• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 – Before The Beginning [SPOILERS]

Ironclad

Shin Johnpv said:
your sarcasim detector should have exploded by now
I don't think it was working in the first place.

Thank you CVX. Awesome summary, and it answered a few questions that were lingering in my mind.

Interesting, looking at the CE Gamestop booklet it combines RE2's Leon A and Leon B endings regarding Ada, saying "She professed her love for Leon before forcing him to let her drop to certain death."

She says she loved him as she dies after saving him from X Tyrant in Leon B, but "dies" right there on the floor. She DOES fall in Leon A but doesn't get the chance to profess her love in that scenario before falling.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Where's REmake and RE0 stuff????? Your fans demand more!

I didn't read the thread cause I didn't want anymore spoilers hey capacom did a good job spoiling some of the game themselves if you let the game go and watch.

Gee thanks I would have really like to have found out Ada was alive through natual progression of the game as well as hunk...thanks. As for umbrella not being finished. Hmm no suprise there this IS capcom and when they say a secret thrid party was involved...hmm who could that be?

Well then there are continuity issues then.

With RE3....nevar!! I just thought Nemisis was a master Archtect/Landscaper who just redid the outside entrance to the Police Department.

Anywho am I the only one who noticed that Jill gets to the RCPD the day BEFORE Leon/Clare, when she gets there the black cop who warns Leon and/or Clare is already dead from his wounds in the exact spot you find him as a Zombie in RE2. So He dies in the cheifs office, gets a little better the next day makes his way to the entrance of the offices to warn Leon and Clare, to make his way back into the chiefs off ice to die agian and turn into a zombie....no no continuity issues here.

cvxfreak

REmake and Zero stuff come tomorrow.

BTW, Marvin was "mortally wounded", not "dead".

Outbreak File 2 makes things very clear.

Good read, CVX. My only major story complaint is
the fact that almost nothing is revealed about Saddler: who he is, how can wield the Plagas at will, etc.

Other than that, I enjoyed RE4's story quite a bit.

Chrono

Banned
This is pretty weird. I searched for this thread and read it just an hour ago. I almost bumped it asking if you’ll update it. o_O

Anyway thanks. You rock sir. XD

Sagitario

CVXFREAK said:
Updated with RE0, REmake and pre-RE0 info.

Thanks, just in time... I got RE4 yesterday (thanks GAF) and started the game today... :D

I played a little bit of REmake (friend's game) and I didn't like it... but RE4 ownz j00! :D

Odnetnin

Banned
great update. I don't have to play RE0 again... :) Don't know if I can after RE4. keke... all that dropping inventory on the floor seems so old hat now.

Chrono

Banned
This almost makes me want to play REmake and Zero. I couldn't get into Resident Evil before though and I doubt I will now (talking about pre-RE4 ones) no matter how intriguing the story is. And now that I started 4 there's just no way. :(

I really didn't suspect Wesker was a bad guy though. o_O

How the hell did he end up with the alpha team going into the mansion? If he was one of the guys behind umbrella shouldn't he be a scientists working in a lab or a businessman -- not some Special Forces agent?

Odnetnin

Banned
Chrono said:
This almost makes me want to play REmake and Zero. I couldn't get into Resident Evil before though and I doubt I will now (talking about pre-RE4 ones) no matter how intriguing the story is. And now that I started 4 there's just no way. :(

I really didn't suspect Wesker was a bad guy though. o_O

How the hell did he end up with the alpha team going into the mansion? If he was one of the guys behind umbrella shouldn't he be a scientists working in a lab or a businessman -- not some Special Forces agent?

Wesker was a mole planted by Umbrella to work in the RPD. His role there was to sabotage their efforts to probe into the Umbrella/RC incident. I believe that's the story behind his involvement with the stars team - what is ultimately surprising is his increasing prominence in the RE storyline. Rather perculiar considering the fact that if you'd gone back and played RE1 (not remake); its not going to register how this is going to turn out. (But then again; Capcom probably didn't plan that far ahead). The road to a credible RE plot is now well and truly underway.

I might play through Remake and RE0 again... :) I actually don't mind tank control. :) That said, the RE engine actually makes so much sense in RE4. Plays like a well lubed engine with the new camera.

Great Wasabi Man said:
I didn't read the thread cause I didn't want anymore spoilers hey capacom did a good job spoiling some of the game themselves if you let the game go and watch.

Gee thanks I would have really like to have found out Ada was alive through natual progression of the game as well as hunk...thanks. As for umbrella not being finished. Hmm no suprise there this IS capcom and when they say a secret thrid party was involved...hmm who could that be?
erm, whered you get that from? thats not hunk, its not even implied.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Odnetnin said:
great update. I don't have to play RE0 again... :) Don't know if I can after RE4. keke... all that dropping inventory on the floor seems so old hat now.
There were a few times I wish I could drop inventory (and come back) in RE 4 though =/

I just need to use my grenades more though, I am too conditioned by the old REs :lol

cuccoo

cvxfreak,

You should make a storyline FAQ at GAMEFAQS.COM. RE series has one of the best storyline ever, someone has to put them together in a faq.

cvxfreak

cuccoo said:
cvxfreak,

You should make a storyline FAQ at GAMEFAQS.COM. RE series has one of the best storyline ever, someone has to put them together in a faq.

There is one on GameFAQs.com, called a Plot Analysis. Thomas Wilde is in the process of updating it.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Great writeup CVX. Is there anywhere I can find some movies of RE:Survivor? The whole plot about Ark loosing his memory and thinking he's the bad guy is very intriguing.

Also Chris was without a doubt my favorite RE Male protaganist before RE4 came out. I think that stems back to my fondness for RE1 over RE2. But now its all about Leon "the beast" Kennedy as his performance in RE4 makes the other so called "Heroes" look like pansies. :lol

Jill is still better than Claire though. :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Great Wasabi Man said:

Ada
was revealed to be alive in Resident Evil 3, BTW. :)

Top Bottom