• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

I want to be excited, but after how badly they screwed up RE5 (adding co-op, all tech mechanics axed, reducing enemy counts) I have no more faith in Capcom to deliver without Mikami. Especially when he's replaced by the genius Jun Takeuchi...

Tron 2.0

TheExplodingHead said:
I want to be excited, but after how badly they screwed up RE5 (adding co-op, all tech mechanics axed, reducing enemy counts) I have no more faith in Capcom to deliver without Mikami. Especially when he's replaced by the genius Jun Takeuchi...
Last we knew, Takeuchi wasn't involved. Guess that might have changed.

Nemesis_

berserk_ftw said:
Isn't there a high chance of it being developed by an western studio like the most franchises of Capcom recently?

I think Capcom Japan has two teams? One of them is working on Dragon's Dogma, the other could be working on RE6?

While the other Western devs work on ORC and Dead Rising and DmC?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:
I think Capcom Japan has two teams? One of them is working on Dragon's Dogma, the other could be working on RE6?

While the other Western devs work on ORC and Dead Rising and DmC?
They have a team working on Revelations, as well as the Monster Hunter staff working on MPH3 Vita and PS3 and MH4 (speculation, but it's due soon).

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom wouldn't let anyone work on a main RE title from outside their development team. They make too much money and wouldn't risk it. It's their biggest series and revenue coming from it.

Tron 2.0

ZombieFred said:
Capcom wouldn't let anyone work on a main RE title from outside their development team. They make too much money and wouldn't risk it.
I don't think that's true at all.

But, having said that, I would be surprised if they outsourced RE6.

Tron 2.0 said:
I would be surprised if they outsourced RE6.

If they outsource the game there will be a massive uproar, the DmC uproar will look like something done by kids. I don't think they will have the gusts to do it, or if they do, they will try to hide the true developer.

Bollocks

Why is everyone hating on the the coop? Coop was the single best thing about 5, I platinumed that game without ever playing solo, it's one of the best coop games, I hope it delivers as much this time around, but it could be a little bit more classic RE I agree ;)

Why wouldn't it come to Wii-U? Seems like it would be an easy dollar, and it could get launch title sales as well. It won't be releasing until next year sometime anyway, so it would be perfect timing for them right?

[Nintex]

Cygnus X-1 said:
Not a chance. X360+PS3 (+PC).
Nintendo has moneyhatted Resident Evil before so it's not completely out of the question, still highly unlikely given the fact that the Wii U probably won't be at TGS.

abstract alien said:
Why wouldn't it come to Wii-U? Seems like it would be an easy dollar, and it could get launch title sales as well. It won't be releasing until next year sometime anyway, so it would be perfect timing for them right?
If it's a 360/PS3 title it could certainly be ported to Wii U at some point but I think Nintendo would've maken a big deal out of it at E3 if they had Resident Evil lined up for their new system.

Chinner

Banned
rumour is that resident evil 5 will be a cop buddy game starring leon s. kennedy and frank west, it'll be like midnight run but with zombies.

Erethian

Bollocks said:
Why is everyone hating on the the coop? Coop was the single best thing about 5, I platinumed that game without ever playing solo, it's one of the best coop games, I hope it delivers as much this time around, but it could be a little bit more classic RE I agree ;)

There's nothing wrong with co-op. So long as it's optional.

I can only speak for myself, but as someone who played RE since the very first one on PS1, and considers Remake the best Resident Evil game every made, I skipped on RE5 largely because I didn't want to have to deal with baby-sitting an AI companion.

Ken

Bollocks said:
If you didn't have a buddy to play coop with or couldn't/didn't want to go online, it was a rather annoying experience trying to play a single player game built around a (forced) coop play style.

Erethian

[Nintex] said:
If it's a 360/PS3 title it could certainly be ported to Wii U at some point but I think Nintendo would've maken a big deal out of it at E3 if they had Resident Evil lined up for their new system.
They would have made a big deal out of a game that hasn't even been announced? And probably won't be out until holiday 2012?

Erethian

Tron 2.0 said:
I don't think that's true at all.

But, having said that, I would be surprised if they outsourced RE6.

Yeah. Capcom's outsource policy is partly designed to try and make their games more successful.

DmC exists because Capcom believes (rightly or wrongly) it'll do better for them than an internally developed entry in the franchise would have done. And considering the action focus of RE these days, I can easily see Capcom management reasoning that a Western developer knows how to appeal to that market better.

Not that I necessarily think it will be outsourced. But it wouldn't be that surprising if it is.

[Nintex]

Erethian said:
They would have made a big deal out of a game that hasn't even been announced? And probably won't be out until holiday 2012?
They did the same thing with Assassins Creed, 'unnamed' multi-sports game, Tekken Wii U and some Xbox 360/PS3 games that might not even be released. Nintendo would've certainly mentioned Capcom support in a big way given their history with Monster Hunter 3, Resident Evil 4 and the likes.

luffeN

RPGCrazied said:
While I liked 5, I hope it goes back to scares and drops the co-op playstyle.
But you can build up more suspense and fear when you have to rescure a partner who got trapped in a puzzle or something like that xD

Erethian

[Nintex] said:
They did the same thing with Assassins Creed, 'unnamed' multi-sports game, Tekken Wii U and some Xbox 360/PS3 games that might not even be released. Nintendo would've certainly mentioned Capcom support in a big way given their history with Monster Hunter 3, Resident Evil 4 and the likes.

Ubisoft is making a big point of being there at launch with a range of titles. And this is the same Capcom that has two RE games for the 3DS.

Considering the game wasn't mentioned at all at E3, at any of the press conferences, I think what's more likely is that Capcom wasn't ready to announce it.

[Nintex]

Erethian said:
Ubisoft is making a big point of being there at launch with a range of titles. And this is the same Capcom that has two RE games for the 3DS.

Considering the game wasn't mentioned at all at E3, at any of the press conferences, I think what's more likely is that Capcom wasn't ready to announce it.
It's more likely that Capcom isn't on the Wii U train yet. Tell me when was the last time Nintendo had a big showing at TGS(read: never) and when did a high profile third party game get announced outside of Nintendo's own conferences(also never). Xbox 360/PS3/PC for now and perhaps Vita and Wii U down the road. Capcom can't afford a GameCube-like "let's do all our games exclusive on an unreleased system!" gamble right now.

Cartman86

Banned
I enjoyed RE5 quite a bit because I played it in co-op, but no doubt I disliked the changes. I prefer having an inventory to manage, being on edge at all times (even RE4 did that), and a feeling of discovery and investigation.

overcast

I will wait and see before I make a judgement. Series needs a bit of a change definitely. Dead Space 2 was so much better than RE5.

Cygnus X-1

[Nintex] said:
It's more likely that Capcom isn't on the Wii U train yet. Tell me when was the last time Nintendo had a big showing at TGS(read: never) and when did a high profile third party game get announced outside of Nintendo's own conferences(also never). Xbox 360/PS3/PC for now and perhaps Vita and Wii U down the road. Capcom can't afford a GameCube-like "let's do all our games exclusive on an unreleased system!" gamble right now.

Capcom dumbness is a no-story. It started when they announced RE4 for PS2 just before the game was coming out on GC. It continued when they closed the studio that made their best game ever. It never stopped with their pathetic support of DS. I reached new levels with ditching almost all their great franchises of the past.

Capcom recently destroyed the hype behind great series like Onimusha, Breath of Fire, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Megaman. They are merely surviving because of Monster Hunter now.

Ken

XPE said:
With Leon and Jill being in other RE game I wonder who the main character will be?
79ed0989808efad34231eab1f16cdc9a.jpg

[Nintex] said:

Resident evil 0 was announced at tgs for the N64. You think this couldn't happen for the wii U?

it won't be exclusive, for sure, but I doubt they'd exclude wii U right out of the gate.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
If it's anything like RE5 day one. I think they should introduce a whole new story too and make some familiar faces appear.

DennisK4 said:
A great game?

RE4 was great. RE5 was great.

RE5 was good.

RE4 was outstanding.

There's no problem with people being disappointed with RE5. It's absolutely not a bad game. It was just a big step backward.

Nessus

BurntPork said:
That would be quite the feat. Please record it and put it on the internet when you do.

... Unless you have a wired controller; in which case, what's wrong with you?

Anyway, I'm not sure about giving Crapcom money...

The wired 360 controller is the best PC gamepad I've ever used, going all the way back to playing games on a 386.

Resident evil 2 is one of my favorite games all time. Its the best zombie movie never made. It really holds up to the best from italy and the states.

fantastic game. The first three games incl remake where all great. the first one had a few child deceases, but it was ironed out with the remake.

Although i like the gameplay in 4, everything else felt retarded. I really dont care for any games after 3 to be honest.

Sadist

Tron 2.0 said:
I'm guessing it will be announced for the PS3 and 360.

When asked about the Wii U, they will say that they just recently received a dev unit and are interested, but not committed at this point.
David Reeeves recently said they might/or might not reveal a Wii U Project around TGS time.

And with all the RE love the 3DS is receiving... hmm

Personally, I'm a Resident Evil dork. Playing some Mercenaries right now, will get ORC when it's like € 20. Please give us Leon :D

XPE

RE5 is a good game in its own right, it just had the problem of being the sequel to one of the best games of all time, it was never going to stand shoulder to shoulder with it.

Also Dead space stole a lot of its thunder, DS1 was a better RE game than RE5.

BurntPork

Banned
Nessus said:
The wired 360 controller is the best PC gamepad I've ever used, going all the way back to playing games on a 386.
Again, using it for PC is the exception.

To everyone saying that it might not go on Wii U, the game, if announced, won't be out until 2013, and Resident Evil has been doing great on Nintendo consoles for the past two generations. (Mercenaries 3D doesn't count due to being poor as a $40 standalone game.) It would just be silly to ignore it, especially given how Capcom loves to put games on as many platforms as they possibly can.

[Nintex]

Sadist said:
David Reeeves recently said they might/or might not reveal a Wii U Project around TGS time.

And with all the RE love the 3DS is receiving... hmm

Personally, I'm a Resident Evil dork. Playing some Mercenaries right now, will get ORC when it's like € 20. Please give us Leon :D
Well Reeves said that he had not seen any prototypes yet but he figured that Capcom might possibly be working on Wii U prototypes behind the scenes and if they do there's a chance that they might show them at TGS because that's when companies show new stuff.

In any case he didn't really know. I personally don't think we'll see Wii U again before the holiday season starts. Maybe Nintendo will give some more nuggets at the usual October thing but a Nintendo World event late this year or early next year is more likely given the fact that Wii U skipped the post-E3 NoE events and won't be at Games-Com.

Tarin02543

- first person
- frostbite 2.0
- soundtrack dr. dre
- multiplayer will be as important as singleplayer
- no coop
- 3d support

Top Bottom