• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Is there a way to change difficulty levels? Playing on Veteran and the game is really annoying right now. The amount of bad scripting in this game is just insane. I've literally been run over by cars without warning.

Need some help(Leon Campaign):

So I'm in chapter 4 and just beat that dude following Jake all the time, I'm at the point where you have to collect 3 keys to open a door, the first two were easy enough, the third one is locked from the other side and I've been running around looking for a way to boost Helena their or another door to no avail.

jbug617

Banned
I haven't gotten a chance to read the thread but does the 360 version have any major problems (screen tearing and frame rate)?

what was that optimal chapter list someone posted to follow the story chronologically? Is it even worthwhile to play the game in that order, or can I just jump straight into the Leon chapters and see if I feel like switching later?

Is there a way to change difficulty levels? Playing on Veteran and the game is really annoying right now. The amount of bad scripting in this game is just insane. I've literally been run over by cars without warning.

Go to chapter select and it'll let you pick a new difficulty, but unless you've beaten that chapter it'll start you back at the beginning.

def sim

what was that optimal chapter list someone posted to follow the story chronologically? Is it even worthwhile to play the game in that order, or can I just jump straight into the Leon chapters and see if I feel like switching later?

It's in the OP.

I played it in the order presented to us and it's perfectly fine. I don't see any need to go forward chronologically.

Up to Chris Chapter 4

Still boring as hell. Competent third person shooter and not much else. Maybe not 3 out of 10, but higher than 7 would be a laugh.

d0c_zaius

Need a coop partner for Chris's campaign, playing on Professional. PSN is JoeFenix, will be on for awhile tonight.

I fucking HATE how the cover works in this game, If I try to dodge while next to a wall I end up stick to it instead. Or if you try to peek around a corner in aim mode you end up taking cover, fucking awful!

Chris's first chapter was really funny, pretty terrible level design mixed with some oddly fun encounters combined with some truly misguided and hilarious COD inspired moments. I'm shaking my head but I want to keep playing!

hit me up if you want to play some Leon campaign on normal. This game frustrates me too much to play on professional.

I agree about the cover btw. I just try to not use it at all and just corner shoot.

5/10 seems about right, there's one or two neat moments that make you smile, but it's been surprisingly mediocre for the past 4 hours or so. So much content, shame most of it isn't very fun.

heh, well hopefully it gets better for you. I've heard a lot of great opinions about Chris' scenario.

ezekial45

Banned
Can anyone explain the upgrade/skill system? Does it include weapon upgrades and abilities? I read from different reviews that it just adds buffs to the characters.

YoungOne

Ok, got a chance to play some of the game. The tutorial level is really bad IMO, but after that I played some of leon's campaign and I'm really enjoying it.

Can anyone explain the upgrade/skill system? Does it include weapon upgrades and abilities? I read from different reviews that it just adds buffs to the characters.

weapons damage a bit more (3 tier)
escape out of enemy grip more easily
take less damage
enemies drop more item
etc etc

some skills have multiple tiers. You have 3 slots to start with so you can pick 3 skills and I read somewhere you can get more.

There are weapon upgrades (I believe) but you need to finish the game to unlock the options and you can only upgrade if you kill xxx with magnum/sniper etc.

you kill creatures and they drop chess pieces aka skillpoints

take less damage
enemies drop more item
etc etc

some skills have multiple tiers. You have 3 slots to start with so you can pick 3 skills and I read somewhere you can get more.

There are weapon upgrades (I believe) but you need to finish the game to unlock the options and you can only upgrade if you kill xxx with magnum/sniper etc.

Makes sense that they moved the upgrade tree to be character based rather than weapon based considering the loadouts in each chapter can change and some characters have specific weapons.

Nemesis_

For those wondering, ResidentEvil.Net is retroactive. It just takes a while to update. Make sure you play through your game and reach a results screen just to be sure.

Woke up this morning and all my stats had automatically moved over.

bE1O6.jpg

gconsole

This game is bloat. But at least its fun. I didnt expect it to be this difficult though. I run out of ammo and herb all the time even though i ise meelee a lot.

