• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

haikira

An American just tried to join my game.

It has begun O_O

Complete Global Saturation!

weskerwcx3s.jpg

MCD

MY EYES ARE BLEEDING SHIT IS DOOM 3 DARK

Cranking brightness all the way up makes it worse BUT FUCK IT MY EYES

Lucent

Video of Agent Hunt mode monsters on Kotaku.

Enemy spoilers of course.

Damn those meat monsters are creepy as hell. Reminds me of the regenerators and their unsettling movement and sounds.

ironcreed

Banned
Video of Agent Hunt mode monsters on Kotaku.

Enemy spoilers of course.

Damn those meat monsters are creepy as hell. Reminds me of the regenerators and their unsettling movement and sounds.

Surprised that at least this mode is not getting more of a nod. The game has issues, no doubt, but it is not a broken ass 3/10. There is just too much content and some neat gameplay mechanics that actually work beneath some of the flaws.

Lucent

Surprised that at least this mode is not getting more of a nod. The game has issues, no doubt, but it is not a broken ass 3/10. There is just too much content and some neat gameplay mechanics that actually work beneath some of the flaws.

Yeah. It really sucks that some people are just blowing the game off for little to no reason.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I seriously have to wonder what is prompting scores in the 3/10 and 4/10 range. I'll get to play the game soon enough I guess, but it seriously boggles my mind to think that journalists think this game deserves a rating that low. And to call it things like "garbage," I dunno man it just doesn't make sense to me.

ironcreed

Banned
I seriously have to wonder what is prompting scores in the 3/10 and 4/10 range. I'll get to play the game soon enough I guess, but it seriously boggles my mind to think that journalists think this game deserves a rating that low. And to call it things like "garbage," I dunno man it just doesn't make sense to me.

A game of extremes, it seems. Were it some broken game, then I doubt it would be getting mid-great reviews as well. They are not all paid off, lol.

You'll be even more confused when you play the game. Overall it really doesn't deserve scores as low as that. 7 minimum for the overall package.

Also, Agent Hunt mode is so fun. I just played as a flying enemy and grabbed this guy as he was running across a bridge. Knocked him down then pecked him to death wahahaha.

Feindflug

Same here...I don't have the game yet but from all the impressions from all the guys here and my own experience with the demo I really doubt that the game deserves to be called crap and that it deserves a 3/10.

Sadly my copy will arrive in two days but I'm really curious to play the game, to be honest after all these reviews I'm even more curious now. :p

branny

AHH ME TOO!! Newegg just shipped mine. :)
Same. :D

I can't wait. I enjoyed the demos, so I look forward to forming an opinion on the real thing for myself.

I went with the Anthology version, too, so I will have fun revisiting the older games even if I end up hating RE6.

Robert Cram (from Cramgaming) gives a nice video review and loved it. He mentions the issues, but is of the opinion that they can be overlooked when weighed against the game as whole, which is what I think it really boils down to for those of us who see the good here. For that reason, I think his review is worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5OpE6TK2qU&feature=g-u-u
I will avoid watching that because I'm still on semi-blackout, but I really liked this guy when it came to his Dragon's Dogma stuff.

Bladenic

My Amazon order hasn't shipped. UGHHHHH. If it wasn't for the 10 dollar credit, and the mercenaries map to a lesser extent, I would just cancel and go get the game in person.

Finished all three campaigns after 26 hours

( I won't spoiler any unlockables)

My verdict:

Graphics 8.0
Sound 8.0
Gameplay 7.5
Lasting Appeal 9.0

Overall 8.5

Great game, loved it.

Leon + Jake were great, Chris only medicore

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Same. :D

I can't wait. I enjoyed the demos, so I look forward to forming an opinion on the real thing for myself.

I went with the Anthology version, too, so I will have fun revisiting the older games even if I end up hating RE6.

I got Archives (360) so I look forward to diving into CV:X at some point.

I will avoid watching that because I'm still on semi-blackout, but I really liked this guy when it came to his Dragon's Dogma stuff.

I watched his review and it really doesn't spoil anything. You can even hide the tab so you only hear the audio without watching any video.

BoSox06DH

Can't believe it's been 3 1/2 years since Resident Evil 5 came out. Let alone the fact that Resident Evil 4 came out almost 8 years ago. Can't wait to play the shit out of this game. Is anyone else going to play the game solo at first then co-op on the veteran/professional playthroughs?

Feels like it does in every RE

Actually, you're wrong.

This game makes me think RE5 had a solid engine.

Shooting zombies doesn't really feel fun at all. Melee attacks don't feel like they're doing much either. I'm gonna love this game but I don't feel like the gameplay is as good as RE5 despite the newly added mechanics.

Lucent

Finished all three campaigns after 26 hours

( I won't spoiler any unlockables)

My verdict:

Graphics 8.0
Sound 8.0
Gameplay 7.5
Lasting Appeal 9.0

Overall 8.5

Great game, loved it.

Leon + Jake were great, Chris only medicore

It's funny because it seems like everybody feels differently Between the character campaigns. Some think Leon's sucked. Some think Jake's was boring. I know some thought Chris' campaign was amazing, especially at the end.

