• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica Releasing This Fall, as Downloadable Games

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
1.Get a TMP.
2. Upgrade it.
3. Pump bullets up their ass until you get the infa-red scope.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Or just run around them :p

Anyway, these achievement/trophy lists are super disappointing. Here's RE5's for reference:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/resident-evil-5/achievements/

In this you have:

*Complete every chapter
*complete every difficulty
*Collect everything (weapons, costumes, emblems, eggs, eggs, ect.)
*Collect all figurines(which means getting the best grades in the campaign)
*Defeat x enemies with y gun
*Do crazy combat stuff like slashing an incoming crossbow bolt or defeating a certain enemy with a knife
*Versus stuff
*DLC Stuff

So, so disappoint.

How About No said:
Or just run around them :p

Anyway, these achievement/trophy lists are super disappointing. Here's RE5's for reference:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/resident-evil-5/achievements/

In this you have:

*Complete every chapter
*complete every difficulty
*Collect everything (weapons, costumes, emblems, eggs, eggs, ect.)
*Collect all figurines(which means getting the best grades in the campaign)
*Defeat x enemies with y gun
*Do crazy combat stuff like slashing an incoming crossbow bolt or defeating a certain enemy with a knife
*Versus stuff
*DLC Stuff

So, so disappoint.

RE5 is one of my 3 Platinums, I had lots of fun doing it...

HolyTaco

ULTROS! said:
Actually what I do is:

1. Shoot them in the leg with a shotgun
2. Avoid their first leap
3. Knife them to death
4. ???
5. Profit

Huh, you can kill regenerators with a knife? Hardcore, I just ran around them, grabbed the IR scope and never had a problem with them. I've only beat RE4 once, looking forward to doing it again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
HolyTaco said:
Huh, you can kill regenerators with a knife? Hardcore, I just ran around them, grabbed the IR scope and never had a problem with them. I've only beat RE4 once, looking forward to doing it again.

Yup, its pretty easy actually. Saw the method in Youtube.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Isn't the "Ring the Mysterious Bell" achievement actually incorrect?

Separate Ways shows us that Ada was the one that rang the bell for Leon.

GuardianE said:
Isn't the "Ring the Mysterious Bell" achievement actually incorrect?

Separate Ways shows us that Ada was the one that rang the bell for Leon.
Maybe you get it only if you shoot the bell when you're at the church (which summons villagers).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
badcrumble said:
Maybe you get it only if you shoot the bell when you're at the church (which summons villagers).

Hm, I guess that makes sense. I'd rather there be an achievement for Ada. :(

Magnus

So ready for this. Been wanting to replay RE4 for ages, but ever since I learned this was coming this year, I've held off and sold all other copies of the game I had.

Forgive me for being a little out of the loop as I ask two questions (just about RE4; couldn't care less about Veronica):

1. The impression I'm getting is that they haven't done much to upgrade the visuals. As far as people can tell (based on impressions/direct-feed video) -- is it at least as competent as RE4's ever been? (Wii version being the best, I think?)

2. Is Move support in?

Thanks!

randomwab

Dreamer RD said:
New gameplay vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9m52xWlJo

Leon in jacket on island LOL

Listening to these guys annoys me, and I don't really know why.

"It debuted on Dreamcast so not everyone got to enjoy it"

What about the PS2 version that sold a fuck ton? Fucking everyone and their mum played Code:Veronica.

I think I'm just angry 'cause I hate C:V. Just hurry up and shit out REmake with the recaptured HD backgrounds. ;_;

Edit: "The story is deeper than any other Resident Evil game that I can remember playing"

i'm out D:

mikeeb13

Banned
Dreamer RD said:
New gameplay vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9m52xWlJo

Leon in jacket on island LOL
debug son, had to jump to a specific area because of time and the jacket stays :dealwithit: lol

randomwab said:

What about the PS2 version that sold a fuck ton? Fucking everyone and their mum played Code:Veronica.

I think I'm just angry 'cause I hate C:V. Just hurry up and shit out REmake with the recaptured HD backgrounds. ;_;

Edit: "The story is deeper than any other Resident Evil game that I can remember playing"

i'm out D:
DC while being one of my faves, wasn't nearly as popular/mass market than say a PS2. It was also day like...5 of SDCC and I am in more sleepless pain/agony than you can probably imagine lol, so I'm a little loopy. In comparison to the numbered RE series, I feel like RECV was overlooked by a lot of folks, I stand by that! Same goes for the story as well... I think it's a little different type of story than 1/2/3, but IMO it's one of the best :)

Solune

so1337 said:
Is it weird that I'm really excited about that?
Nope, throughout all the editions of RE4 I thought this costume would be the most braindead one to include. That jacket is hot no lie.

