• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC,PS4,XB1,PS3,360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat

Didn't really like this the first time around, but I might give this a shot when it's on sale. Happy to see some love for older Resident Evil though.

Audette

I haven't played 0. Is it good?

it's a mixed bag.

Get past the less grounded tone of the game and you have the last great traditional RE released. The story does push my tolerance of over the top happenings though... also doesn't quite feel like it fits in with the perfect tone of REmake.
Definitely worth playing if you love the gameplay of classic RE and give no shits over how bonkers the story is.

bigkrev

The only pre-RE4 game I haven't finished (got bored of it when it came out). Will probably buy on discount
oh who am I kidding, i'll break down and buy it the day it comes out

I'll buy it, but I really wonder how much longer we will be dealing with Cross-gen games. By 2016, the 360 will be well over 10 years old.

-MD-

Aww yeah.

I haven't played this since the original release but I remember enjoying it. Will buy on PC.

KuGsj.gif

Capcom are some uncreative bunch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel that the main reason a lot of people don't like this game was that it's only run of the mill compared to REmake. I honestly think its much better than 3 or CV/CVX.

That and people who never actually played the game because it was GCN/Wii exclusive for so long.

Excellent. I bought the gamecube version when it came out but I never quite finished it. This'll be a good excuse to finally see the ending.

FLD

Oh, fuck yes! Glad to see that accidental reveal panned out. Especially since I never got the chance to play this one. Sucks that it's a 2016 title, though. A fall release would've been nice.

Jaeger

YES! Something tells me RE2 remake is on the way. They are just generating money in the meantime for the project, since assets already exist.

zma1013

I haven't played 0. Is it good?

If you like gorgeous graphics, unimaginative monster designs where most enemies are just small insects and animals made really big, a "one step forward, two step backwards" change to the inventory system, and a gimmicky character swap feature, then you'll like this.

Well, erm, I guess what I'm saying is, the graphics are the only awesome thing about it but hey, if this does well alongside the Re-REmake and helps usher in a new era of these types of RE games, then I'm all for it.

Despera

Banned
Good news.

Zero is not a bad game... there are some hard-to-look-beyond flaws at times, but it's a fun game from the classic days of RE.

Audette

Zero had a lot more full FMV backgrounds than REmake, so those will need a lot of TLC.

yeah They did a great job with that at the time of the original release.

Blew my mind when they had rooms that the camera panned in rather than being static. LOL

so what's after this then? ONIMUSHA???

You know what would be a mind blower? Total remake of Dino Crisis in MT engine!

Eila

Well, there it is.
Surprised it's 2016. Do these remasters really take that much work? And it's on PS360, too.

Shauni

2016? I was thinking like this summer or something. I have to wonder why it's going to take so long. Either way, may pick it up. I like Zero pretty well. Going to cross my fingers for $15, but I'm guessing $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom