• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

Zoolader

K1LLER7 said:
hope they make it like resi 4 with added co-op.

any chances of a wesker return?

Well he was in 5 wasn't he? I already forgot most of that game since I was so disappointed, did we kill him at the end?

Synless said:
Co-op is a necessity for this game. It made RE5 my most played RE game by far.

Co-op was great and all, but imo it should of been optional. It sort of changed the entire game's atmosphere and made it feel more like a traditional action game instead of RE.

Hooray for this announcement of an announcement nearly two months away!

he wanted global saturation :(

RE5CompleteGlobalSaturation.gif

SaitoH

After RE4 and RE5 it would be nice if they went back to their survival horror roots. Loved both those games, but bring back the survival horror, Capcom!

Zoolader said:
Well he was in 5 wasn't he? I already forgot most of that game since I was so disappointed, did we kill him at the end?

Wesker gets thrown into a volcano. He'll probably be back anyway. :/

It's amazing how Resi 4 was one of the most exciting games ever made, and they managed to make 5 so average.

I honestly don't know what I want from 6, other than no forced co-op.

Dreamer RD

K1LLER7 said:
any chances of a wesker return?

Only if game timeline is before Bio5. But considering the fucked up scenario, it wouldnt be surprise to see some clone of him or whatever. After all, Spencer
said something about Wesker children. Maybe another survivor of his family lol

ChoklitReign said:
1. Take the REmake
2. Take out the tank controls
3. Put in lickers and reapers
4. Use that fancy LP2 engine
5. GOTY

Don't RE5 and LP2 use the same engine :p

Anyway, they claim to be going back to "survival-horror" roots with Revelations, and it certainly seems they're going with a slower pace. Sporadic encounters with few enemies, item searching, puzzles (not sure how complex they'll get), swimming(you know they'll attempt to pull some crazy shit underwater). Maybe they'll try the same thing with RE6.

The old cinematic cam probably won't return in any big way, unless it's an easter egg or option like Lost in Nightmares.

Dan Yo

Banned
I enjoyed the hell out of RE5 co-op. One of my favorite experiences this gen. I'd be personally disappointed if this game doesn't have a good co-op campaign. I enjoyed RE4 as much as the next guy but if they go back to that then I'll likely be picking it up months later on the cheap.

Verendus

Banned
Here's to hoping for reboot that essentially starts a new story with new characters, and is more survival horror oriented again. It'll give the series a fresh feeling and we have, in all fairness, spent a lot of time with the older story and characters.

If they do decide to bring back characters, then it's obvious the choice is Chris Goddamn Redfield. None of the other bitches matter, especially the ass clown that is Leon.

SkylineRKR

I hope they ignore 5, and just continue with Leon's quest. Or maybe something that happened right after CV and before BSAA crap going on.

Please PLEASE Capcom don't put any multiplayer shit in this game. Just give us something as atmospherically compelling as RE4 and you've got a winner.

MTMBStudios said:
Please, please, please, please don't center the entire game around Co-Op. If you MUST have it, make it a separate campaign or something.
Yeah. Portal 2 did it right; Uncharted 3 is doing it right; and I'd love to see Resident Evil 6 get this right as well. I don't mind co-op at all, but it should be a wholly separate campaign from the single-player game (and this enables both the SP and co-op portions of the game to be much, much better designed because they can be 100% true to their target).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
K1LLER7 said:
hope they make it like resi 4 with added co-op.

22911_o.gif

They already made that game. How about they try making a game that isn't a lame copy of RE4 with some other shit tacked on.

PSFan said:
Wasn't it suppose to be 8 years from the time that RE5 came out to RE6? Why announce RE6 so early Capcom?

Wouldn't be surprised if Dead Space was one of the reasons behind them announcing RE6 this soon.

Anecdotal evidence inbound, but I know a few RE fans who have since become staunch DS fans and consider RE to be a spent series that simply won't be able to compete with Dead Space.

Anyway, I'd have thought they'd space it out so as to avoid the milking claims...remember that RE4 & CVX are coming out in September (20th and 27th respectively), Operation Raccoon City coming later this year and Revelations launching early 2012...

