• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodo123

Never heard about ResetEra before coming to GAF actually. Love this thread though - thanks everyone for cherry picking the most obnoxious posts from there.
Sadly, the forum seems to be a reflection of current society in the west (or should I say, a big, very vocal part of that society). Brainwashed by years and years of propaganda - going to become a fucked up mix between Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World

ZZZZ

Never heard about ResetEra before coming to GAF actually. Love this thread though - thanks everyone for cherry picking the most obnoxious posts from there.
Sadly, the forum seems to be a reflection of current society in the west (or should I say, a big, very vocal part of that society). Brainwashed by years and years of propaganda - going to become a fucked up mix between Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World
They got some quality mods in there, the best of the best.

t1q2K13.jpg

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Cyberpunk 2077 (pros and cons so far)

Pros:
- Keanu Reeves

Cons:
- Paid overtime
- Racist cars
- Fully customisable character creation (transphobic somehow🤷‍♂️)
- Keanu Reeves hasn't denounced the game
- The developers are racist because of tweets on the official account run by interns
- Fully playable in 2020 (misleading as it says 2077 on the box)
- Not on Switch. Would be perfect for Switch, Doom can be played on Switch so why not this game?
- Company based in Poland not diverse enough. It should have more African Americans women since they are so common in Poland.🙄

Feel free to add to the pros and cons list.
- No bullshit from REEEE for a whole day

Not sure what column it belongs to.

Had a look at Messfango's Twitter out of curiosity after nush nush post.

What kind of slop is this, paper plate and food just randomly dumped all over the table. Not even gonna mention what I think of the steak.

gKtZ9hW.jpg
£30 British Meal?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
“We built this country”

it’s amazing how even when they are peak woke they entirely ignore the Native American population

but then it’s BIPOC and not IBPOC

sorry indigenous Americans you somehow got the shit end of the stick YET AGAIN. Ah but don’t get mad, don’t you know blacks can’t be racist?

when you roll the start of the country back from 1776 to 1619 and there are Native Americans staring at you like “Hello there! You think this shit started with you?”

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
They seriously believe that anyone outside of Resetera is outraged over alleged transphobia in Cyberpunk 2077.

May i remind you that the game isn't even out yet.

I haven't seen a single tweet, news story, Reddit thread, or really anything, linking transphobia to either CDPR or Cyberpunk. This tempest in a teapot is completely isolated to ResetEra because it's isn't actually a thing. The longer it drags on the more convinced I am that the most vocal of the supposedly trans activists on Ree are nothing more than elaborate trolls - they've been biding their time, honing their craft, sacrificing alt accounts, and right now, they're painting their masterpiece.

I haven't seen a single tweet, news story, Reddit thread, or really anything, linking transphobia to either CDPR or Cyberpunk. This tempest in a teapot is completely isolated to ResetEra because it's isn't actually a thing. The longer it drags on the more convinced I am that the most vocal of the supposedly trans activists on Ree are nothing more than elaborate trolls - they've been biding their time, honing their craft, sacrificing alt accounts, and right now, they're painting their masterpiece.

Same and it isn't like Reddit, Twitter, or any new sites wouldn't have picked up on it if it were true.

Last edited:

Corrik

Nobody seriously pointed out the thread from ResetERA about wanting Miles Morales to walk around slinging African-American racial slurs around like candy to provide "true representation" of the New York African-Americans?

Edit: And, of course, ninja'd while going back to see if anyone mentioned it prior.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Some light Monday morning reading 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nearly everyone in that thread think black people use that word like it’s going out of style. Racist much?
ZEucpu8.png

Also it’s very easy to spot the white people pretending they’re black 😂

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

As usual, that forum always looking for an excuse to throw around racial slurs. I wonder how B Dubs feels about Miles saying that?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned

lol fucking brilliant

this tells you everything about how the left sees black people: you are only "authentic" if you buy into their ghetto stereotype

Reave

Another day, another "victim."

In this episode, a Reee feels attacked when advised to cancel his Cyberpunk 2077 preorder.

Pr2RARX.jpg

Piece of trash Claven already unbanned, that was fast! That purple badge is quite the buff.

nFO4xgA.jpg

Translation: I’m a weak, gullible, virtue signalling pos that’s also in desperate need of validation and a "community", so you’ve successfully brainwashed me and I will “adopt” your stance. Thank you so much!

bHFm2C5.jpg

"Exhausting". Sure thing bud. Yeah, it must be so HARD going to a videogame forum and pretending to be outraged over non-existent bullshit, as well as nastily attacking, guilting, and shaming others, every SINGLE day, when not a single person has attacked you. Props to these poor victimized souls! LEGENDARY!

Last edited:

Dodo123

t1q2K13.jpg
Yes I saw it as well, probably one of the worst examples.
Overly aggressive and racist black posters - known issue - I'm a tennis fan as well and read through a forum on this topic for nearly a decade - saw too much of it.

Dorohedoro

bjUSXq7.png

tenor.gif

The absolute state of this drama queen. The derangement syndrome is so strong they're already thinking about skipping TGA which is still almost 2 months away, in fear of having some sort of mental breakdown from Cyberpunk getting nominations and awards when the game itself isn't even out for another month. They'll likely put the review thread on ignore too if it starts racking up 10s. YIKES.

This is one for the books. Not sure another game will trigger Era this much anytime soon apart from that Harry Potter game. Maybe GTA VI... As long as Dan Houser leaving doesn't mean they'll kneel to the Problematic Content Police.

CQNv0wV.png

The job he's done nothing but make topics complaining about for the last two years? Angry? Naa you know it's going to be the lead up to another "I'm a worthless piece of shit and I should just end it" topic.

Is there any way to search a user's posts without an active account?

I guess I am a racist because don't see why some car from an old show being referenced is a problem.

Maybe as a result I am some secret KKK leader that drives around in said car at night terrorising people with proclomations that I pre ordered Cyberpunk while indoctrinating the young by sharing trailers.

Salz01

I really wish people would stop clicking on that site. I rarely go there anymore. It’s not even fun to visit that site. They maybe have a thread or two about new gaming related topics a day, but everything else is so agenda focused on a narrative. If your middle of the road or a little bit more conservative your deemed the enemy. They are just a bunch of copy cats anyways, it was a copy and paste of this forum.

Im doing my part, I’m not going to give them the clicks.

t1q2K13.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It should be illegal to be this fucking stupid.

It's dangerous that there are people with this mindset. Lack compassion for anyone but themselves; know next to nothing about anyone but themselves; full of hatred, and oblivious as to why this behavior makes them no different than their white supremacist boogeymen. Pure ignorance and stupidity.

Shit like this is why I was never down with the old blackGAF. That community was filled with ass-ignorant, narcissistic, self-absorbed assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom