• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral Dog

Dirtyshrubb is male and speaks for women apparently, more news at 11.

RyanG speaking truths, will be banned soon, more news at 11.

D1O4fSY.png

EDIT 1:
What the fuck is this ban? I swear to satan...

rvDaAVl.png

EDIT 2:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!? She is not sexualized, jesus christ. What, you want her to have small boobs because you are afraid of women? She has big tits cause she is a big fucking woman, and she is dressed classically. It is a very nice design. They were dropped on their heads on ResetERA? You want women in burqa so you can be satisfied?

kYUCUpv.png
If she is a woman anything is sexualized to those prudes these days 🤭
D83kNi5.jpg

I really hope this thread doesn't get nuked. Like the title says "Stay civil, don't get personal." If someone is being hateful they can always get thread banned. This thread needs to stay alive at least until Hogwarts Legacy releases. We're going to need it for the crazy influx of people that are going to be fleeing the absolute madness that's going to be Resetera at that point.

Raven117

The reason the "stay civil" and "don't get personal" are front and center in the thread title is to steer people away from the uncomfortable aspects that can come out in a thread like this. Of course when you see abuse of power on display over there it's natural to react harshly. And when you see the serious dysfunction on display it's natural to comment on it. I'm just not fond of when the environment leads to resentment boiling over toward identity groups, like with one of our recently banned users increasingly hating trans people in general, or following users' personal lives with ongoing screenshots because they're a little too open with their lives in an illusory safe space open to the public.

Highlighting the lunacy of their moderation actions is reasonable. And when refugees stop over, this thread is a good way to decompress from all the groupthink pressure a lot of people are under there 24/7. We've picked up some cool people that way. The rest of it we can do without. Nuking this thread is under consideration for those reasons.
Shoot. Yeah, didn’t realize that is what was going on (the first paragraph). That’s garbage and can see why you are considering nuking the thread.

Id like to think we could get the balance right (which overall seems to be just laughing at threads being made and guessing all the bans) but if we can’t have nice things, then we can’t have nice things.

Marvel14

Banned
How about some funny tag lines to best describe era?

I've got a few:

ERA: Think like us or get out.

ERA: Probably the best thought fascists in the gaming world.

ERA: You'll think what we tell you and like it.

ERA: Try posting an independent thought....go on we dare you.

ERA: We think we're woke but it's actually a stroke.

ERA: The fakes of a new liberalisation.

Anymore for any more?

Raven117

Hmm. Moderators banning people left and right being cheered on by members. Sounds familiar, but I can't place where...
Easy killer. I think most members don’t like people banned, but sometimes, it is just what has to be done to keep the community in a positive place.

Ultimately, this is a judgment call on the mod team. No other way to put it. So far, the mod team has been very open with what they are going for and how they are going to go about doing it. Hell, evilore will flat out tell you what’s going on when asked. Think about that when compared to other forums.

it really is a posters fault for being banned here on Gaf. It is really a “don’t be a dick” policy.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
How about some funny tag lines to best describe era?

I've got a few:

ERA: Think like us or get out.

ERA: Probably the best thought fascists in the gaming world.

ERA: You'll think what we tell you and like it.

ERA: Try posting an independent thought....go on we dare you.

ERA: We think we're woke but it's actually a stroke.

ERA: The fakes of a new liberalisation.

Anymore for any more?
cricket.gif

I'm just happy that the Alanah Pearce thread is gone. That thread represented the worst of GAF, imho.
Im not sure why that thread went that way. Sure, I though it was puzzling that she got a writing job at Sony ( I was like lol what?) but Im not gonna hate on here personal character. She always seemed like a nice person to me I guess.

notseqi

People who hate her are misogynists. I'm calling them out idgaf. Reee at me all they want.
Is that what they hated her for in the closed thread?
Baseless criticism slides quickly into 'what is the most hurtful thing to say', I don't know if there is/was any legitimate criticism to level at her.

teezzy

Banned
Is that what they hated her for in the closed thread?
Baseless criticism slides quickly into 'what is the most hurtful thing to say', I don't know if there is/was any legitimate criticism to level at her.

I have a bit of a hard-on for women('s rights)

so maybe i'm biased. i'm not some lame-o male feminist type.

believe me, i make filthy jokes all the time, but i'm very much someone who can easily befriend women and i know people who channel their sexual frustration into hatred when i see it

i think that's the driving force behind the alanah stuff. "she's hot!! i hate her!!! her fans are all simps!! reee!!"

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
My only questions were her qualifications. She's an objectively attractive person so that didn't hurt I'm sure. Much like her role in Cyberpunk. There are far bigger youtubers out there so that struck me as a bit odd. Anyway, shot at neogaf aside she seems nice enough.

teezzy

Banned
Maybe I’m a bit late but isn’t this thread just for the lulz? What the hell is going with this talk of nuking it?

Some people need to chill. Stop wasting your life energy in people you’ve never met and never will. Come here for the laughs and move on.

For better or worse, there's been some adjustments in what exactly is acceptable here. With that said, it makes this thread kinda a sore spot brought into a new light.

I'm cautiously optimistic, myself. I have a lot of respect for this community in general, and hate to see so many favorite posters of mine exiled.

At the end of the day, EL runs the show and I respect any business owner pursuing their vision to the fullest.

I have friends from Era and GAF... it is what it is. Hell, I'll even defend Morrigan or ColdSun, but I'll defend Evilore, and the recently banned too.

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It’s been over three years now since everything happened. The tribal BS is pointless, and can undermine treating people as individuals. GAF is doing well and isn’t dependent on outcomes at Reset one way or another. I don’t care if you’re coming from there or not as long as you’re not here to disrupt the forum.

There are some seriously warped individuals in positions of power and influence over there, though, and I would strongly suggest not letting them condition you toward accepting their worldview. Step outside of the ideological bubble.

Raven117

Maybe I’m a bit late but isn’t this thread just for the lulz? What the hell is going with this talk of nuking it?

Some people need to chill. Stop wasting your life energy in people you’ve never met and never will. Come here for the laughs and move on.
Guess it seems all online communities can attract some people who just don’t know when to chill.

I really, REALLY hope this thread isn't nuked. I'm all for banning people that go overboard, but this thread serves as catharsis and entertainment, and really the ONLY place to point out the insanity with a group of people who understand the context, and have a history of resetera. It's a very unique thread. To be honest I have little interest in engaging in actual videogame related threads anymore, I just don't see the point and doesn't give me any pleasure. But this thread is a different story, and its fun to read something that makes me think I'm going insane on resetera, then come here and be validated that Im actually not the insane one. There's also extremely witty and clever commentary here, and it's a group that understands each other, generally. It's a publicly viewable forum so should be fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom