• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Izcarielo

Banned
Playing this right now, but I CANT stand the audio de-sync that happens every time a combat takes place.
I have an i7 2600/580GTX/256SSD, so I dont know what the hell is happening.

strafer

Man, I hate the castle. I can't go on.

I play with headphones and everytime I hear those damn chains and mori es vivir I freak the fuck out, no idea where the sound is coming from and panic like cray.

Kudos for them doing such a scary place. :p

Panzon

I play with headphones and everytime I hear those damn chains and mori es vivir I freak the fuck out, no idea where the sound is coming from and panic like cray.

Haha probably my favorite part of the game. OShit keeps you on your toes in pro mode.

Nethaniah

Bought the game today. Game is crashing on boot. I don't see any splash screens or anything.

Play > crash.

Help?

Same deal, tried deleting the config and redownloading the game two times but nothing's working.

Running it on W8.1

Edit: keep getting Fatal Error : Steam must be running to play this game

I figured it out before I went to work. This game and some other games I have on steam don't like to run with light boost on at the same time. I had to uninstall and reboot. Works fine now. Weird but okay.

Nethaniah

I figured it out before I went to work. This game and some other games I have on steam don't like to run with light boost on at the same time. I had to uninstall and reboot. Works fine now. Weird but okay.

Well that explains it, i have it on all the time, *sigh* guess i'll turn it off then.

Thanks for the answer.

Randam

man, I thought the mouse and keybord controlls would be ... different.
want to be able too walk left and right, when moving my mouse.

and why is there no mouse in the inventory??

Unai

man, I thought the mouse and keybord controlls would be ... different.
want to be able too walk left and right, when moving my mouse.

and why is there no mouse in the inventory??

No mouse controls in the inventory, unfortunately. This actually was known before release.

guys I need help

earlier today I started RE4, it was working flawlessly, I exited the game and I turned off my computer. 6 hours later I turned on the PC and launched RE4, now it crashes whenever I launch it, the typical "Resident Evil 4 has stopped working" error window appears.

tried to fix it by verifying the content, reinstalling the game, directx, c++, but it still crashes

Unai

guys I need help

earlier today I started RE4, it was working flawlessly, I exited the game and I turned off my computer. 6 hours later I turned on the PC and launched RE4, now it crashes whenever I launch it, the typical "Resident Evil 4 has stopped working" error window appears.

tried to fix it by verifying the content, reinstalling the game, directx, c++, but it still crashes

Some people had this error when they were running third party software like msi afterburner and others.

Some people had this error when they were running third party software like msi afterburner and others.

I'm not running anything special, antivirus MSI afterburner, teamviewer, plex server, nothing, just the steam client. this issue is weird because it worked earlier this morning :\

RedSwirl

Is it possible to turn off the texture filtering for the "HD" setting? I want to have the game's new HD textures but I don't like how it filters the remaining textures.

antitrop

I got through the part with the sewers and the invisible enemies today, and the sound design there is really well done.

BBboy20

Ok, I actually almost got the keyboard down but the mouse is still hard to get used to since you have to constantly readjust it when you have to put it back in a comfortable position and when it flexes back to Leon's view.

Santar

Does anybody know if there is a way to unlock professional mode without having to play trough the entire game?
Maybe a cheat, editing of some files or something?
I want to give the game another go but as I haven't played the pc version before I'm stuck on normal and I really wanted to try professional mode as I've never played it before.

Unai

Does anybody know if there is a way to unlock professional mode without having to play trough the entire game?
Maybe a cheat, editing of some files or something?
I want to give the game another go but as I haven't played the pc version before I'm stuck on normal and I really wanted to try professional mode as I've never played it before.

I'm not sure, but I think you can just download a save.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for the mild bump guys, but I'm really interested in (re)playing this for the 46th time and I was wondering, how is the optimization? I don't trust PC ports or whatever anymore, The Evil Within fucked my brain up so I'm asking... will I be able to play this 1080p@60fps?

i5 @2.67GHz
8GB RAM
560 GTX Ti

Also, if playing with a Dual Shock, is there any reason to play the PS3 HD version (released on PSN) instead of this PC version?

robgrab

1080p 60fps is cake with this game (unless there's particle effects on screen). I run this at 4K downsampled to 2560x1080 and still easily get 60fps... unless there's particle effects on screen.

Unai

Sorry for the mild bump guys, but I'm really interested in (re)playing this for the 46th time and I was wondering, how is the optimization? I don't trust PC ports or whatever anymore, The Evil Within fucked my brain up so I'm asking... will I be able to play this 1080p@60fps?

i5 @2.67GHz
8GB RAM
560 GTX Ti

Also, if playing with a Dual Shock, is there any reason to play the PS3 HD version (released on PSN) instead of this PC version?

It will run much better in your PC than it would in your PS3, that's for sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks a bunch guys!

