• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uUUJTUf.png

HGaKnDm.png

2sdfYGG.png

"Gaming Forum"

Looks like most seem to have forgotten the atrocities committed by THQ Nordic. Not every post is "Fuck THQ!"

Where is Diggeh to remind everyone?

We must never forget the thousands of lives lost due to the THQ 8chan Incident!
So the only thing they did was post on 8CH ? I don't know how thats a war crime.

Reports of a Harry Potter series in development at HBO have them in a tizzy. This basically encapsulates the level of discussion over there.

RJwsPwH.png

It's mind-blowing that literally ANY thought beyond those words, any shred of nuance, and attempt at discussion, would get an immediate ban. The discussion guidelines for these threads are pretty much any variation of FUCK JK ROWLING being the only thing permissible, and you end up with 30 pages of that trash. What a waste of fucking bandwidth.

Ymir

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bi...1-on-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one.368148/post-57173295 "They haven't taken a stance against terrorism, therefore I cannot support them." What kind of demented thinking drives people to conjure up conclusions like this? It's a poor marketing move on their part. Move on. They're not engaged with the fucking Proud Boys lmao.
Hmm I see you didn’t say you’re against pedophilia in your post. Do you work for THQ Nordic by chance????

But yes, a large, publicly traded company very much supports pedophilia. That’s clearly the only reasonable assumption to have and there is clearly no evidence that they don’t.

Velcro Fly

Can you link to post that got you banned? Curious.

I was the one who pointed out shinobi being happy about this game in the CPDR is transphobic thread. I know there are screenshots of it here around the time it happened. I can't find the thread on there anymore because I can't view my own post history. They edited out the tweet anyway.

Last edited:

Electret

:messenger_medmask:

"I'm a simple man. I see something that paints white people in a negative light, I post it."

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
They're eating each other over the idea of not extending stimulus to people earning $75k now. Kind of funny I guess. A small subset of their popular users are like most of us, tech and IT workers earning $100k+, but their admins and mods are all below the poverty level. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Raven117

😶
In their defense, most are shooting this down.

as for the 75k thread. Lol, sucks when it comes for you!

Am I the only one or is Politics on NeoGAF turning to Reset 2.0? We're making fun of em' but it's basically turning into that here on Politics. We can't really have two Resets can we? It would be fucking putrid.

I have noticed an increased uptick in bans, especially conservatives members. Diffusion, Schrodinger'sCat, Crypto, Highrider and so many others....

As a Conservative myself.... That fucking sucks.
I mean, it's not Reset Era, as some of the users there are open to discussion. But the politics side here is definitely not for everyone, and for me it can be pretty fucking disgusting what I read there most of the times. I never blocked anyone in my entire life, but since I came to Gaf, i had to. There's some users who I really consider fucking nut jobs when it comes to politics. But like I said, at least it's open for discussion and if I don't like the premise of a thread, I just don't post on it.

On Ree you just have to agree or else you gonna be banned. And the politics there is also on the gaming side, so you can't run away from it.

Traianvs

that's quite the opposite from what I see in my country. While it's prevalently white, most young people and middle age ones wear a mask. Old people are way harder to convince to do it but I see improvements.

They are really racist, but i guess against white people it's Not racism?
Oh interesting

F*** off resetera

I wonder if some of the people bringing politics into this thread are doing so in order to cause enough problems and have it shut down.

This thread was the reason I signed up to NeoGaf and I can't be the only one. With it gone I think the internet is losing that one place of legitimate dissent from attitudes like that of Resetera and the like, which would be a massive boon for them.

Balboa

It's mind-blowing that literally ANY thought beyond those words, any shred of nuance, and attempt at discussion, would get an immediate ban. The discussion guidelines for these threads are pretty much any variation of FUCK JK ROWLING being the only thing permissible, and you end up with 30 pages of that trash. What a waste of fucking bandwidth.
It's even more fun when you consider that most of them don't even know why they are saying it.

Leosocial

Neo Member
Everything I know about Resetera comes from the Resetera Takes twitter. That being said, their unending meltdown over THQ continuing to exist despite them declaring THQ cancelled (because no one actually cared) is pretty hilarious.

i got banned for saying donald trump =/= all republicans, and they labeled me an alt account for some guy i've never heard of

resetera is a joke
They will create any "reason" for a ban if they want you out of there. During the December 2020 fiasco, I was temporarily banned initially [before the permanent ban] for a thread I had made 2 years ago that had a video from Robin Gaming as a discussion piece - even though I was already banned a week for it back then.

The Double Jeopardy Clause is apparently not something they abide by.

They re-banned me for it simply to strip the Cyberpunk 2077 OT creation ability from me and then scoured my social media to find anything to use as ammunition to facilitate the permanent ban.

Soulless, worthless people moderate that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom