• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luffie

Is Neogaf & ResetEra the most crowded forum nowadays? Seems like there's not a lot of place that has members as much as Era.

p2k18nD.png

This is just bizarre LOL wtf.

Things like this require a cringe or gag reaction emoji. EviLore EviLore , can we get one?

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can implement one for off topic and politics too if there’s sufficient interest. Mind you, most people don’t know about our twitter presence at all.
I mean it’s literally my way (and only way) of gathering information when I wake up in the morning. Nothing like sitting down with breakfast and having two users (Gaming and OT bot) summarize what happened during the 10 hours I was gone :lol

I’d personally LOVE it, but I have no idea if I’m the only one.

Ymir

p2k18nD.png

Imagine jerking yourself off as a hero when you're too big of a pussy to say how you feel and instead say "you can if you want" and think that you clued him in that you WOULD be upset. What a spineless shit, also it's your dad's house not yours. He tries to be a decent person and ask you and you can't even handle giving a straight answer.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
p2k18nD.png

"My dad wanted to watch a TV channel I don't enjoy. Even though it's his own house, he went to his bedroom to watch it without bothering me. Can you BELIEVE the GALL of this bigot!?"

entremet

One of the replies

Xyg28A6.jpg

Are all teachers labeled rapists when one of their own is charged with raping a student. Nope
Bro, I post here. @ me. What's with this?

It's cowardly.

But to answer your question. Who cares what cops are called. Professionalism dictates that you do your job. Did medical workers walk out en masse when they were using garbage bags as PPE? No, they're professionals.

Cops are vastly supported politically. What are they crying about? Some protestors saying some bad words? Come the fuck on.

Additionally, cop unions block the type of accountability and transparency that would help them reclaim their reputations as a force.

Cop unions don't think strategically or long term. They can easily reform, but they don't. They're amongst the biggest crybabies of the public sector workforce.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

It's cowardly.

But to answer your question. Who cares what cops are called. Professionalism dictates that you do your job. Did medical workers walk out en masse when they were using garbage bags as PPE? No, they're professionals.

Cops are vastly supported politically. What are they crying about? Some protestors saying some bad words? Come the fuck on.

Additionally, cop unions block the type of accountability and transparency that would help them reclaim their reputations as a force.

Cop unions don't think strategically or long term. They can easily reform, but they don't. They're amongst the biggest crybabies of the public sector workforce.

While I agree that there is a lot of room for reform in regards to accountability and transparency and police unions would be smart to proactively embrace such reform to garner good will with society, I think your comparisons to medical workers and teachers are, quite frankly, kind of insane.

A cop is being charged with a felony for doing his job and justifiably defending himself from a violent criminal. Professionalism may dictate that you do your job, but if your fellow officers are at risk of going to prison for life for "doing their job" then it would be idiotic to just keep on going out in the field and risking your life as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This was a sad listen. This is the podcast SJWs went against and attacked Mike Nelson and Rifftraxfor being on. He’s quit the podcast for good. Ethan is giving an update here and says to not blame Mike or be mad at him, be mad at the mob who pushed him away.

entremet

While I agree that there is a lot of room for reform in regards to accountability and transparency and police unions would be smart to proactively embrace such reform to garner good will with society, I think your comparisons to medical workers and teachers are, quite frankly, kind of insane.

A cop is being charged with a felony for doing his job and justifiably defending himself from a violent criminal. Professionalism may dictate that you do your job, but if your fellow officers are at risk of going to prison for life for "doing their job" then it would be idiotic to just keep on going out in the field and risking your life as normal.
If you're talking about the Atlanta incident, it's clear that lethal force was not warranted, if so, why was he charged. SCOTUS already ruled that you can't shoot fleeing suspects.

The suspect had a tazer, but the tazer was not comparable to another gun.

I'm not a lawyer, but I was surprised at the felony murder charge. I thought it would be manslaughter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If you're talking about the Atlanta incident, it's clear that lethal force was not warranted, if so, why was he charged.

Having watched the full video of the incident, I strongly disagree. I believe he was charged because of the current political climate. Either way, we've got a thread for that, so I'll stop derailing. Sorry to have jumped in.

Ymir

It's cowardly.

Lol “cowardly”. Dude no one cares whether or not you post here. I’ve posted a lot of stupid stuff from resetera here and I’ve never once cross referenced whether they’re active users here still. I’m glad you have such a high opinion of yourself but most of us aren’t going to waste our time to see whether you still post here or not. It doesn’t matter at the end of the day and doesn’t add anything to what we’re quoting.

entremet

Lol “cowardly”. Dude no one cares whether or not you post here. I’ve posted a lot of stupid stuff from resetera here and I’ve never once cross referenced whether they’re active users here still. I’m glad you have such a high opinion of yourself but most of us aren’t going to waste our time to see whether you still post here or not. It doesn’t matter at the end of the day and doesn’t add anything to what we’re quoting.
K

Is Neogaf & ResetEra the most crowded forum nowadays? Seems like there's not a lot of place that has members as much as Era.