RedSwirl

randomwab said:

i'm out D:

They should've got someone to present what was going on there who wasn't simultaneously playing the game.

Also is something up with the video feed there because the framerate to me didn't look great for either game. Otherwise, the lighting in CV looks much better than what I remember and RE4 looks like RE4.

Sebastard

Banned
I dont know if it has been asked before. But has there been any news about RE4 or RE0 being released on disc for Xbox 360 in Europe?

Sebastard

Banned
Thats bad. I really like having my games on the shelf as much as I can.

If you speculate, how big is the chance that they realese these games on disc in the future? Considering they havent announced it and the games are old.

fernoca

Sebastard said:
Thats bad. I really like having my games on the shelf as much as I can.

If you speculate, how big is the chance that they realese these games on disc in the future? Considering they havent announced it and the games are old.
Depends. The chance is always there; but at the same time REmake and Zero hasn't been released outside Nintendo platforms...yet. So maybe there are "other things" behind the decisions too.

It will also depend on the version you're looking for. For Xbox 360-retail I guess you'll be fine, but for example.. the Revival Collection-retail on PS3; required you to install each game and have the disc inside anyway. So having it on disc was more like having a physical copy to avoid having to download it. :p

I'm excited. I haven't played this in so long. It sucks that they didn't do a better job with the HD port, but still, the game is great and it's been years and years.

The Praiseworthy said:
Well.... it's true.

CV had the best story and characters and ost between all the RE games.
lol no. It's the game that's generally remembered as the one that completely derailed the RE story from body-horror B-movie into cross-dressing crazytown. Resurrecting Wesker is probably one of the worst plot points in the history of video games, and that's saying a lot.

badcrumble said:
lol no. It's the game that's generally remembered as the one that completely derailed the RE story from body-horror B-movie into cross-dressing crazytown. Resurrecting Wesker is probably one of the worst plot points in the history of video games, and that's saying a lot.

I mean I don't really think people care about the plot points being shitty, RE has always had a shitty plot, but it's still a lot of fun. Therefore CV wasn't insulting to me, plot wise.

RE4 on the other hand.

brandonh83 said:
I mean I don't really think people care about the plot points being shitty, RE has always had a shitty plot, but it's still a lot of fun. Therefore CV wasn't insulting to me, plot wise.

RE4 on the other hand.
RE4 is actually self-aware and hilarious though! It's like DMC3 with even more humor and even less melodrama.

brandonh83 said:
CV is self-aware, at least... dear god I hope it is.
I wish it were, but I'm almost certain that it isn't.

Also, it's the worst in the series for required backtracking (apart from something that is likely to happen in RE0 but doesn't *have* to happen).

Sebastard

Banned
fernoca said:
Depends. The chance is always there; but at the same time REmake and Zero hasn't been released outside Nintendo platforms...yet. So maybe there are "other things" behind the decisions too.

It will also depend on the version you're looking for. For Xbox 360-retail I guess you'll be fine, but for example.. the Revival Collection-retail on PS3; required you to install each game and have the disc inside anyway. So having it on disc was more like having a physical copy to avoid having to download it. :p
Ok thanks for your answer! I think im going to buy both RE4, RE0 and Crysis. Although I would have loved it on my shelf :(

Cheerilee

fernoca said:
As I recall from rumors at the time, there were two different levels of exclusivity contracts for RE on GameCube. There was the exclusivity on the "series" as a whole, and the exclusivity on individual games.

The series contract ended shortly after RE4 Cube was released (and Capcom screwed the Cube version of RE4 by announcing the PS2 version and the upcoming death of the contract shortly before the Cube version launched).

RE1 (or rather, that specific remake of RE1) and RE Zero had individual exclusivity contracts which might still be in effect. They might last forever for all we know.

RE4 might not have ever had it's own exclusivity contract (Capcom wouldn't have let Mikami sign one if RE4's contract process was delayed, because Capcom almost immediately wanted out of the contracts), but I recall a rumor saying that it actually did have an individual contract, but that it was broken when development of the game went over-budget.

Top Bottom