• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

def sim

Still no release date for the PC version? I've done all there is to do in this game with my co-op partner, but I'd like to revisit it on a platform where I can fix some of my issues. I'm probably going to sell my copy while people want it at an alright price.

Ninjimbo

Sherry is definitely my favorite thing about this game,
Now its time to redeem Rebecca Capcom(Outside of being a badass is Mercs Reunion).
I'm down for more Rebecca. She shouldn't have disappeared from canon.

But back to Sherry, that Stun Rod is just awesome. So fucking handy. And the flying kick? Probably my favorite melee in the game.

Astral

I just beat
Ada's
campaign. I loved it. This and Leon's are probably my favorite campaigns. I thought it was better than
Separate Ways since Separate Ways got really stupid near the end.
What was up with that scene at the end though?
Jake's in the Middle East? The B.O.W.s are still around?

After finishing Leon's campaign and entering the final chapter of Chris', I definitely feel like RE6 got a lot of hate that it doesn't deserve. It has some really annoying mechanics, and design oversights, yes, but the game really is entertaining and enjoyable. The only thing that really bothers me profusely is the lock-on camera angles that are scattered throughout. Other than that, thus far, I feel like the game's been a good mix of action and horror elements and does take the series forward in ways. Looking forward to playing the rest of the game.

Uh the 150th enemy on Mining the Depths better not be a chicken again.

Lol I hated that in RE5.

I just hit #7 on the Solo Leaderboards (Rail Yard, Default Ada). God the Ammo Box is garbage...to top it all off I can never seem to kill 150 enemies without Time Bonus equipped.

Noi

I was hoping to pawn my pre-order code for the catacombs merc level somewhere, but I'm being incredibly lazy about it, haha. I don't want just anyone to claim it, so instead, I'll give away my code for The Catacombs mercenaries stage (PS3) to the first person to quote this with the answer to this question: Use spoiler tags if needed.

During the entirety of RE6, which characters mention that they're tired of playing cat and mouse and when?

Gone now~

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I was hoping to pawn my pre-order code for the catacombs merc level somewhere, but I'm being incredibly lazy about it, haha. I don't want just anyone to claim it, so instead, I'll give away my code for The Catacombs mercenaries stage (PS3) to the first person to quote this with the answer to this question: Use spoiler tags if needed.

During the entirety of RE6, which characters mention that they're tired of playing cat and mouse?

Chis and Piers...

Even if I'm right I don't want to take your code from you
even though I want it

JoeFenix

During the entirety of RE6, which characters mention that they're tired of playing cat and mouse and when?

Jake and Sherry?

Ken

Oh man I don't like Ada2's kit; I never feel like I have the firepower to take out any special enemies.

Ada1's okay I guess.

JoeFenix

Ada might say it but I definitely don't remember Leon and Helena saying it. I know Ada says she's tired of playing games...

Jake says it during the final Ustanak fight cutscene

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet 150.

GGs man! Sorry I died the first two times, that was literally the first time I've ever played Mercenaries. :/ Glad we got the 150 combo on Urban Chaos, but unfortunately we weren't able to crack the other two. We did manage to keep the timer going pretty long on Mining the Depths though when it got into the red lol.

Ken

GGs man! Sorry I died the first two times, that was literally the first time I've ever played Mercenaries. :/ Glad we got the 150 combo on Urban Chaos, but unfortunately we weren't able to crack the other two. We did manage to keep the timer going pretty long on Mining the Depths though when it got into the red lol.

Yeah, who knew
Carla[/quote] freeze grenades + melee spam = tons of time.

Noi

Ada might say it but I definitely don't remember Leon and Helena saying it. I know Ada says she's tired of playing games...

Jake says it during the final Ustanak fight cutscene

That's the only other one I remember...

Since it's come down between you two, I'll ask again then, since you're only missing the one detail.

Where does Ada say she's tired of playing cat and mouse?

Evolved1

I can't remember for the life of me. It will come to me tonight probably... waking me from a deep sleep with an "AHA!"

lol

I could guess but it'd only be a guess.

