEDIATELY? OK.

nush

Gold Member
H3rXHIA.png

Day drinking or Slayvens alt?

Saruhashi

Banned
Thread:

Allowed behavior:
Z1omaGB.jpg

3-day ban:
dz7yc6N.jpg

Place is fucking trash.

The thing about Daniel Vavra is that is evil, villainous, character is almost entirely their own creation.

They are worked up into a frenzy over a guy who's supposed "wrongs" are made up by them anyway.

Reading up on the dude there is very little out there to suggest that he's ever done anything that bad.
So maybe it's all "dogwhistles" or something.

It would be easy enough for them to just let discussion about the game fizzle out.
Nope, they need to construct this sinister and evil strawman to beat on.

I also really don’t like the precedent it’ll set that the main character can get skipped over in Smash representation but I can’t ignore that the possibility of real-life representation is more important than video game representation

let the people have twintelle, I say

Omfg! It's a VIDEO GAME. Games are not meant to be representative nor educational unless the developer goes out of his way to make it so. But the majority of games exist for one reason only: Entertainment.

So no, choosing a certain fighter for Smash Bros because of your BLM thing is *not* "more important".

I'm so sick of these authoritarian left fascists that are so keen on killing creative freedom. Books are banned or re-written, movies are taken off streaming services or censored (see Toy Story 2 or 3), and now they want to FORCE games to be "representative" media. They're not and neither would gamers at large want that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Omfg! It's a VIDEO GAME. Games are not meant to be representative nor educational unless the developer goes out of his way to make it so. But the majority of games exist for one reason only: Entertainment.

So no, choosing a certain fighter for Smash Bros because of your BLM thing is *not* "more important".

I'm so sick of these authoritarian left fascists that are so keen on killing creative freedom. Books are banned or re-written, movies are taken off streaming services or censored (see Toy Story 2 or 3), and now they want to FORCE games to be "representative" media. They're not and neither would gamers at large want that.

Do they even like games or do they just like checking off representation boxes in media? It really comes across like diversity and representation is the very first thing they check for when some entertainment product comes out.

Are we wanting games or are we wanting college pamphlets?

NeilH1982

Banned
Best part about it is they w
Do they even like games or do they just like checking off representation boxes in media? It really comes across like diversity and representation is the very first thing they check for when some entertainment product comes out.

Are we wanting games or are we wanting college pamphlets?

They don't give a shit about anything but their agenda, hence complaining about racial diversity in a historically accurate game.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Lol and these people think Christians are crazy

Stargender is a term that has at least three possible definitions.

1) A xenogender in which one's gender is or is like a star. Subgenders for this definition can also exist, for example, one's gender might be specifically a blue star, therefore being an O-stargender or B-stargender. Other terms might include A-stargender, F-stargender or G-stargender for other types of stars. In addition, a stargender person might identify as a binary or multiple star system.

holy shit this gender has 3 sub definitions which themselves can also have subgenders

I think at some point these people just need to realize their real purpose in life is to write legal copy for corporations

Last edited:

Ymir

holy shit this gender has 3 sub definitions which themselves can also have subgenders

I think at some point these people just need to realize their real purpose in life is to write legal copy for corporations
Haha they locked it, so much for them being progressive on new genders

From the moderator that closed the thread:
This isn't a thing so we shouldn't entertain any discussions regarding it lest it take attention away from or belittle the experiences of trans and non-binary people.

Nothing better than a nice dose of hypocrisy. If only these authoritarians realized that, just like how they make fun about these genders because they don't take it seriously, normal people think about them. How do they expect to bring about meaningful change when they themselves are hateful and discriminatory towards people who have yet again differing ideas?

Phonies.

Ribi

Thousands of people are trying to tear down a collective group of peoples work out of hate. I just don't understand it. There are real people that worked and contributed to make TLOU Pt 2 and a collection of assholes on the internet want to be part of dumping on it.

For the record, I'm not so much mad that the game is being review bombed, more that there is actually a collective group of people that suck ass this much that they just want to shit on something because its "too sjw" and group up for something for the explicit purpose of spreading hate.

wait a minute......

Ymir

wait a minute......
Lol, they are all onboard for review bombing when it's in the name of "justice" but are crying babies when it happens to a game they like. Also I thought druckmann was being cancelled by Resetera for being a nazi or something? Shouldn't they be cheering these brave patriots?

wait a minute......
L A M O

The "right" game shouldn't be review bombed but if a game is "wrong" like Kingdom Come: Deliverance it must be erased from the face of the Earth!

Turns out that if you live by the sword, you also die by the sword. Imagine that.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
They hate Imperialism and Colonialism and yet Cultural Bigotry is one of their favorites things. They love to dehumanise and attack those with “savage” tastes who “lack culture”.

They would have made good Conquistadors.

Last edited:

eot

Banned

How the fuck can your identity be "my identity cannot be understood by humans"?

Dynheart04

Neo Member

How? I..I don't even....

To be the fly on the wall when this shit materializes would be something else that's for certain.

Ymir

The woke police question whether dog names can be problematic

Also Royalan is back? BCT got their demand met? Are they the new overlords?