Randam

I think I fucked up.

wanted to start a NG+.
but choosed "new game" and than overwrote my end save at the first typewriter.

I realize my laptop isn't meant for gaming but I bought this against my better judgement. It's not really running well even when I put everything on the lowest settings. Very sluggish framerate. And the audio is skipping ahead.

robgrab

I played through the entire game when it first came out and it ran perfect, other than enemies weapons floating in the air after I killed them. Audio sync issues crept in with some of the later patches. I eventually downgraded and that fixed it. I believe I'm running 1.0.2 now (not sure about that though).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I realize my laptop isn't meant for gaming but I bought this against my better judgement. It's not really running well even when I put everything on the lowest settings. Very sluggish framerate. And the audio is skipping ahead.

You should try setting it to 30fps mode if you haven't.

It is kind of game breaking but it would have been neat if QLOC had included the Wiimote style aiming as an option for the sake of being complete (you can aim with a floating reticule prior to actually holding up the gun with the Wii rules).

Hodders

Neo Member
I've got a bit of a weird issue and i wondered if anyone else had suffered the same?

Basically the game has become unplayable to me, this is due to the camera constantly re alligning itself to be facing the left after every time i press a button. Also the "run" button has started bringing up the map, although "Y" should be (and does) perform this task.

The annoying thing is that i put over 20hrs into the game back in March, without this issue at all.

I have redownloaded the game 3 times, tried 2 different controllers, recalibrated the controller etc but to no avail.

Any advice? I'n pulling my hair out a bit.

Hodders

Neo Member
Just to add to the above, the game works fine with Keyboard & Mouse I've discovered. And my 360 controller works perfectly with many other PC game.

Strange!

Kilrathi

So I started playing RE4 again, and now whenever I selection the Options menu the game crash or press escape during gameplay the game crash too.

not sure what causing this issue, Im using the new amd omega drivers

Unai

So I started playing RE4 again, and now whenever I selection the Options menu the game crash or press escape during gameplay the game crash too.

not sure what causing this issue, Im using the new amd omega drivers

Are you using MSI Afterburner, fraps, or some other kind of overlay?

The game keeps crashing on me on 3-2 in the maze. Like as soon as I enter it and kill a few dogs, it crashes.

I already tried verifying the game cache.

Mr_Zombie

If you're playing in the 60fps mode, try switching to 30fps. 60fps can be pretty buggy sometimes (or at least it was when I was playing the game near its release on Steam).

Spladam

Playing with mouse and keyboard is so bad that I literally gave up after less than 1 hour of playing. Never had much issue with the game on GC or 360.

Anyone using the 360 controller, does it control just like on 360?

I'm actually having an easier time on the PC with the 360 controller then I did with the GC controller, the shooting galleries are easier for me (this is like my 12th time through it, but I haven't played it since I went through it 4 or 5 times on the Wii 4 years ago). So yeah, the 360 pad works great. Has all the correct QTE cues and everything. Have not tried the M/K since it first released, as that was not all that good then, but might try that again.

If you're playing in the 60fps mode, try switching to 30fps. 60fps can be pretty buggy sometimes (or at least it was when I was playing the game near its release on Steam).
I'm playing on 30 on the lowest settings lol

The only other time the game kept crashing on me was in the chapter where you first run into the plagas at night, right after the del lago fight

New PC. Reloaded resident evil 4 on steam. Now I cannot get it to launch. I'm not having success finding a solution online. Any ideas?
Dunno, never had that problem before.

I'm actually playing
Ada's Separate Ways
for the first time since I only played it on GameCube and am finding them very well done and fun. A great epilogue or sorts for sure, despite some uh, interesting set pieces.

andthebeatgoeson

Unfortunately, it seems like a small problem. When you google it or look on the Steam forums, it happens to a few. Damn it.

Just to update: I played it on another computer, laptop, windows 7. Just upgraded to a new laptop, windows 10, gtx 970 m, 16 gb ram. I click the game in steam and it does nothing. Never starts. Damn it.

andthebeatgoeson

Sorry to keep posting:
Followed some links. Found how to change the config file to make it launch in a windowed screen. That allows the game to actually run. Before, it wouldn't even launch. I would see the first notification that Steam was doing something and it seemed like the game never launched. Now, the windowed game actually runs but it's a completely black screen.

I can hear sound, can even move thru the options based on the sound, I even got a new game running (I can tell by the movie launching and hearing Leon, even probably made it to the bridge). I've used screen shots of the starting screen to get to the options (press down twice). But other than that, I've got nothing. And when I tried to take a screen shot thru stream, it just gives me black screens.

Any ideas?

Just for reference: new laptop, MSI GT72 1667 i7-5700HQ, 16 GB ram.

I was considering partitioning on of my drives and loading windows 7 onto it. Then trying to use that. I would have to see if I have a copy around.

Edit: nevermind. Just a simple driver update. Laptop ships, ready to go but I guess that CD is useful. I feel like an ass.

Top Bottom