• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake | PS4 vs Xbox ONE vs PS4 Pro vs PC vs Xbox ONE X | Graphics/Framerate Comparison Video

dolabla

That shouldn't matter if they are capturing these through a capture card though right? Unless the slider is in default a too bright of position.

I think it would capture whatever you got the settings set at in the game. The default in game settings are way too bright. Or particularly the blacks are. I had to adjust it several notches below default. They're not blacks, it's more like greys.

This is how it's supposed to look. From the 1 Demo trailer, look at the gameplay:

PsyEd

What exactly does Atmos do? How much big of a difference is it compared to just 7.1?

Well you will need DD Atmos capable receiver to experience it than reading about it. Even if the game doesn't support it just means it will have much better object positional sound than usual 5.1 or 7.1....ihmo.. If it does....it's very impressive. Games like Gears 4 really does sound great in atmos and you can always clearly hear when anything is creeping up from behind or on ceiling . So I'm hoping RE2r doesn't screw this up...plus they are explicitly mentioning Atmos in sound option...so got my hopes up to some degree.

Blood Borne

This is most probably using checkerboard on PRO and XBONEX, and just like RE7, CB on PRO looks better because PRO has the CB hardware and XBONEX does not...…..
Lol. Nothing wrong with being fan or biased or having a preference, that’s what makes us human but please always try to be objective as much as possible. Some way somehow you always find a way to spin it into Sony’s favour.

Last edited:

DonF

The game looks and performs incredible on pro, where I played it. I'm sure xb1x will have some extra bells and whistles.
RE engine is incredible. Too bad that's gettin use this late into the Gen, hopefully Capcom will build and improve on it for next gen.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Sat back down with the 1X version on my 65” C7 OLED. Turned off all the lights, saw I had 6 minutes left and knuckled down to what needed to be done...

Addressing the lighting.

Ok, so... First of all, I turned HDR off before loading the game up. Nothing you will do will get the HDR lighting looking correct. Not a damn thing. Likes broken beyond belief.

Then I messed with the settings... And for me, it was as follows...

- First screen one notch or so below max.

- Second screen one notch or so below minimum.

- Last screen about one notch over middle.

Now you will right away, you will notice that you can control a LOT more than you can with HDR. Anyway, with these, well... the lighting was spot on. As in, blacks were black, everything popped, and when I was in a dark coridor, god damn it I was in a DARK CORIDOR. No more blue/green weird lighting, no more coloured shadows... it looks utterly stunning.

So yeah, I’m convinced that I can get the final game looking good. Damn good. But unless something changes, that HDR is getting turned the F off...

Evilms

Banned
More detailed on Pro and PC, is much more blurred on X
capturegok88.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Also far less aliased on the X than Pro though, stills don't show that nicely but it's visible in that screenshot, particularly on the straight marble lines above the spotlight behind and to the left of the statue.

Also on the left side of the statue itself. In screens it can be okay but in motion with constant shimmering everywhere it's not a good look, whether it's otherwise sharp or not.

The TAA+FXAA in the game does suck though, if you disable it in a 4K PC screenshot it will look way sharper, and even with it enabled there's still instances of heavy shader aliasing if you aren't downsampling.

I love TAA in other games as the blur isn't quite so prominent and the aliasing appears to be completely eliminated which adds a lot to a game's look. I hope they fix it with patches (or PC mods).

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
Xbox One x the same resolution as the ps4 Pro? Good job Capcom!!! .....

It reminds me of assassin's creed unity on ps4 and xb1 fat in 900p with a better framerate on xb1, ubisoft had botched the ps4 version.

-Xenokai-

Neo Member
Warning/TIP: Adjust the (Min brightness setting) or the game will not have deep blacks. Even on a calibrated tv. Most game's the default brightness setting is best or very close to accurate, but not with this. Sadly I played the demo on default. After I beat it I toyed around with the settings and found that the Min brightness setting was default way to bright. Game still looked good but the game didn't have deep blacks like it should of. Since I was timed I didn't stop to change it. Oh well good to know going into the full game.

Xbox One x the same resolution as the ps4 Pro? Good job Capcom!!! .....
Yeah but pro version is probably reconstructed from a lower res. Seemed that way to me.

My main concern if I was going to buy it would be on optional toggle for chromatic aberration...

Man honestly though this game looks kinda blurry and dithered in general. Character models are ace besides the hair though.

Last edited:
Yeah but pro version is probably reconstructed from a lower res. Seemed that way to me.

My main concern if I was going to buy it would be on optional toggle for chromatic aberration...

Man honestly though this game looks kinda blurry and dithered in general. Character models are ace besides the hair though.

Were there options to remove motion blur and grain on consoles? I think there are on PC, but not sure for consoles.

waylo

Banned
Were there options to remove motion blur and grain on consoles? I think there are on PC, but not sure for consoles.

At least on PC, turning off film grain introduces all sorts of banding in dark areas. Normally I turn stuff like that off, but I'll be keeping it on here. And yes, I have my monitor calibrated and I calibrated using the in-game tools as well, I did not leave it default.

havok75

I abandoned the demo after 20 minutes. Performance is horrible on a 1060 6GB, i5 4670 and 16GB RAM. Even on medium/low settings, even without fully utilizing the system, the game can't keep it's 60fps cap without tons of microstuttering and judder. I even tried locking it with RTSS (which usually fixes even the most stubborn cases) and there was no difference. Pretty awful experience, i'm probably going to pass this if i'm not 100% sure those problems are fixed.
I played the full 30 minutes on my P.C that has a stock clock G3258 with a GTX 750ti lol I felt as if I was playing a V.R game I felt nauseous with the frame rate.

Top Bottom