VALKYRAY

Banned
If someone says "RE6 is my favorite RE" I'll think "hmm, not my choice but okay." If someone says "RE6 is the best RE" I'll think "someone is painfully wrong." Calling something the "best" is not the equivalent of saying "it's my favorite." "Best" suggests an objective property of the game and is therefore debatable using facts. "Favorite" is an opinion and cannot be wrong. Nobody challenges someone when they say something is their "favorite." It's when people mix up objective and subjective terminology that these dumb arguments break out.

And before anyone argues that "best" is also purely a matter of opinion, I'll point out that unless you believe that literally every game is equally good, it cannot be purely a matter of opinion.

so what if someone think a game is the best in the series. does it affect your life? like you are going to hell because someone who has zero connection to you or your family likes certain game. shut the hell up and watch us enjoying the hell out of RE6. stay jealous my friend.

def sim

I was gonna start the campaign tonight but instead I played some Mercs so I could buy three cheap skills first.

Nothing wrong with that. There may be many things wrong with RE6, but the combat mechanics are better and mercenaries is still mercenaries. It's a bit sparse, but still fine.

If someone says "RE6 is my favorite RE" I'll think "hmm, not my choice but okay." If someone says "RE6 is the best RE" I'll think "someone is painfully wrong." Calling something the "best" is not the equivalent of saying "it's my favorite." "Best" suggests an objective property of the game and is therefore debatable using facts. "Favorite" is an opinion and cannot be wrong. Nobody challenges someone when they say something is their "favorite." It's when people mix up objective and subjective terminology that these dumb arguments break out.

And before anyone argues that "best" is also purely a matter of opinion, I'll point out that unless you believe that literally every game is equally good, it cannot be purely a matter of opinion.

tumblr_m1dlefGf9P1qk0e3do1_500.gif

Hey it's that dog!

Tried playing re4 recently. The refinement from RE4 to 5 made me feel the weight of the tank controls resident evil 4 had. Now if I played RE5, I would probably feel the same way. If that happens, it means that RE6 did it right. That's how it goes.

Noi

Ugh, is someone willing to help me out with the trophy for killing the Lepotitsa in Leon chapter 2? For some reason my inventory on both characters got wiped and I don't feel like doing a whole run for Leon just to get his junk back. If you have infinite ammo, even better.

Evolved1

Ugh, is someone willing to help me out with the trophy for killing the Lepotitsa in Leon chapter 2? For some reason my inventory on both characters got wiped and I don't feel like doing a whole run for Leon just to get his junk back. If you have infinite ammo, even better.

What system are you on? I can't remember.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
God damn man, this game is so playable. Like, between the 30 hour campaign that has 7 different playable characters, different difficulty levels, online co-op, equipping different skills and unlimited ammo, and Agent Hunt, and then Mercenaries, which has practically unlimited replay value as long as they keep releasing maps and characters, I could see myself playing this game for months.

Evolved1

Noi your FL is full... delete a scrub. :)

Having two female survivors live through the Lepotitsa attack. So basically, kill her as quickly as possible.

Do you have a particular strategy you want to try... I haven't played through with Helena, so I'll probably have shit for weapons too.

Noi

Noi your FL is full... delete a scrub. :)

Done and done.

Do you have a particular strategy you want to try... I haven't played through with Helena, so I'll probably have shit for weapons too.

As far as I'm aware, it's basically "shoot her dead as quick as possible." And even then it's kinda dumb about it sometimes since it's up to the NPCs to not get in the way.

I'll play as Helena if you only have weapons for Leon. At least then I can use the Hydra.

Evolved1

Done and done.

As far as I'm aware, it's basically "shoot her dead as quick as possible." And even then it's kinda dumb about it sometimes since it's up to the NPCs to not get in the way.

I'll play as Helena if you only have weapons for Leon. At least then I can use the Hydra.

Well I'd have to join your game as whatever you aren't, unless you wanna do the whole chapter... right?

Astral

Is it possible for human players to use
Leon and Helena
during the 4th campaign's final boss? If not, that thing's gonna suck some serious ass in Professional.

JoeFenix

Since it's come down between you two, I'll ask again then, since you're only missing the one detail.

Where does Ada say she's tired of playing cat and mouse?

In the catacombs after the gold tooth zombie or in the chapter 4 passcode section?

Top Bottom