• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If this takes place in 2012 then:

Rebecca - 31
Leon - 35
Chris - 39

Man, I wonder if RE will still be alive when they reach 70.

jiqkys.jpg

Ashley_Resident_Evil_4.jpg

iydf.jpg

Face is closer to Rebecca's IMO.

Teknoman

Running on RE4 engine?
I was hoping for MT Frameworks x.x

I like the china scene though.....there was a shit load of lights in that scene...I like lights :)

Capcom internal stuff runs on MT framework. Glad the site turned out to be RE6, and im glad co-op is there, as long as its not forced/a seperate mode. Kinda nice to have another RE with seperate stories that meet.

Anteater

That looks good, sure the trailer has a lot of explosions :lol, but can't wait to see more and how it plays.

There probably is a lot of meaty contents basing on the trailer, so I think it has a lot of potentials, this is like the first trailer too.

I was expecting more of a teaser than a trailer to be honest...

I didn't leave disappointed. Very short to get any real idea of Leon's story but looks good and should contrast well with the Chris sections it seems. Don't know how to take 3rd guy though.
As long as it's more Devil May Cry than Infamous i'm down for it.

Can't wait!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
One of my cousins, who's a competitive surfer, (and pushing 50) is like the original bro gamer. He loved the first few RE games and hates RE4 and RE5.
He might like this. The cutscenes will probably bother him, though.

Looks great, especially after RE5. I really hope the Leon section is more RE4, while the Chris sections are more... Gears of War, which so many people seem to want.

I'll be there Day 1 if it's on Wii U and offers Wiimote controls. I couldn't go back to the old controls on RE5.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Kotaku really said that?

No idea. The comment was really out there and random, so my response was appropriately wacky. I wouldn't put it past them.

Ah.. Pretty good trailer...not enough Wesker (j/k).

I understand why people are going the whole "dudebro" angle, but I thought that Leon and Chris are in different places at the same time (a la RE2s story) so doesn't that mean no co-op?

Also, did they give any more info for the PS3 Chronicles ports?

Rinoa

Rebecca - 31
Leon - 35
Chris - 39

Face is closer to Rebecca's IMO.

Leon looks older than 35, considering how relatively youthful in the face for his age he looked in RE4.

haikira

Could only find the released artwork in a portrait version like this.

So decided to throw this together for my desktop. Hardly a big deal, but just thought someone may get some use out of it.

ULTROS! said:

Rebecca - 31
Leon - 35
Chris - 39

The President said "ten years" since Raccoon City, or about 2008. He could be rounding though so it might be more like 2009-2010.

Nizz

I hope MT Framework fares a little better on PS3 this time. RE5 was still a great looking game but the framerate was better on 360 on there were some missing effects I believe. Hope there's more parity in RE6.

Rinoa

Could only find the released artwork in a portrait version like this.

So decided to throw this together for my desktop. Hardly a big deal, but just thought someone may get some use out of it.

Leon looks much better here, all he needs to do is shave.

Thought that was Luis behind him for a hot second...

Xpliskin

“From the outset the team’s intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror. We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers.”

By this they mean they're separate? Right?

Jharp

Fuck the original games, they were terrible and outdone by Silent Hill in every way.

Just base every aspect of the game on RE4 and we're cool.

Edgeward

Don't care about it lacking horror elements as long as they improve on the action from 5, ie movement like Dead Space, and have awesome co-op I'm so there.

Anteater

Don't care about it lacking horror elements as long as they improve on the action from 5, ie movement like Dead Space, and have awesome co-op I'm so there.

It's probably not very hard to add in horror. Just need better controls, more variety of creepy enemies (tone down the military gun dudes), and it's probably going to be decent. The trailer was just made for hype with the explosions, main game could be different.

What I don't get from the oldschool fans not being happy is this:

capcom split their game in 3 freakin' campaigns.
1 for horror (leon) (with a freakin' MT-framework raccoon city experience)
2 for dude-bro resident kill switch (chris)
3 for uncharted-ish+melee/coop (cole mcEvil) (not much info about that one)

AND re:revelations is coming out next week which is geared towards puzzles, horror etc ...

EVERYONE should be happy. If you're a business you can't just choose one type of clients over another. Capcom solved this problem yet people complain.
This is so irrational.

It's not irrational. Personally, I'd prefer a game that feels like a sequel to Resident Evil 4 in terms of environment design, tone, and atmosphere. If the majority of RE6 is comprised of numbers 2 and 3 on your list, then I probably won't be interested.

PKrockin

It's so funny comparing the REmake trailer to this.

I hope the plot doesn't take itself too seriously. I want more cheesy dialogue and one-liners.

I really like how they're taking the more traditional survival horror games to handhelds and "action blockbuster" games to consoles. That should satisfy everyone
but it won't

Replicant

I find Leon hotter now, and he looks like Dante.

This. He looks hotter now whereas before he looks like Leonardo Douchecaprio complete with emo bangs from Titanic-era. I guess they're now trying to make him look more like the actor who portrays him in RE: Retribution.

Edgeward

It's probably not very hard to add in horror. Just need better controls, more variety of creepy enemies (tone down the military gun dudes), and it's probably going to be decent. The trailer was just made for hype with the explosions, main game could be different.

Not too sure about that for me, games that give better action also put you in a position of power that the only fear is of having to restart something and do it all over again. It's why I don't find Dead Space or RE4/5 scary because the tools given made you such a badass that you rarely feel helpless or overwhelmed usually. Unless they just throw a shit ton of enemies at you. But I also had more fun in those games so it's okay.

Top Bottom