• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 possibly coming to PS4?

Hoje0308

Banned
I don't think that theme indicates anything other than an attempt at making money off of a theme, but yeah, I'd buy RE4 again. Give me a boss mode that you can play in first person and add VR support. Boom dot gif

Zalman

Honestly there is no way this isn't happening. Capcom is all about re-releases these days, and RE seems to be their prime target.

The PlayStation Store is kind of broken right now. You'll get the wrong icons for a bunch of things on the webstore. I mean completely wrong too. I was on the JP webstore and got EU icons for some of the things. Given the theme has nothing to do with RE4 I'd say this is probably what happened.

Of course, Capcom is probably going to port RE4 to PS4 eventually anyway.
This, it happens all the time actually. Last week the PS+ games sections showed a Japanese Senran Kagura icon for me.

Re-released for two generations in a row is not cool.

But fuck it, I'd play it again, just for Mike.

RE4-11.jpg

Mike deserved it.

PLEASE DON'T CALL ME A MONSTER

I don't think we'll be seeing it as a PS2 classic. Capcom is very much in the business of re-(re)releasing/updating at the moment, and next year is their big RE celebration year. Maybe we'll see a collection? Who knows.

Would love to see some DMC4: SE level of attention/updating to games like RE4 but who knows. Probably too much to expect

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This happens. If you browsed the Rock Band 4 DLC when it came out and everything was still messy you had your Yakuza 5 logos on Call Me Maybe and what not. So I don't think this logo is necessarily PS4 related.
But of course I would buy it. Even if I'd rather see it with those GAFer-made textures D:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I passed on the PS3 version because it was a lazy port. Can we expect anything different for ps4?

I'd fucking love RE4 Mercs DLC. More stages, more costumes, more characters, and more chainsaw enemies who happen to be giant. Because.

NoKisum

Is there some world record for how many time a game has been ported? Is RE4 tryimg to break said record?

Re-released for two generations in a row is not cool.

But fuck it, I'd play it again, just for Mike.

RE4-11.jpg

Ahh man, mike was such a good guy...fuck.

As for the topic. I wouldn't buy again. Already own it on gcube, ps2, and PC.

No more releases for me.

If it's the HD re-release that the PC got recently I'll pick it up. So long as they fix the awful resolution in some of the cutscenes (looking at you, Operation: Ada).

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Holy shit you guys Resident Evil 5 is going to 360.

RESIDENT EVIL FANS ARE PLAYSTATION GAMERS. WHAT THE FUCK BETRAYAL IS THIS, CAPCOM.

Grief.exe

If it's the HD re-release that the PC got recently I'll pick it up. So long as they fix the awful resolution in some of the cutscenes (looking at you, Operation: Ada).

Likely can't fix that unless they have access to the originals. Those were pre-rendered.

Kinsei

Banned
Holy shit you guys Resident Evil 5 is going to 360.

RESIDENT EVIL FANS ARE PLAYSTATION GAMERS. WHAT THE FUCK BETRAYAL IS THIS, CAPCOM.

Resident Evil 2 is going to the N64. What the fuck is this bullshit?

Why are we pretending that we're in the past?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You guys are citing outrage of RE going to different platforms, and no one is bringing up the huge outrage back then when REmake, Zero, and RE4 went Gamecube exclusive.

JoshHood

I wouldn't get excited guys, the PlayStation Store has about a 20% chance of having the wrong icons for various bits of content (at least in Europe). Browsing the new releases, or even going through the download list, gives some pretty amusing juxtapositions.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wouldn't get excited guys, the PlayStation Store has about a 20% chance of having the wrong icons for various bits of content (at least in Europe). Browsing the new releases, or even going through the download list, gives some pretty amusing juxtapositions.
You mean this really won't be RE4: Bacon Edition?

Top Bottom