Finish Leon chapter 2 and had a good time with friend so far. This make those reviewer looks like old dude who has never enjoy anything and keep expecting oscar level of videogame all the time.

Seriously recommend playing it before comment. Trust me.

Need some help(Leon Campaign):

So I'm in chapter 4 and just beat that dude following Jake all the time, I'm at the point where you have to collect 3 keys to open a door, the first two were easy enough, the third one is locked from the other side and I've been running around looking for a way to boost Helena their or another door to no avail.

The electrified one? There's a lever in that small area to the left of the door. Took me awhile to notice it. Was an "Oh duh!" moment.

Astral

take less damage
enemies drop more item
etc etc

you kill creatures and they drop chess pieces aka skillpoints

Wait there ARE weapon upgrades? I just gained a little respect for this game. I thought they got rid of it entirely, which would've been fucking stupid. Anyone know what the upgrades are like or have a screenshot of it?

So what am I supposed to do for this resident evil.net? I said yes to whatever prompt happened whenever I started my game, but do I have to make some kind of account, or link my psn account to the website or something?

Nemesis_

So what am I supposed to do for this resident evil.net? I said yes to whatever prompt happened whenever I started my game, but do I have to make some kind of account, or link my psn account to the website or something?

I don't know what the procedure is for PSN.

Pretty sure I've unlocked all the files now! Cannot wait to get into them and read them all ;_; The ones I read of Ada's are interesting.

I wonder if
The Family will make more appearances in the future, and whether or not they are actually the mysterious corporation Ada was loyal too ultimately?

Also, regarding Simmons
interesting that they managed to weave his story throughout most of the series without him making an actual appearance lol

Takuan

I just played Leon's portion of the demo using Helena. The game looks gorgeous to my eyes and I liked what I was playing before my partner died and left the game, but that FOV is definitely a hindrance in tight spaces. They've pulled the camera back a bit since, correct? Can you customize further in settings?

I'm pretty sure we were close to the end before my partner up and died, but I'm pretty impressed with the amount of content offered in the demo. I may pay full price* for the inevitable "Gold" release.

*$39.99

Edit: If anyone would like to go through the demo with me on PSN, I'd be happy for the company. I have a headset for voice chat. Hit up SteakJuice.

Sectus

Chris chapter 5 actually kinda made me hate the game for a while. The last few levels in that chapter can be very frustrating.

Grisby

For those wondering, ResidentEvil.Net is retroactive. It just takes a while to update. Make sure you play through your game and reach a results screen just to be sure.

Woke up this morning and all my stats had automatically moved over.
Cool, cool, cool.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Went to GameStop tonight on the way home from work and there was a line OUT THE DOOR for this game... never seen that happen at this store. I'm guessing no one gives a fuck about reviews.

News Bot

Banned
Pretty sure I've unlocked all the files now! Cannot wait to get into them and read them all ;_; The ones I read of Ada's are interesting.

I wonder if
The Family will make more appearances in the future, and whether or not they are actually the mysterious corporation Ada was loyal too ultimately?

Also, regarding Simmons
interesting that they managed to weave his story throughout most of the series without him making an actual appearance lol

It would be terrible for them not to appear again, but then again, it was stupid that Alex Wesker got built up and then ignored, so who knows with CAPCOM. They definitely aren't Ada's organization, she cut contact with them when she cut contact with Simmons. Her own organization seems to have more.. benevolent intentions. As for Simmons, he is now exactly what I wanted him to be, a Sergei-like character who helps explain niggling plot threads that have been hanging out in the wind for the past decade or so. I was hoping he'd be involved in Raccoon City's bombing and the government's sponsorship of B.O.W.s, and smiled when I saw they did exactly that. I only wish it would name him as one of the men Birkin negotiated with and offered to give the G-Virus to in exchange for safety. Sounds like what Simmons would do, and explains why he was so protective of Sherry: she had what he wanted.

Nemesis_

It would be terrible for them not to appear again, but then again, it was stupid that Alex Wesker got built up and then ignored, so who knows with CAPCOM. They definitely aren't Ada's organization, she cut contact with them when she cut contact with Simmons. Her own organization seems to have more.. benevolent intentions. As for Simmons, he is now exactly what I wanted him to be, a Sergei-like character who helps explain niggling plot threads that have been hanging out in the wind for the past decade or so. I was hoping he'd be involved in Raccoon City's bombing and the government's sponsorship of B.O.W.s. I only wish it would name him as one of the men Birkin negotiated with and offered to give the G-Virus to in exchange for safety. Sounds like what Simmons would do, and explains why he was so protective of Sherry: she had what he wanted.

AW will probably appear in the next game. Which I wouldn't be surprised if it were to feature Jake. Especially after that ending following Ada's campaign

I do know what you mean though, I actually thought Simmons would be Alex Wesker when we first saw images of him pre-release.

Went to GameStop tonight on the way home from work and there was a line OUT THE DOOR for this game... never seen that happen at this store. I'm guessing no one gives a fuck about reviews.

You're right.

OperationRaccoonCity.jpg

Whompa

Wow I played the first 10-15 minutes of this game and it's fucking awesome.

WHAT DRUGS ARE THESE REVIEWERS ON?! The graphics look great, the running and floor moves are fun. The QTEs are actually pretty interesting and I honestly am not annoyed whatsoever...

Seriously what the hell are people's problems with this game? It's not crawling through a mansion, but who gives a shit? It's really really fun.

WHAT DRUGS ARE THESE REVIEWERS ON?! The graphics look great, the running and floor moves are fun. The QTEs are actually pretty interesting and I honestly am not annoyed whatsoever...

Seriously what the hell are people's problems with this game? It's not crawling through a mansion, but who gives a shit? It's really really fun.

To be fair, you played 10-15 minutes of the game...so you did basically nothing. Not that the game may not be great, as thus far I'm also enjoying it, but I don't see how you can make any sort of reasonable opinion of the game in that short a time period.

Question to all: How should you use your herbs? Is it best to combine green and red? Any special combinations? Are there yellow herbs?

Question to all: How should you use your herbs? Is it best to combine green and red? Any special combinations? Are there yellow herbs?

Never encountered any yellow herbs in Chris or Leon's Campaign. If you have a red, def combine it with a green as that gives you six tabs. Course, red herbs aren't that common so don't be afraid to combine two green herbs as that will give you 3 tabs. Using a green herb alone is mostly a waste.

DSmalls84

I played through the games intro and started leon's campaign. I really don't care for all the qtes so far and the pacing feels weird when you're forced to slowly walk through rooms. Does this stuff slack off at some point or is it that way for the whole campaign? I still plan on playing through the game and i'm not writing it of yet, but I don't remember 5 feeling this way.

Pein

Banned
bought anthology the anthology. Anybody wanna trade my RE4 HD code on PS3 for the 360 version? or anything else?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would say that the gameplay is pretty badly designed so far but it's fun to play with as a co-op game. I need more time with the game in order to give a better conclusion and thoughts on the game.

d0c_zaius

maybe they played it longer than 15 minutes before deciding? you can still enjoy it even if it has flaws.

is anyone playing with infinite ammo on? does it impact any unlocks or trophies?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Chris' campaign ends with a "Duty Calls" achievement. Perfect.

Liked it better than Leon's. Hardly any QTEs.

denshuu

Does anyone know exactly what effects how many skill points you get? For each chapter in Leon's campaign I got from 2000 to 8000 skill points, except for Chapter 3, where I somehow earned about 40,000. I have no idea how the hell that happened, and to be honest I'm kind of exhausted with that campaign and I don't want to replay it to see if that happens again. :/

Noi

Just beat Leon's Story on Veteran with a friend. I don't like some of the design decisions, but I'm liking the game overall. We spent at least 10 minutes every chapter just derping around laughing at some of the janky animations from rolling and gesturing to your partner.

Whompa

maybe they played it longer than 15 minutes before deciding? you can still enjoy it even if it has flaws.

is anyone playing with infinite ammo on? does it impact any unlocks or trophies?

I'm saying that even on a fundamental gameplay and visual standpoint the game is a heap load more fun and better looking than what the reviewers are giving it credit for...You're right though. I need to play it more. But if its 35 hours of this kind of game then I'll be whistling the same tune.

Top Bottom