• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I don't know which is more shocking, the Resident Evil HD Remaster or the mobile release of the Japan only Famicom/NES Transformers game.

AniHawk

It isn't coming to WiiU? Well that's weird.... What are you doing Capcom? Especially after Revelations was also on WiiU.

probably not coming to wii u because revelations was on wii u.

anyway the tags on the page have stuff included for the four sony/ms systems, with no other games shown specifically for them - so it's pretty likely that this is the reason why. no wii u tagged on the page.

I'm surprised its not on Wii U given it launched on a Nintendo system and they put Revelations On Wii U (which also launched on a Nintendo system).

Still this is amazing news! I don't suppose there is any chance of this going retail? I'd pay for a retail copy.

Wait, for years everyone has been saying a rerelease of REmake was not possible because Nintendo owned the rights to it. What changed?

With pre-rendered backgrounds I hope we'll get the best character models ever seen on consoles.

But I know we won't.

EDIT: Aw shit, junior no more. Huzzah!

You can see the platforms listed at the bottom, but they're covered by the Famitsu logo. With that said, you can see blue and green, which are of the colors that they use for Playstation and Xbox.

probably not coming to wii u because revelations was on wii u.

anyway the tags on the page have stuff included for the four sony/ms systems, with no other games shown specifically for them - so it's pretty likely that this is the reason why. no wii u tagged on the page.

I see. Great news. PS3 for me. I always thought Capcom where silly for keeping this a GCN exclusive. It would have done much better on PS2 as well.

Now everyone can experience the greatness of RE1

Seyavesh

Will we EVER get a Bio 2 remake? God dammit Capcom.

when people buy this game in spades

alternatively:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

also wondering if they're remaking textures and backgrounds to be higher rez cuz the original rendering resolution was pretty low

or 60fps since the game was in 30? lots of questions here!

I wonder what the extent of the remaster is, are the backgrounds being redone or just upressed?

Wasn't there some story going around about Capcom having lost the original assets therefore they couldn't re-render?

I've never really believed it, but you know, Capcom...

Bishop89

wait...is this that gamecube remake of the first resident evil game, but hd'ified with new assets etc..??

Ive always wanted to play that game, never had a gc

duckroll

RrKAbnl.jpg

PS3/PS4/360/XB1

I don't think Famitsu has a platform tag for PC.

Top Bottom