From what I heard RE 5(*barfs*) DLC was a return to a more horror gameplay style. I hope they continue this and forget the RE5 campaign completely.

However if they do want coop(only way to get enjoyment out of RE5) make it similar to Portal 2 where we are given two separate campaigns. Something akin to Ada's storyline in RE4 where the coop coincides with the single player campaign and is more arcadey fun coop.

Either Capcom has learned from their fuck up with RE5, or RE6 becomes the final nail in the series' coffin. This reveal has to be good.

G-Fex

In RE6 (DEVELOPED BY YUKES AND NINJA THEORY) Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy must go back in time to stop the Raccoon city incident. As well as the arklay mountain incident.

NOW WITH A COVER SysTEM!

G-Fex said:
In RE6 (DEVELOPED BY YUKES AND NINJA THEORY) Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy must go back in time to stop the Raccoon city incident. As well as the arklay mountain incident.

NOW WITH A COVER SysTEM!

I'd play a Yukes developed Resi. Can I hit Spencer with a car in a parking lot?

BeautifulMemory said:
Hype is lessened as long as Mikami is not involved

Remember guys, most of your favorite REs were touched by either Mikami or Kamiya,

I remember RE for the first two games. They complimented each other well and it was a nice little open-and-shut tale about the Raccoon disaster.

Angry Fork

Sure this has been said but i'll say it again:

1. More dark places, more psychological aspects ie Silent Hill, more scary

2. Less dudebro punching boulders and fighting tons of enemies with stupid over the top weapons and ammunition.

3. Less 'serious' storyline and voice acting trying to make it like a hollywood blockbuster bs. Global saturation bullshit has to stop, nobody cares. Make a simple storyline based on someone in a world of zombies trying to escape and that's it like RE1. None of this stop the worldwide virus from spreading nuclear global save the world let's do this umbrella did this that huge conspiracy overthrow government bomb in pakistan zombies are no longer zombies they're evolved mechanism of mutated soldier offspring etc. just stop.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I hope it's outsorcered

to platinum games, I'll love a new Kamiya RE game

I almost mind slapped you, then I highlighted and refrained.

By the way, did you know that Kamiya does not enjoy horror, at all?

Speedymanic said:
Anecdotal evidence inbound, but I know a few RE fans who have since become staunch DS fans and consider RE to be a spent series that simply won't be able to compete with Dead Space. 

I don't know about that, after DS2 I consider that series to be spent.

Bumhead

Banned
Prequel or bust.

I don't see how they can follow on from 5 as far as direct sequels are concerned. Not without more motorcycle chases or cover based shooting, but fuck that noise.

Also, they absolutely can't make a direct sequel to RE5 and have Wesker in it. They just can't. If they do, I won't buy it, because whatever it is they do will be ridiculous.

Praying for something related in some way to the timeline around the first 3 games, although I suspect Capcom will forever use the lukewarm reception to Operation Raccoon City as an excuse to say "But the feedback tells us gamers don't want Raccoon City or zombies anymore".

BIOhazardous

Neo Member
PSFan said:
Wasn't it suppose to be 8 years from the time that RE5 came out to RE6? Why announce RE6 so early Capcom?
8 years? You believed that? lol Nah that was typical PR bullshit that really makes no sense, no way a sequel to their best selling game would take such a ridiculous development time.

SkylineRKR

BIOhazardous said:
8 years? You believed that? lol Nah that was typical PR bullshit that really makes no sense, no way a sequel to their best selling game would take such a ridiculous development time.

Indeed. If they really announce it in September, it'll be out early 2013 at its latest or so.

Always found that 8 years comment to be bullshit. They're just trying to say that its going to be big, epic, revolutionary etc. We'll see.

Didn't RE5 do extremely well?

If so then why are people acting like this is it?

Comments like this will be the final nail is funny. I'm too much of a pussy to play these types of games but from the little I played of RE5, it wasn't that bad at all.

It this another case of Gaf hating on games just because ala MGS4?

edit: I will agree that RE5 was too action focused and not enough survival horror but story wise that would make sense because Chris was going in to fuck shit up and take Wesker down. Plus he's seen zombies before so he should know how to deal with them...plus the roids.

But I will agree a slower more closed and scary feel would be good if not better.

Top Bottom