I helped launch a football/banter forum during lockdown that is already higher ranked on Alexa in certain countries than both Neogaf and Resetera. I won’t link it though, out of respect.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You really need to unplug from the skinner box. This isn't healthy.
Excuse me? Please tell me how this differs from people sitting down during breakfast reading news paper of the news around the world? The fucks wrong with you mr. Doctor?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Era should #cancel their Spotify accounts in protest.
Ideally yeah if they stand for what they say.

But No they are complete hypocrites and will continue give money to a platform that hosts someone they hate. Look how obsessed they are with Twitter despite it platforming Trump.

they are so addicted to their consumer media that even modern Hitler isn’t reason enough for them to boycott

njean777

Reset Era is Toxic:

They preach about community and understanding yet they cancel people due to baseless allegations and public opinion. Never have I seen such a place that is such an echo chamber that they just preach to themselves all day. I feel like they don't go outside or even attempt to put themselves in real world situations where they actually have to deal with what they preach is so wrong. It's all virtue signaling to the highest and they really should be canceled themselves. I find it hilarious the way they talk about people without even knowing who the person is, or how they have changed. Its pathetic and really damaging to critical thought.

Note: I have never been apart of their hate speech or forum because they are lying to people outright when they say that they are accepting, they aren't, unless you follow the agenda that they push, if you have a difference in opinion you are banned, how in the fuck are you suppose to have any discussion that way? It's sad and pathetic, because most of us know here that they wouldn't say anything in real life and would get instantly shut down with logic.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Excuse me? Please tell me how this differs from people sitting down during breakfast reading news paper of the news around the world? The fucks wrong with you mr. Doctor?
When you open twitter you see tweets recommended to you based on an algorithm with the goal of getting you engaged; engagement in the platform is pursued as that leads to a bigger audience for ad revenue.
These recommended tweets will often trigger you or impact your mental health in different ways as that is what generates the most engagement. Once the algorithm detect which content engages you, it will double down on it to the point that your perception of reality is altered. Over time you will become a confrontational individual with a biased perception of the world and a hate for those who do not agree with you.

Reading Twitter/Google News/YouTube/Reddit/Facebook and every other digital news platform that surfaces “personalized recommendations” is not healthy. When you seek news, do it in a proactive manner, if you want to be fed news, you are delegating the decision to a corporation that doesn’t have your best interests as their goal.

TrainedRage

Banned

Fuck ALL these cunts.... In the mouth.

...Is this seriously all they have left?
They couldn't get trump out.
They couldn't have the little CHAZ zone.
They stopped 'protesting'.
COVID is a joke.
GO AFTER JOE ROGAN AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

Fuck ALL these cunts.... In the mouth.

...Is this seriously all they have left?
They couldn't get trump out.
They couldn't have the little CHAZ zone.
They stopped 'protesting'.
COVID is a joke.
GO AFTER JOE ROGAN AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I thought they don't provide a platform for him or his content?

Meanwhile he's laughing with his $200 million all the way to the bank.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Its all just too much for them. Mommy gonna come and tell em to go to sleep. shhhh children you don't need to see this.
The reality in why they dislike him is because a) they're fucking crazy as usual, but also b) he's probably the strongest and most popular voice out there right now for sanity and they hate that he puts a damper on their little "everyone is terrible" movements by reining people in and restoring sanity to vocal spaces.

Joe is probably the most important voice out there right now in the sociopolitical landscape. Not for his ideas himself, but because his platform allows people who can restore sanity to get the word out when the regular media won't.

raduque

If you're talking about the Atlanta incident, it's clear that lethal force was not warranted, if so, why was he charged. SCOTUS already ruled that you can't shoot fleeing suspects.

The suspect had a tazer, but the tazer was not comparable to another gun.

I'm not a lawyer, but I was surprised at the felony murder charge. I thought it would be manslaughter.

The same DA that is railroading this cop has previosly stated that tasers are lethal weapons.

Yoshichan

When you open twitter you see tweets recommended to you based on an algorithm with the goal of getting you engaged; engagement in the platform is pursued as that leads to a bigger audience for ad revenue.
These recommended tweets will often trigger you or impact your mental health in different ways as that is what generates the most engagement. Once the algorithm detect which content engages you, it will double down on it to the point that your perception of reality is altered. Over time you will become a confrontational individual with a biased perception of the world and a hate for those who do not agree with you.

Reading Twitter/Google News/YouTube/Reddit/Facebook and every other digital news platform that surfaces “personalized recommendations” is not healthy. When you seek news, do it in a proactive manner, if you want to be fed news, you are delegating the decision to a corporation that doesn’t have your best interests as their goal.

