• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

It'd be definitely interesting to see if Capcom would make a Resident Evil 1-3 game with the MT framework. I have no real hope that RE6 is going to be like this. But if the game is like RE5, I can expect a funny Michael-Bay-Like ride.

Hiltz

Well Capcom, I didn't expect it but you surprised me with the game set for release this year.
So we can expect Chinese zombies that know kung fu?

StuBurns

Banned
It's really important for the Vita and WiiU to have RE6 on it. Not sure how much third-party support either gets ever if it can't get a version of this.

Also, I loved RE4, but I've never played RE5. I heard the setpieces were designed worse and the forced co-op was poor, is that the general consensus? I'm still interested...
Why is it more important to be on PSV than 3DS?

I imagine a WiiU version will come (and a PC version too) though.

it's:
Chris + pahtnah
Leon + partner
Ada unlockable
Mystery playable character

no bro-op right off the bat, but Chris and Leon's stories overlap

wrowa

Sweet! Can't wait to see some gameplay. Also please be developed in house at Capcom and not outsourced.

It is. IGN is pretty much re-reporting a rumor from earlier today.

That means:
-It's developed in Japan
-The gameplay is supposed to be in between RE4 and RE5

Quite possibly, but it still runs the risk of doing less than having the entire field to itself.

Depends on just how big November gets this year.

well BLOPS 2 will, in all likelihood, be released the week prior.

I'm with Wario though. It'll get pushed to the following March.

Satchel

Banned
Wait, they're going up directly against Halo 4?

Yikes.

PS3 version to outsell 360 version for the first month confirmed. Either way, I'm waiting for the Resident Evil 6 Super Deluxe Golden GOTY Edition.

The gameplay details seem uhh weird. I hope they aren't call of dutying resident evil with the globetrotting and all that. They say they want to strike a balance between 4 and 5, I don't get that either. Why not just aim for something like 4 with better controls lol.
I'm interpreting it more like they're trying to strike a balance between horror and action, similar to what they tried to do with 4 and 5 (implying that those games strike the same balance, which I would disagree with).

Here it is again:
IGN said:
That same report suggests this game is being styled after both Resident Evil 4 and 5, attempting to find a middle ground between horror and action.

I'd be shocked if Claire weren't Leon or Christ's opposite player.

So it's pretty much

Leon/somebody
Chris/somebody
Ada quest
Mystery character quest

wrowa

Why is it more important to be on PSV than 3DS?

I imagine a WiiU version will come (and a PC version too) though.

I can't imagine Capcom passing on a Wii U version. Since they have a capable engine going it's probably an easy port, and I can't imagine that they will say "no" to making a quick buck. If Capcom's 3DS support is any indication Capcom will probably one of the leading supporters of the console in the beginning.

ilMikhail

holy shit yeeeeeeeeess

Leon and Chris :D 2012 , love RE5 , love pre RE4 games , I dont care what road Capcom takes , still day one

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
No Wii U logo makes ubie sad.

You have a PS3 or 360 right? Nothing about WiiU will make this game any better.

And reading the IGN link, more action horror akin to RE4 and 5? FAIL. Damnit. Will hold more judgement until more solid info and video comes in.

Top Bottom