I wonder how I'm gonna feel about each of them.

Can't believe it's been 3 1/2 years since Resident Evil 5 came out. Let alone the fact that Resident Evil 4 came out almost 8 years ago. Can't wait to play the shit out of this game. Is anyone else going to play the game solo at first then co-op on the veteran/professional playthroughs?

If you've played a lot of RE4/5 then I would actually recommend playing on Veteran first. It's a decent challenge but not frustratingly hard. The main thing is that the AI can't die so you don't have to babysit them.

Lucent

You'll be even more confused when you play the game. Overall it really doesn't deserve scores as low as that. 7 minimum for the overall package.

Also, Agent Hunt mode is so fun. I just played as a flying enemy and grabbed this guy as he was running across a bridge. Knocked him down then pecked him to death wahahaha.

I saw that bird in the kotaku video. That looks pretty fun. The mode would be so much better if you could actually join with friends to be your fellow enemies and coordinate attacks to really troll people.

I can imagine me being a dog or something and just sitting there. Staring at them. Or just kinda walking in a circle or pacing back and forth. lol.

BoSox06DH

If you've played a lot of RE4/5 then I would actually recommend playing on Veteran first. It's a decent challenge but not frustratingly hard. The main thing is that the AI can't die so you don't have to babysit them.

I was thinking about just playing veteran then playing professional with someone else, but we'll see. When you max out all of the skills does that carry across all the difficulties or only the respective difficulty completed on?

def sim

I was thinking about just playing veteran then playing professional with someone else, but we'll see. When you max out all of the skills does that carry across all the difficulties or only the respective difficulty completed on?

The skill system works irrespective of difficulty.

When you start a new game after completing it once, it will ask you if you want to keep the weapons you've already found or not. Skills and stuff carry over for all the characters and campaigns.

Teknoman

Actually, you're wrong.

This game makes me think RE5 had solid engine.

Shooting zombies doesn't really feel fun at all. Melee attacks don't feel like they're doing much either. I'm gonna love this game but I don't feel like the gameplay is as good as RE5 despite the newly added mechanics.

Normal melee maybe, but those stagger attacks? Hard hitting. Shoot a zombie in either leg, then run up to them. Demo speaking anyway.

Finally played the demo. Really don't like the idea that you can just do a melee attack at free will now. I know there's a stamina limit to how many melee attacks you can perform, but you're still bound to screw up if you just keep spamming the melee button.

And I couldn't figure out how to cover when I was playing as Chris, but covering seemed just fine when I was playing as Jake.

Really don't have much else to say really. Although, I will say that the police QTE was unnecessary

When you start a new game after completing it once, it will ask you if you want to keep the weapons you've already found or not. Skills and stuff carry over for all the characters and campaigns.

Do the skills / weapons carry over between characters every time you save, or just when you beat a campaign? I'm debating between going Jake -> Chris -> Leon or going chapter by chapter in timeline order. If shared stuff only carries over from a beaten game, then that would pretty much make my choice for me.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, for those who have beaten it...good story?

Nah, story-wise it is probably one of the weakest entries in the series. But the character interaction is probably some of the best in the series. The actual story, like what is going on, has a really weak twist and the story isn't complex or anything. But thanks to the character writing and acting, it actually is enjoyable to see the characters interact with each others, and entertaining when some lines are incredibly cornball or a bit awkward.

Riposte

Jeff Cannata from Weekend Confirm talked about a certain part of the game, with snow, where you
run up a hill while fighting enemies. If you get knocked down, you will slide to the bottom.
Could you quick recover during this part?

gconsole

While I don't care much about the review. Those negative review comments really kill the hype for me. I mean some review calling it garbage... seriously.

I will judge it by myself. I don't think the game will do RE4 quality. But it doesn't deserve 3/10 either. Some reviewer put far too much hatres toward the game. It's like he really really hate it. I never find any game on this planet get this so much hate. My god.

Vossler

All the negativity kinda has me worried, but the newegg deal helps lessen the burden.....nervously excited for tomorrow night. Also played the demo, (only Leon) and wasn't too put off by it.

ilMikhail

I know some thought Chris' campaign was amazing, especially at the end.

I wonder how I'm gonna feel about each of them.

Only chapter 4 and 5 are amazing , Chapter 1,2 and 3 are really bad jesus christ -____________________-

what were they thinking ??

Professional Mode in Chris' Campaign will be a pain in the ass

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
While I don't care much about the review. Those negative review comments really kill the hype for me. I mean some review calling it garbage... seriously.

I will judge it by myself. I don't think the game will do RE4 quality. But it doesn't deserve 3/10 either. Some reviewer put far too much hatres toward the game. It's like he really really hate it. I never find any game on this planet get this so much hate. My god.

I would guess that a game this long probably amplifies the negative opinions. Reviewers don't play games under ideal conditions, but at least many of them are short. Now imagine being forced to play something you don't like for 25 hours over a couple of days. You're going to hate it extra hard.

Top Bottom