Yo

i’m talking about a bot that gives me notification every time a new thread is being made on gaf. No recommendations or Auto-generated crap.

nush

Gold Member
He's one of the Era lurkers that constantly checks this topic, so he doesn't post "here" anyway. Just butthurt he got screencapped.

Hudo

Reset Era is Toxic:

They preach about community and understanding yet they cancel people due to baseless allegations and public opinion. Never have I seen such a place that is such an echo chamber that they just preach to themselves all day. I feel like they don't go outside or even attempt to put themselves in real world situations where they actually have to deal with what they preach is so wrong. It's all virtue signaling to the highest and they really should be canceled themselves. I find it hilarious the way they talk about people without even knowing who the person is, or how they have changed. Its pathetic and really damaging to critical thought.

Note: I have never been apart of their hate speech or forum because they are lying to people outright when they say that they are accepting, they aren't, unless you follow the agenda that they push, if you have a difference in opinion you are banned, how in the fuck are you suppose to have any discussion that way? It's sad and pathetic, because most of us know here that they wouldn't say anything in real life and would get instantly shut down with logic.
Toxic is a fairly nice description, still. They're straight up encouraging violence and hate against people. They were encouraging Etika (a Nintendo-centric streamer) to kill himself when he had one of his episodes of depression (I think he also suffered from some kind of mental condition) and were elated when it turned out that he actually killed himself this time. Mods tried to sweep it under the rug shortly thereafter but enough screenshots were made. Then, when the dev of Nights in the Woods, Alec Holowka got accused of sexual herassment by his girlfriend (which she still owes proof for) and was subsequently cancelled by the Twitter-mob, his "friends", his family apparently and his "colleagues", he commited suicide and ERA were very eager to congratulate that girlfriend for being "brave", instead of realising that a human being has been killed by this.

That place is one of the worst places on the internet and I hope it stays alive for quite a long time, so that all the mentally deranged people can gather there and be amongst themselves.

njean777

Toxic is a fairly nice description, still. They're straight up encouraging violence and hate against people. They were encouraging Etika (a Nintendo-centric streamer) to kill himself when he had one of his episodes of depression (I think he also suffered from some kind of mental condition) and were elated when it turned out that he actually killed himself this time. Mods tried to sweep it under the rug shortly thereafter but enough screenshots were made. Then, when the dev of Nights in the Woods, Alec Holowka got accused of sexual herassment by his girlfriend (which she still owes proof for) and was subsequently cancelled by the Twitter-mob, his "friends", his family apparently and his "colleagues", he commited suicide and ERA were very eager to congratulate that girlfriend for being "brave", instead of realising that a human being has been killed by this.

That place is one of the worst places on the internet and I hope it stays alive for quite a long time, so that all the mentally deranged people can gather there and be amongst themselves.

Its bullshit, like they think they are the most perfect people ever. I bet you all of them have their dark past's and they are projecting their "beliefs" on others. They are projecting those beliefs because they themselves have done some of the stuff they crucify. Hypocrites most of them.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

Or you could just....wait for it....visit the forum and see the new threads being made.
It's like using a bot, only less stupid.
You mean instead of seeing everything summarized in 30 seconds, I can instead browse pages of pages of content? I’m baffled by the stupidity here, what’s so bad with options? Oh right, I don’t spend 3 hours every day on forums. That must be it, my bad. I’ll try learning how to spend hours on a forum.

Ionian

Exactly, let them swim in their own cesspool of vile shit. What's the odds they complain about being locked in cages when no other forum will take them when the site collapses?

jason10mm

Gold Member
I hope this doesn’t happen and my prediction about this is wrong, but one of these days someone who gets canceled for some stupid bullshit or loses their job over some bullshit is going to go postal and go on a killing spree. Especially in today’s times where anxiety and depression rates are soaring because of the economic woes. I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t happened yet with how wound up everyone is.

These cancel culture people better be careful, if they keep shitting on people eventually they’re gonna do it to the wrong person at the wrong time.

This whole cancel culture stuff isn’t sustainable. It’s driving people nuts on all sides and when people hit rock bottom that’s when the anger and rage starts to build.

None of this is good for anyone no matter how you slice it.
This is why they are usually very careful to only cancel the most stable, well grounded, secure individuals. They don't cancel folks from groups known to go on homicidal rampages at the drop of a hat.

TrainedRage

Banned

Seriously. What is wrong with these people? Dude gets in a fight with his dad on fathers day because he wants to go home and play TLoU2.

I
CANT
EVEN

drganon

Seriously. What is wrong with these people? Dude gets in a fight with his dad on fathers day because he wants to go home and play TLoU2.

I
CANT
EVEN
Must be nice to have a dad to be angry with over something so trivial. I haven't seen or been contacted by mine in 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom