• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

JoeFenix

The deborah cutscene in chapter 2? She says that they're playing a dangerous game with the people running the country... Maybe there?

If not then I'm gonna have to give up for now haha!

Noi

Jake's Chapter 3:
Is it bad that I spent a good 10 minutes drooling over Shirtless!Jake? ;-;

Considering all the people who did the same for Sherry... you're a saint in comparison.
KuGsj.gif

The deborah cutscene in chapter 2? She says that they're playing a dangerous game with the people running the country... Maybe there?

If not then I'm gonna have to give up for now haha!

I'm gonna have to ask a new question at this rate. :p

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of wish Mercs would save replays and had a screenshot tool, a la Uncharted 2. I spent too much time in that game adjusting camera angles, tint, depth of field, and taking photos of cool stuff that was happening all around me.

Bladenic

Can't stop listening to Jake's ending theme song. So cheesy, yet so good. Reminds me of something out of Sonic honestly.

Speaking of, I need to listen to the OST on youtube, the music in the game is pretty great. Nothing will ever top Sad but True in my eyes (ears?) though.

Grisby

I kind of wish Mercs would save replays and had a screenshot tool, a la Uncharted 2. I spent too much time in that game adjusting camera angles, tint, depth of field, and taking photos of cool stuff that was happening all around me.
Capcom could have used more time. I know they put it out a month early but I bet you the missing costume stuff in SP was due to time constraints.

Astral

Can't stop listening to Jake's ending theme song. So cheesy, yet so good. Reminds me of something out of Sonic honestly.

Speaking of, I need to listen to the OST on youtube, the music in the game is pretty great. Nothing will ever top Sad but True in my eyes (ears?) though.

You believed in my heart's desire
You believed I could walk through fire ~

I think the song would've been better if it had no vocals. When Sherry
put her hand on Jake's and the guitar started playing it put smile on my face.
Overall though, I think the music was kind of disappointing. Nothing stands out as much as Sad but True or Winds of Madness or even Pray.

IrishNinja

oh my glob, the boss chase scene in chapter 5 with chris is the worst thing evarrrrrrr

im keeping up with pliers or whatever as best i can, sliding under that one pipe...fatty chris always fails. one time we made it up top, no idea what to do cause the door was locked and then boom he kills us anyway

seriously how do you guys do this bit, can i switch and just play as piles and let the cpu be fatty chris instead

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I could have sworn at the end of the chapter at guns you may have missed are unlocked?

IrishNinja

tried a different controller, put the game on ninja dog amateur...still running from this dumb boss

honestly capcom, who told you this shit was fun

Noi

Shotgun + Quick shot. Follow her around like a stalker but run the minute she farts.

I only had the Picador, Hidra and sniper rifle, but we managed to take her out in no time with a barrage of incendiaries and unloading all of my picador ammo on it with Firearm Lv3/Zombie Killer 2. Died the fastest that I'd seen yet!

Replicant

I only had the Picador, Hidra and sniper rifle, but we managed to take her out in no time with a barrage of incendiaries and unloading all of my picador ammo on it with Firearm Lv3/Zombie Killer 2. Died the fastest that I'd seen yet!

I forgot to say that Sniper Rifle in Quickshot Mode ALWAYS works wonder on big enemies like her or Napad. It always delight me at how quick these creature keel over being Rifled at such close quarter.

You're welcome to stay around for the tongue in throat grope from her. Ick. Nasty.

Nemesis_

Kind of weird / gross that Lepotitsa was supposedly modelled after
Ada Wong. She was failed attempts to create an Ada clone

Replicant

Kind of weird / gross that Lepotitsa was supposedly modelled after
Ada Wong. She was failed attempts to create an Ada clone

:/ I really did not need that additional information. Thanks for ruining my day.

Although that explains why
she keeps shoving her tongue down Leon's throat
. Vile creature.

Whompa

Just beat Leon's campaign. A third of the single player portion, of the entire game disc, is better than the entirety of RE5.

Bladenic

I could never see myself saying RE6 is better than 5. I mean, who knows, maybe I'll chance my opinion after replaying 6 some more and whatnot, but definitely not now. Amongst other things, RE5 has much better boss fights and an overall more realized setting and locales.

undrtakr900

I downloaded the demo when it came out last month, but from all the negative press/reviews I avoided it. But now after playing it, I think it's a dam fun game. Sure it has its flaws(ie. somewhat clunky controls and wonky cover system) but I still had a good time with it. Even played through twice, once in single and again in coop.

I love the melee system, my coop partner and I tried to play through only using melee attacks, it was going well till we ran out of stamina lol. It was also great that I didn't have to babysit my A.I. partner and s/he could handle themselves, even saving my ass a few times.... though the demo defaults to easy, don't know how they fare on higher difficulties?

I only played the demos of RE5 & RE6, but from what I played I'd give the nod to RE6. If only I had more leisure time in my life I'd pick up the retail copy.

Bladenic

You believed in my heart's desire
You believed I could walk through fire ~

I think the song would've been better if it had no vocals. When Sherry
put her hand on Jake's and the guitar started playing it put smile on my face.
Overall though, I think the music was kind of disappointing. Nothing stands out as much as Sad but True or Winds of Madness or even Pray.

The vocals make it imo haha. And I agree, I mean there are some tunes that I was like "wow this is good" but nothing as memorable from the get go as the songs you mentioned. RE5 has extremely good boss fight tunes though, RE6 doesn't seem to match it. RE6 OST seems better than 4 at least, though there's no Serenity equivalent.

News Bot

Banned
Most OSTs are better than BH4. They really dropped the ball with that game's music, outside of a few select tracks like Serenity or End and Aim.

destrudo

Speaking of RE music, I really loved Wesker's theme from RE4 Mercs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVMDEYjns8E
But Outbreak still has the best theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc671bo3fbw

oh my glob, the boss chase scene in chapter 5 with chris is the worst thing evarrrrrrr

im keeping up with pliers or whatever as best i can, sliding under that one pipe...fatty chris always fails. one time we made it up top, no idea what to do cause the door was locked and then boom he kills us anyway

seriously how do you guys do this bit, can i switch and just play as piles and let the cpu be fatty chris instead

This might be the worst section in the game for me... and it's so much worse when playing co-op. I can pretty much S rank the whole game at this point, but that one part I always die at least once. It's like your timing has to be pretty much perfect.

Nemesis_

RE5 had that terrible Lost Planet design philosophy with it's bosses and it really hampers it.

Not to mention everything felt lazily thrown together from old RE4 prototypes, though aesthetically I guess they did look quite interesting.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't listened to it outside of the game, but I thought the way music was cued in RE4 was incredible. I still remember the music from RE4, whereas I can't remember any of the generic action-movie strings from RE5 or 6. I suppose I remember the Arabic-sounding vocal track from RE5, from the trailer.

Daigoro

Speaking of RE music, I really loved Wesker's theme from RE4 Mercs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVMDEYjns8E
But Outbreak still has the best theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc671bo3fbw

This might be the worst section in the game for me... and it's so much worse when playing co-op. I can pretty much S rank the whole game at this point, but that one part I always die at least once. It's like your timing has to be pretty much perfect.

oh man good call on the Outbreak theme. i havent heard that in a few years. so good. thanks for posting it.

i miss that game.

Bittercup

Do I have to play online for ResidentEvil.net to recognize my progress?
I started the game yesterday and chose offline in the campaign menu (the PS3 was still connected to my PSN account and I agreed to upload data in the RE6 options) and RE.net doesn't show any of my progress so far. Just 16min played which might be from the Prologue.
If so, do I have any disadvantage? I heard the game doesn't save properly during chapters if you play online and you have to play a chapter in one sitting or else start over again. At least that was the reason why I chose offline.

Nemesis_

I haven't listened to it outside of the game, but I thought the way music was cued in RE4 was incredible. I still remember the music from RE4, whereas I can't remember any of the generic action-movie strings from RE5 or 6. I suppose I remember the Arabic-sounding vocal track from RE5, from the trailer.

I remember more of RE5 and RE6 than RE4 (besides Serenity of course).

I guess it's opinion? ;_; RE5 especially had some killer tracks such as the one during the Wesker battle and the
Jill
battle.

Though I suppose RE5 could come across as being generic action movie orchestral pieces.

iavi

If only the whole game was like the end of Leon 2 (
including Ada as your main partner)
this game would have been so much better.

The banter between those two is still the best in the series. Leon's
smirk when Ada ziplined off was hilarious

Nemesis_

If only the whole game was like the end of Leon 2 (
including Ada as your main partner)
this game would have been so much better.

The banter between those two is still the best in the series. Leon's
smirk when Ada ziplined off was hilarious

You'll love Leon V.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Do I have to play online for ResidentEvil.net to recognize my progress?
I started the game yesterday and chose offline in the campaign menu (the PS3 was still connected to my PSN account and I agreed to upload data in the RE6 options) and RE.net doesn't show any of my progress so far. Just 16min played which might be from the Prologue.
If so, do I have any disadvantage? I heard the game doesn't save properly during chapters if you play online and you have to play a chapter in one sitting or else start over again. At least that was the reason why I chose offline.

It includes all games, RE.NET right now is just a little slow to update game progress. Usually happens somewhere after a day after you've progressed, guessing having to do with the site and game still updating along with a lot of players right now.

Top Bottom