• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 = PS3 Exclusive???

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldboy1

Banned
1up podcast

Get to about 55 minutes 10 seconds in in and you'll discover this quote:

1up staffer 1:(After wagering the Microsoft and THQ have done a deal for Smackdown vs Raw 2007 next-gen exclusivity, which actually makes a bit of sense) "Right now a lot of the games you think are multi-platform next-gen games coming out on both PS3, 360 and Wii are going to end up on only one console... this fall. Get ready."

1up staffer 2: "So... well... what do you know?"

1up staffer 1: "I don't know a lot and I don't know if its going to be announced and this is just pure speculation from me based on intelligence I've gathered... (background giggles)... TGS... Resident Evil 5 PS3 exclusive."

1up staffer 3: "Yeah, I can see that."
Hmmm...

Originally posted over on GR by nn*a

It was very much just personal speculation by Shane, I don't think he really has any solid info, at least that's the way it came off when I heard it.

Too bad Sony has lost lots of their market share in Japan already, Capcom deserves more money than it will get for the successor to one of the top 3 games of this generation. But then again, maybe it doesn't deserve more if it made the bad decision to make it exclusive lols lols

jett

D-Member
GitarooMan said:
It was very much just personal speculation by Shane, I don't think he really has any solid info, at least that's the way it came off when I heard it.

Oh, Shane huh? Nothing to see here folks, made up "rumors" by a sonybot.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That would be fantastic. It is better if they focus on one machine rather than split their teams between two of them. If it were to be released on 360 as well, it would be better if they did so after it had been completed on PS3. The other way around would be fine as well.

I'll own all of the machines, so I gain nothing from multiplatform releases.

Too bad Sony has lost lots of their market share in Japan already, Capcom deserves more money than it will get for the successor to one of the top 3 games of this generation.
1) Why even mention Japan? The 360 has NO marketshare in Japan, so the creation of any 360 software would limit those sales to only two territories.

2) We can't predict what will happen with PS3.

3) RE4 was created for the Gamecube first and foremost, despite being the least successful home console last generation (excluding Dreamcast).

4) If it must be multiplatform, the RE4 route is best (as it will not disrupt the initial creation of the game).

TheKingsCrown said:
Too bad Sony has lost lots of their market share in Japan already, Capcom deserves more money than it will get for the successor to one of the top 3 games of this generation. But then again, maybe it doesn't deserve more if it made the bad decision to make it exclusive lols lols

Wait, how do you lose marketshare when the system isn't even out yet? You aren't seriously comparing it with X360 performance in Japan are you?

If anything it's the western release that's more important as they actually give a damn about X360.

xaosslug

TheKingsCrown said:

:lol

Elios83

It would be the best thing.
They could port it on 360 later as they did with RE4 on PS2.
But I wouldn't give this much credit at the moment.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
TheKingsCrown said:

..this troll am sucky.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Wait, how do you lose marketshare when the system isn't even out yet? You aren't seriously comparing it with X360 performance in Japan are you?

If anything it's the western release that's more important as they actually give a damn about X360.
Stop using logic.

I know it's mere speculation. But that would be one hell of a turnover, especially since Capcom announced it for the Xbox 360.

It would be incredibly stupid, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom