• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrA

Lol at these replies

zve623O.jpg

cwuuGV1.jpg

Evilore still living rent free in their minds

0Xuouh4.jpg
To be fair to them EviLore is substantially worse than Hitler, the monster literally does not support burning books, Hitler burned books, who would you trust to help you correct history?

Tuff McNutt

9ogGPwH.jpg

Calling bullshit on this. We all know when Nepenthe is in a car she uses the booster seat which means she can't reach the brakes. Ergo, she couldn't be driving. She is even too short for the bumper cars amusements.

How dare you. She is certainly entitled to driving her shitty Nissan Versa that she got with a 72 month loan at 7%! These people are going to solve the world's economy, but can't realize that they were shafted on a loan. The kicker is that her stepdad is a car salesman and was the one that set up the loan. Even her own family can't stand the angry racist furry midget.

Last edited:

Ionian

Right, Walgreens. But is "he" really a "woman"? Someone shared pics someplace of him at some point, and if he's a woman I am a Vulcan.

You're barking up the wrong tree here, do your homework.

She's still an absolute cunt though, no doubt about that.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
How dare you. She is certainly entitled to driving her shitty Nissan Versa that she got with a 72 month loan at 7%! These people are going to solve the world's economy, but can't realize that they were shafted on a loan. The kicker is that her stepdad is a car salesman and was the one that set up the loan. Even her own family can't stand the angry racist furry midget.
The following is a statement written in conjunction with my attorney.

"I, Richard Jones of Detroit, Michigan do not condone comments aimed to beLITTLE anyone, including Nepenthe. I will be the BIGger man and apologise. Now is the time to reflect on my actions and GROW as a human. I understand my white privilege of growing past 4 feet has caused resentment to a TINY MINORITY and I am ashamed of my words and deeds.

I would also like to apologise to Slayven for my mean spirited comments about him. Had I known someone could read my comments to him, I would have seriously reconsidered my wording. There will be no further statements.
Thank you.'

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member

HAHAHAHAAH that virtual signaling fuck face is a predator.
Its almost like the people that wave the flag the most are the ones that are the most fucked up

JaqZtVv.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Did not realize stinkie was “upper management” so this puts new perspective on it.

jesus how dumb do u have to be to have that high profile a job and talk trash all day on a messageboard?

so by their standards he guilty of dating “a teeenager” also she is autistic also he had quid pro quo with that management position. Perfect storm of shit

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Damn they didn’t waste much time shutting this thread down. “Believe women” my ass
Pirate Bae
Cat Mom

Administrator
Yesterday at 6:53 PM
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Any time an allegation like this is made it is a highly sensitive situation. In this case this thread does not appear to be helping, given that the accuser’s own history has now become an issue and members are now engaged in internet detectivism in all directions. The facts at this point don’t appear clear enough to keep this going. If a statement is made or new information becomes available a new thread can be made at that point.

Must be nice to be a “valuable member of the community” and that mods will shut down discussion to help you out. Reminds me of all those old stories where a male rapist used their standing in the community to avoid punishment and scrutiny. That community privilege working real good and now Era is helping silence this woman

WeLL DONE YOU FAkE FEMINISTS

Last edited:

Ionian

I read the entire thread, my eyeballs fell out of my head only to bounce back in to my eye sockets.

As much as I think Stinkles is a terrible self-absorbed poster that shouldn't be posting online, she does does seem pretty un-hinged.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
No surprise they are taking his side still it stinks. They locked the thread and there is one thread mark where a user says the Halo Community knows her and she’s crazy lol. Then they say she called them a retard, and wrote some mean tweets, which apparently proves all bets are off and she’s a horrible liar.

“Hey this woman made 2 or 3 bad tweets that means she is lying about being sexually manipulated by this powerful man”

these people are so full of shit jfc

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
They locked the thread and there is one thread mark where a user says the Halo Community knows her and she’s crazy lol

Funny how "Being crazy" wasn't a valid reason on Ree to dismiss the woman accusing Neil Degrasse Tyson. In fact to say such a thing was ban worthy.

dionysus

Yaldog
Seriously, what did he do wrong? Even if you believe the accuser what exactly has she accused him of? Grooming a 19 year old (or a 19ish 20 year old, whatever that means) is intentionally vague and worded just so it can get headlines like "grooming a teenager". Also the stolen ideas thing seems absurd. I mean I like dogs but that doesn't give me rights to every story with a dog in it. If i told GRRM to make a story with a dog in it and he did I wouldn't have claim to that story.

I enjoy schadenfreude as much as anyone, but I also have standards.

Last edited:

Ymir

Seriously, what did he do wrong? Even if you believe the accuser what exactly has she accused him of? Grooming a 19 year old (or a 19ish 20 year old, whatever that means) is intentionally vague and worded just so it can get headlines like "grooming a teenager". Also the stolen ideas thing seems absurd. I mean I like dogs but that doesn't give me rights to every story with a dog in it. If i told GRRM to make a story with a dog in it and he did I wouldn't have claim to that story.

No one cares about Stinkles, he was making fun of the double standard of resetera of it's bannable to ever doubt the woman's claim even when she turns out to be a liar, But instead of mass bannings like the other threads that turned out to be lies they closed it and shutdown all discussion because he's an "insider" who posts there.

dionysus

Yaldog
No one cares about Stinkles, he was making fun of the double standard of resetera of it's bannable to ever doubt the woman's claim even when she turns out to be a liar, But instead of mass bannings like the other threads that turned out to be lies they closed it and shutdown all discussion because he's an "insider" who posts there.

You are right, Phonepunk was the wrong person to reply to so I removed the quote of his post. I have no issue with pointing out Resetera's hypocrisy. I should have found a better post to reply to, but in general I mean that so far I can't see any reason to think Stinkles actually did anything wrong.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member

Yeah, you’re right. I read the full thread there and things took quite the wild turnaround.

Some highlights:

xVHu5gC.jpg

That last sentence... imagine writing that down in any other sexual harassment / assault thread this past week.

oz5gz2u.jpg

Aaah yes, capitalism. Of course someone would mention that.

And yeah, let’s shut down the industry now that TLOU2 is finally out!

LY4eqRk.jpg

Hold on to your butt, biggy. You just know mods have this post of yours pinned and are looking for evidence to ban you if this turns out to actually be bad for Stinkles...

01OvKyz.jpg

No you can’t. Not at that place, buddy.

Thread locked with no bans at this time because this was the mods when those incredible tweets were brought to the surface:

8cwwZg1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the point is less about whether he did anything wrong, maybe he did, maybe he didn't - the evidence looks shaky as all fuck, bizarrely presented, she was an adult so 'grooming' is basically just flirting? But who knows, I don't know the guy. I certainly wouldn't regard those tweets as passing the threshold of credibility though.

The point is more that they've painted themselves into a corner with well established discussion rules on accusations, i.e. that they are believed 100% until proven otherwise. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts. So now they either apply that to Stinkles and surely that means he is banned for life and Halo is collateral damage...or they do what they did, which is to lock discussion and wait for more evidence, which looks like breathtaking hypocrisy, undermines their whole approach hitherto and de-legitimises the raison d'etre of the genesis of the site, which was to get out from under an evil sex criminal based on flimsy hearsay evidence. If they can't apply teh same standard they wanted from Neogaf back then, to Stinkles now, then what is the site for?

Nester99

I think she is accusing him of stealing ideas for Halo from her. She “is” cortana after all.

Sounds bat shit crazy

Last edited:

entremet

Well good, seems like we agree on a lot of this. I hope you mean it because this mindset likely won't be accepted over there within a year or two and you'll be permabanned just for posting here. Just based on the way and speed things have escalated over there I mean.
Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely an unabashed progressive politically.

However, I take the more Jonathan Haidt approach to online communications. His stuff is great and he's been a very astute observer of what's going on online.

We're basically digging in our heels and less civil dialogue across those that don't agree is increasing. Not good long term. We can't solve problems if it's always about the "other".

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I can't see any reason to think Stinkles actually did anything wrong.
part of MeToo has been about men not just leveraging their physical power over women but their systemic power. Stinkles was upper management. she was someone just out of high school.

right now these same people are thinking Angry Joe was a predator because his poor woman thought "he could make or break her" because he is a minor youtube celeb. that he was so bad because he used his status to mack on a girl. this guy isn't just a personality, he is upper management in a AAA game company. he has real power. the power gap there makes all the difference.

also not being 21 means she is not old enough to drink. 19 is close to being an adult but not quite there.

personally i don't see it as that wrong. it's not illegal. but given the standards that they set through MeToo, it's entirely hypocritical. given Stinkle's outspoken SJW message board warrior personality, it is entirely appropriate to give him shit for this and Era for covering for it.

Last edited:
Damn they didn’t waste much time shutting this thread down. “Believe women” my ass

Must be nice to be a “valuable member of the community” and that mods will shut down discussion to help you out. Reminds me of all those old stories where a male rapist used their standing in the community to avoid punishment and scrutiny. That community privilege working real good and now Era is helping silence this woman

WeLL DONE YOU FAkE FEMINISTS

Looks like Boy's Club behaviour to me.

Should be banned and cancelled immedaitely!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely an unabashed progressive politically.

However, I take the more Jonathan Haidt approach to online communications. His stuff is great and he's been a very astute observer of what's going on online.

We're basically digging in our heels and less civil dialogue across those that don't agree is increasing. Not good long term. We can't solve problems if it's always about the "other".

Unfortunately, I've recently seen Haidt be classified as "a gateway to the alt-right" and "Trojan Horse of racist elitism." Sad times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ymir

These fucktards have reading comprehension issues suited to them smashing the report button and getting in an extra hit post before the ban hammer drops. That poster didn't call her a slut he's relating how other people said she acted like a slut. Shoot the messenger.
The part that's amazing too is "victim blaming", how is the girl a victim? What crime was committed from what he described that he's "victim blaming"?

OutRun88

That site is truly a vile echo chamber.

I would love to know how old some of these individuals are.

A lot of their comments read straight from a teens mindset hoping to fit in, however, I imagine most are white knights in their 20s/30s.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

A lot of their comments read straight from a teens mindset hoping to fit in, however, I imagine most are white knights in their 20s/30s.

It's even worse. There was a poll on there a while back which showed the majority of users are in their 30s and 40s. Most younger people don't use forums, and those that do already know REEE's reputation and stay away from it.

I have a 22 year old step son and it seems like a lot of people that age and younger are cool with social issues, but hate SJWs trying to tell them how to act or speak. Like they're cool with people being minorities, gay, trans, etc but push back when those people have autistic fits when they're referred to with the "wrong" pronoun or whatever.

just got off work

so did the hypocrites let frankie off the hook or what?

Not shockingly, there was many people defending him and the thread was locked pending "further evidence" - the total opposite of the "believe all women" rhetoric that has gotten hundreds of people banned from the site because they dared to say that maybe people should see both sides of a story before launching an internet lynch mob.

Kev Kev

Not shockingly, there was many people defending him and the thread was locked pending "further evidence" - the total opposite of the "believe all women" rhetoric that has gotten hundreds of people banned from the site because they dared to say that maybe people should see both sides of a story before launching an internet lynch mob.
LO fucking L, should have figured as much. of course they did.

I would guess most are 30s, entitled, man-children. There are some older and some younger, you can usually tell.

OutRun88

It's even worse. There was a poll on there a while back which showed the majority of users are in their 30s and 40s. Most younger people don't use forums, and those that do already know REEE's reputation and stay away from it.

I have a 22 year old step son and it seems like a lot of people that age and younger are cool with social issues, but hate SJWs trying to tell them how to act or speak. Like they're cool with people being minorities, gay, trans, etc but push back when those people have autistic fits when they're referred to with the "wrong" pronoun or whatever.
I would guess most are 30s, entitled, man-children. There are some older and some younger, you can usually tell.
Fascinating. I'd love to have a face to face over coffee with some of the more vocal members. I can already picture it; me getting lambasted about my beliefs as they become red in the face, forehead vein protruding visibly, spittle flying everywhere all while I calmly sip my coffee with a shit eating grin to boot.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Fascinating. I'd love to have a face to face over coffee with some of the more vocal members. I can already picture it; me getting lambasted about my beliefs as they become red in the face, forehead vein protruding visibly, spittle flying everywhere all while I calmly sip my coffee with a shit eating grin to boot.

I doubt very much they have the balls to spout their online bullshit in person. They are probably awkward and shy.

I doubt very much they have the balls to spout their online bullshit in person. They are probably awkward and shy.

^^^

I would guess most are actually pleasant to deal with in real life, they may have black hearts but probably know how to function in the real world. A non-zero amount are probably shut-in weirdos though, but I think even of those, most play UP their weirdness as some sort of virtue on Ree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom