• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 DEMO VER. Thread: Capcom's final chance for redemption

TheBlade

Neo Member
Pictures of thing's campaign have now leaked on the website posted before.

So have the online maps.

Wow major spoilers 3 months till the release, how will capcom get through this? Someone make a big story on this XD

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just checked out the pictures. Some of those places look like they could be cool.

But im really interested in the how big each chapter is.

and yay at an Ada campaign!

Pictures of thing's campaign have now leaked on the website posted before.

So have the online maps.

Wow major spoilers 3 months till the release, how will capcom get through this? Someone make a big story on this XD
A major plot twist was leaked back in january for RE6. Capcpom will manage.

Ada has a campaign also, so most likely 20. And each chapter is split into stages like BH4 and BH5.

It appears Ada will have 5 as well. It looks like some characters will share some settings. I think all 4 campaigns have one chapter in the chinese city. Ada's campaign looks like it also shares an additional setting with Leon in a spooky looking place. It's kind of hard to tell with Chris and Jake on some scenarios since they look rather similar in different parts of a city but who knows for sure. I'm curious if certain areas like Leon's campaign will allow full exploration and backtracking through the area or if once you clear a section in a chapter you can never go back without replaying. I'm sure Chris' campaign will be just like RE5. However, I'm hoping some of Leon and Jake's settings will be more explorable with backtracking.

I'm watching some of these melee montages right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUC2e9wWbcw&feature=plcp

It's funny how all characters have become full blown wrestlers. Wouldn't be surprised if Frank West shows up.

Wow, no kidding. Straight up Lucha Libre moves now. At least Mercenaries will be amusing.

Speaking of, was there ever any confirmation on the 6 player Mercs rumor?

EDIT: I gotta say, I'm kinda hating the different HUDs. The game doesn't look cohesive. And it can't be stated enough how bad the camera is in Chris' section. He's IN THE WAY in a lot of these videos I watch. Not good placement.

FartOfWar

Banned
Wow, no kidding. Straight up Lucha Libre moves now. At least Mercenaries will be amusing.

Speaking of, was there ever any confirmation on the 6 player Mercs rumor?

EDIT: I gotta say, I'm kinda hating the different HUDs. The game doesn't look cohesive. And it can't be stated enough how bad the camera is in Chris' section. He's IN THE WAY in a lot of these videos I watch. Not good placement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW0uOMwFeYE

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Should we make a seperate topic for spoilers? Now with tools to rip the RE6 demo textures and models, there are a lot of spoilers I could post but since this is discussion for the demo I was wondering if we should have a separate topic for all of the spoilers being unearthed...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nice find! It looks like there will be that camera adjust option.

Yes. You can also change laser sight color or aiming speed.

5555555wjakz.png

GT preview (starts at 3:05)

Lucent

I completely disagree with this.

Let the player decide what works for them. Respect their intelligence. This isn't an art game, it's a game about moving around and controlling space. Let the player use your tools from wherever they feel most comfortable. It doesn't affect the balance or nature of the systems.

Yes. And remember how GTA did it? They gave you multiple camera options for on foot and vehicle. I loved being able to decide what view I wanted depending on what I was doing. But on this game, I'm gonna want the view that was done by the guy playing during the conference. I don't really like the demo view at all. =l

blixa

Banned
Should we make a seperate topic for spoilers? Now with tools to rip the RE6 demo textures and models, there are a lot of spoilers I could post but since this is discussion for the demo I was wondering if we should have a separate topic for all of the spoilers being unearthed...

interested in this. a new thread would be good.

Sojgat

The fact all this stuff is customizable really solves a lot of the problems I had with demo. Now if Capcom can just improve that tearing (and maybe the loading times).

Ein Bear

The fact all this stuff is customizable really solves a lot of the problems I had with demo. Now if Capcom can just improve that tearing (and maybe the loading times).

Yeah, being able to customise stuff is a massive plus.

Swap out the rubbish aiming reticule for the laser sight, and pull back the camera. As in all things, the key to improving the game is to make it more like Resident Evil 4.

Dusk Golem

Yeah, being able to customise stuff is a massive plus.

Swap out the rubbish aiming reticule for the laser sight, and pull back the camera. As in all things, the key to improving the game is to make it more like Resident Evil 4.

Keep in mind in the demo you can change the aiming reticule to the laser sight, it's in the demo's options menu.

Ein Bear

Keep in mind in the demo you can change the aiming reticule to the laser sight, it's in the demo's options menu.

Oh yeah, sorry, I know. Actually, it's amazing at what a difference it makes - I couldn't hit anything with the reticule, but with the laser sight I was popping heads left and right.

Was disappointed that the 'classic' aiming setup only swapped the sticks you used to aim though. I was hoping for a RE4/RE5 (was it the default in 5, or an option? I can't remember) control scheme, where you hold R to aim and X to shoot. Hopefully the final has it.

LuuKyK

Ada has a campaign also, so most likely 20. And each chapter is split into stages like BH4 and BH5.

Fuck. Yes. I remember the first time we heard about RE6 there was a rumour about Ada having a campaign, so this confirms it. Color me happy! :)

Dusk Golem

I want to be excited about
the Ada campaign
, but it just reeks of on-disc DLC...

If IGN's leak is true, which it seems to be, Ada's campaign is unlocked after beating the other three characters campaigns.
Making a spoiler thread right now, FYI.

Ein Bear

If IGN's leak is true, which it seems to be, Ada's campaign is unlocked after beating the other three characters campaigns.

Oh cool, that's definitely encouraging then, fingers crossed!

-_- Thanks for reminding me that it IS CAPCPOM that we are talking about here. I really hope you are wrong though.

Writhe in my cage of torment, my friend. :p

Dunno if this has already been talked about in this thread, but I found a way to infinitely stunlock Ustanak with Jake. Use the lock-on thrust punch on him, then as it ends, hit back on the stick and A to backflip away. As long as you keep the left trigger held, Jake will do the thrust punch again after the backflip, allowing you to repeat the process. A dodge in another direction can also work, but the backflip is quickest.

Also, Sherry can perform a second strike with her stun rod if you hold the right trigger after its normal attack, and it becomes very powerful if you hold it long enough.

PSYGN

C'MON! C'MON! C'MON! DUSK GOLEM! HURRY! C'MON! DUSK GOLEM! HURRY! HURRY!

Can't wait for that thread. I'm too lazy to Google or register on a forum just to see it.

Margalis

Banned
The melee in 5 was not very good compared to 4, this looks a lot better. 4 has the awesome kicks and suplexes and such, then 5 just had punches that didn't look cool or have much oomph.

rozay

Banned
Every link in this thread for the demo files is down. Can anyone post one that won't get taken down within hours?

Lucent

I know the RE6 demo doesn't hit the PS3 until September, but has anybody tried using their demo code on the PS Store? I tried it for the hell of it but it said it was invalid and stuff. Probably because it's not even on there to be pulled yet. Just thought I'd try to get the "token". lol

xtianmarq

I really enjoyed the demo but like others here I was really put off by the screen tearing and the jiggly camera...it's pretty bad. I popped RE5 in and played through a bit of that...some screen tearing here and there but nowhere near as bad as the RE6 demo.

That said...I do have full faith that Capcom will resolve these issues before release....this is probably a pretty early build of the demo and they do have some time to fix before the game goes gold.

Lucent

XBL codes and SEN codes aren't the same.

I know. I just for those who got the PS3 version of Dragon's Dogma, has anyone used their code on PS3. I know you can't use PS3 codes on 360 and the other way around. Especially since 360 codes use 25 digits while PS3 codes only use 12.

EDIT: My question was basically meant to see if they also got a message say'n that the code is invalid, etc. I just tried to do it to see if I could just get it out of the way in the off chance I happen to lose it or something. I don't think I've ever heard of being able to download a PS3 demo on a usb stick or burn it to a DVD/CD like you can with 360 demos.

Neff

I tried my PSN code for kicks, and it said it was invalid, so there's probably nothing wrong, it's just not available to redeem yet.

As for the 360 demo, even as a hardcore old skool/new skool RE fan, I'm really, really loving the new play elements and visual style. The wait for the full game is going to be difficult.

Top Bottom