Last edited:
The woke police question whether dog names can be problematic

Also Royalan is back? BCT got their demand met? Are they the new overlords?
I hope they don't find out about 617 squadrons ('the dambusters') dog!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
there is a thread where Hillary stans try to defend her amidst new polling evidence showing she still has higher unfavorables than Trump

FHEMD0g.png

lol @ i pity the poor broke brain of the Hillary stan who organized this fantasy debate

TDS is a chronic condition

Ymir

there is a thread where Hillary stans try to defend her amidst new polling evidence showing she still has higher unfavorables than Trump

FHEMD0g.png

lol @ i pity the poor broke brain of the Hillary stan who organized this fantasy debate

TDS is a chronic condition
Why do they all talk like a buzzfeed article? Even Ksweeley talks like that. "Even the experimenters were shocked by their discovery!!!!!!"

dottme

it‘s time to confirm if Resetera is mainly white people hating themselves.

I need to sad-rant before going to bed, because this is so frustrating:

So these people have a thread asking about their skin color and group association and such. Eventually, someone says he's Italian, but doesn't feel white, to which some crazy replies "you're white and therefore you are privileged!"

Do these assholes really not understand their toxic "group think"? EVERYBODY must be part of a wider group. No individuals exist. You are white, therefore ...!

This dismisses the hundreds of millions of white people that live in misery. Go walk up to them and tell them how they're "privileged". *sigh*

It's almost like no matter your skin color, depending on dynamic circumstances you will still have a shitty life or a great life. Does black skin color possibly add a point to your life's overall difficculty? Sure. But life isn't a computer program that recognizes all traits objectively and spits out the same result every single time. Life is full of a myriad of variables and no matter what your starting properties are, it's meaningless in the face of actual life. It's an even more toxic claim when you talk about dominantly white countries like Germany, Austria or even more extrem eastern Europe. Pls fucking go to Romania and tell these people they're privileged. Be careful not to stay over night there, though, because you might not find a proper toilet or clean water or a nice meal.

PEOPLE AREN'T GROUPS. PEOPLE ARE INDIVIDUALS.

Get this in your fucking mind, you hateful authoritarian left fascists.

Good night.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I sat back and stopped posting, just reading, and I think the biggest problem with Ree is that their admins and mods are basically poor uneducated people. ,Nothing wrong with being poor, it happens, but their entire moderation team are stupid poor people with an ax to grind.

Anyway, the site seems to be dying. So whatever. It's even a bad time to try an discuss games, because some mod comes along and complains because someone used wrong word X while wrong thinking Y. And I say this as a very liberal person. Maybe I'll gun for a grand permaban or something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Since I’ve bailed ship, is there a way to get NESBOT to work for GAF as well??

Ron Mexico

I sat back and stopped posting, just reading, and I think the biggest problem with Ree is that their admins and mods are basically poor uneducated people. ,Nothing wrong with being poor, it happens, but their entire moderation team are stupid poor people with an ax to grind.

Anyway, the site seems to be dying. So whatever. It's even a bad time to try an discuss games, because some mod comes along and complains because someone used wrong word X while wrong thinking Y. And I say this as a very liberal person. Maybe I'll gun for a grand permaban or something.

Was never banned, warned or anything. Just sent them a request saying I no longer wished to be associated. Took them a few days (likely to verify I posted here) and that did the trick.

The whole site is founded on the idea that all that anger could be profitable. The LLC was established in no time flat, the owner dips out to the background quickly and collects the (now depreciating) revenue generated by a floating target of anger.

Negativity gets clicks. It’s the whole concept of how you may only tell a few people of good service you’ve received but will tell the world about shitty service.

The flaw in their plan to turn that negativity into revenue is that when you have to keep looking for things to be pissed off about to drive activity, eventually you’re going to start turning on each other. Hence the in-fighting so affectionately known as the oppression Olympics.

There needs to be grievances to keep the lights on. Anything resembling solidarity is just bad for business. I know it’s been said before that a Trump re-election would tear them apart. I think just the opposite— that may be the only thing to generate enough anger to keep those checks rolling in.

nush

Gold Member
Anything resembling solidarity is just bad for business. I know it’s been said before that a Trump re-election would tear them apart. I think just the opposite— that may be the only thing to generate enough anger to keep those checks rolling in.
It's combined BLM protests and PS5 reveal dead cat bounce is impressive though.

vbCPPxc.png

Shaqazooloo

"I LOVE POOPING"

crFnElg.png

:messenger_confused:
To be fair, that's not much different from the poop threads that we used to get on GAF...

Jezbollah

It's combined BLM protests and PS5 reveal dead cat bounce is impressive though.

vbCPPxc.png

Well, I think that's a pretty good indication of where the snowflake demographic comes from. Does make me feel a bit ashamed to be British though.

EDIT: That Rogan thread is funny. No one's cancelling Uncle Joey. That story is also one of his tamer ones.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Didn't anyone tell them everything before 2017 is okay? The B-Dubs defence is an accepted form of excuse as explained by ERA in March 2020. What changed, and if it has will they get the pitchforks out for the racist, trans hating general manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom