• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

I dont know if its been brought up yet, but if Capcom was planning a doing a reboot with new characters and mythology, then why would they call it Resident Evil 6. Having a 6 in the title implies a direct sequel to 5. If it was a reboot, wouldn't they just call it Resident Evil or something else that alludes to the franchise. I always that the original Japanese name of Biohazard would work in the west, even in the capacity of a reboot.

Hex

Banned
SpaceBridge said:
I dont know if its been brought up yet, but if Capcom was planning a doing a reboot with new characters and mythology, then why would they call it Resident Evil 6. Having a 6 in the title implies a direct sequel to 5. If it was a reboot, wouldn't they just call it Resident Evil or something else that alludes to the franchise. I always that the original Japanese name of Biohazard would work in the west, even in the capacity of a reboot.

I do not want a reboot, they will fuck it up.
I would rather they just use the history that they built and work with it instead of trying to make a different game and tack the Resident Evil name on it.

Hex said:
I do not want a reboot, they will fuck it up.
I would rather they just use the history that they built and work with it instead of trying to make a different game and tack the Resident Evil name on it.

My opinion is that it wont be a reboot, but a straight up sequel, set in the same world but might take a new direction the same way that RE4 went somewhere new compared the RE Code Veronica. Whether it will be as good as RE4 was, well, that might be doubtful.

FreeMufasa

If they keep it like modern RE, lets hope it's more RE5 than RE4. I Just hope they don't half-ass anything. if they're gonna make an action game or horror game, go all the way.

SpaceBridge said:
Seriously, fuck this word.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Can we take bets on what C-grade western developer they're gonna outsource to this time?

rvy

Banned
My body is not ready for Blue Castle to be announced as the developer. But I suppose I should be thankful that Slant Six and Ninja Theory are busy.

Sectus

Resident Evil is their biggest franchise, I doubt they'd dare outsource the sequel to anyone. It's not known what the RE5 team has been working on since RE5 Gold. Most likely it's that team doing RE6.

Seik

Banned
ZombieFred said:
Capcom wouldn't let anyone work on a main RE title from outside their development team. They make too much money and wouldn't risk it. It's their biggest series and revenue coming from it.

:(

I would have said the same thing about Devil May Cry 2 years ago.

I wonder which between Resident Evil/Street Fighter is the biggest cash machine. I think Steet Fighter wins due to all the versions and DLC available.

SpaceBridge said:
It's going to be a reboot like FF13 was an FPS.

What Capcom means when they say 'reboot' is that that they want people to give them a second chance after RE5 and that they're likely going to blend together the styles of the more recent games (RE4-esque gameplay) and the styles of the older games (monolithic unethical corporation as the villain instead of a generic megalomaniacal anime villain). At least, that's what I hope it is.

Sadly, if there's anything actually *new*, it'll be an increased 'military' tone, if RE5 and Operation Raccoon City are anything to go by. And it'll be TERRIBLE.

rvy

Banned
Sectus said:
Resident Evil is their biggest franchise, I doubt they'd dare outsource the sequel to anyone. It's not known what the RE5 team has been working on since RE5 Gold. Most likely it's that team doing RE6.
I wish I had such confidence in their lack of incompetence. I don't.

SpaceBridge said:
Hey, I didnt bring it up. Im arguing the opposite.
I know. I just meant that it is thrown around way too often in the last time.

badcrumble said:
What Capcom means when they say 'reboot'
Actually, they didn't even say "reboot". Takeuchi just said that he was thinking about a completely new gameplay system for RE6 after Mikami brought that up, but since then, he hasn't even been on the project anymore.

rvy

Banned
Solid warrior said:
Co-Op alone makes it one of the best RE games to date.
Must be opposite day. That's exactly what makes it one of the worst. And I thoroughly enjoyed the game and it's cheese.

Zoolader

Can we start killing zombies again? I'm tired of killing poor people who were infected with parasites.

MCXC Pioneer said:
I still need to play 5. I can get it for around $15, is it worth playing? I heard it was crap compared to 4.

I loved RE4, but for some reason RE5 just felt like a GeOW/action game set in Africa.

Asuma01

Neo Member
I thought 4 and 5 were both great games and I would love to have more coop in 6. Lets just hope that if they make you have a partner in single player again that its a lot more smart or useful.

Zoolader said:
Can we start killing zombies again? I'm tired of killing poor people who were infected with parasites.

I loved RE4, but for some reason RE5 just felt like a GeOW/action game set in Africa.
I'm actually a huge Gears fan so I'd probably like it then

RedSwirl

SpaceBridge said:

I think they just mean a reboot of the gameplay, like 4 was to the previous titles.

MCXC Pioneer said:
I still need to play 5. I can get it for around $15, is it worth playing? I heard it was crap compared to 4.
It's the Shattered Memories of Resident Evil: you either love it or hate it with a burning passion. Won't know until you try.

I just hope they leave out multi and focus on the single player, mercs mode aswell. Also use some better lighting, RE4 had better lighting effects than RE5.

Blast be the Legends cancellation, me and CAPCOM are still on good terms, but I swear if they announce this to be overseas outsourced, then that is it, CAPCOM is as dead to me as KONAMI has been for a long while.

Mupod

RE5's co-op was amazingly fun, mercenaries at least should keep it. I agree that it shouldn't intrude on the single player, though.

For the SP they could look at how FEAR 3 handled it, if they're dead set on implementing co-op again. Although involving a non-present player 2 character in the storyline's a bit harder when they aren't, you know, a ghost.

Tucah said:
About as likely to happen as it being PSP exclusive.
Yeah I don't see why they would make it an exclusive for what will be a new, unproven console with a small install base. Doesn't make business sense.

Rflagg

I would prefer a return to Survival Horror. The last RE I truly enjoyed was code Veronica X. Yes I played RE 4, and I am glad so many enjoyed it, but for me it wasn't the game I wanted.

If they do continue the action style with elements that are horror-like they need to stop screwing around and give it move and shoot controls.
Just my opinion

Zoolader

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
NO!!!!!!!!!!! fuck that, please be like Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3, make a mutliplayer online separate of the campaign mode!

Haha my thought exactly... coop seems to make it less scary. But if they manage to have coop while still managing to be scary then that would be great.

BurntPork

Banned
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
'Cos it was shown at Comic-Con and it's not called Biohazard in the States? Just a guess though. I'm sure they have both logos sorted out anyway and will show the Biohazard one in Japan.

Either way, I want this game in me. Or something to that degree. There is a lot that can still be done with this franchise.
Oh. Okay then. *bangs head on wall*

RedSwirl

Mupod said:
RE5's co-op was amazingly fun, mercenaries at least should keep it. I agree that it shouldn't intrude on the single player, though.

For the SP they could look at how FEAR 3 handled it, if they're dead set on implementing co-op again. Although involving a non-present player 2 character in the storyline's a bit harder when they aren't, you know, a ghost.

They should have just made singleplayer and co-op entire separate stories, like the multiple-scenario system of Resident Evil 2.

Ponti

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
NO!!!!!!!!!!! fuck that, please be like Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3, make a mutliplayer online separate of the campaign mode!
Yep. If they really are going back to 'roots' then coop is one of the first things that has to go. You can't do survival horror with a buddy beside you.

Shick Brithouse said:
It's really not that far fetched, considering its probably about a year and a half away, and the 720/PS4 will be on the horizon.
Eh I doubt it. It'll be on 360, PS3, and Wii U unless Nintendo cuts Capcom a huge check to keep RE6 as a timed exclusive which I don't see happening. It doesn't make business sense to confine the game to a system with a low install base.

Top Bottom