• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Config.ini can be located at:

X:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\CAPCOM\Resident Evil - biohazard@HD REMASTER

Not many options though:

[GRAPHICS]
AltAntiAlias=FXAA3HQ
TextureDetail=HIGHEST
ShadowQuality=HIGH
[DISPLAY]
Resolution=1920x1080
RefreshRate=60.00Hz
FullScreen=ON
VSYNC=ON
FrameRate=60FPS
[JOYPAD]
A=2
B=1
X=3
Y=0
LEFT=15
RIGHT=13
UP=12
DOWN=14
START=9
BACK=8
LT=4
LB=6
RT=5
RB=7
LSTICK_PUSH=10
LSTICK_VERT=Y
LSTICK_HORZ=X
RSTICK_PUSH=11
RSTICK_VERT=Z
RSTICK_HORZ=RZ
[Window]
MainX=0
MainY=0

Incidentally, my PS4 version doesn't want to connect to the servers, rendering the game practically unplayable as it will freeze upon loading my profile, and/or when trying to connect to the server.

Playing in 1080p full screen on PC, I'm getting a white border around the entire screen. It's like it's underscanning on each side of my screen by 1 row of pixels. Hardly a deal breaker but a little distracting.

Controls seem a little overly sensitive with my 360 pad. Options keep cycling rapidly in the menus when using the analogue stick or the d-pad.

SheHateMe

First time playing this version. (Never played the GCN version, but played the original TOO many times on PSX.)

It's so BEAUTIFUL. Though I do miss the old VA somewhat. LOL

Gotta wait till tomorrow to play it but I haven't played RE1 before, I started at 4. Am I in for a good time?
It's a very different experience but the game holds up very well from my impressions of the first few hours of the PS3 version so hopefully you are!

Load times are so much quicker than the PS3 version(obviously) Took around 40 seconds to get back to the main menu after backing out there.

Aspiring

Bought this game using the web store along with abes oddysee and valiant hearts and my credit card is showing up as having $165 deducted from it when the amount was only $51. What the hell could of happened???

joe2187

Banned
Hmmmm.....something doesnt feel quite right

header.jpg

PERFEKT!

Jebral

Oh my GOOOOOD Control type E. Exactly what I was hoping was in the game. 10/10 best game ever.

Just for that.

Edit: Moving with the right trigger, just so you know :)

Sorry guys but as someone that has played RE1 and REmake to death I am kinda enjoying the new control scheme so far, however its definitely isn't how someone should experience REmake their first time.

NAPK1NS

Wait I seriously have to wait till midnight PST 'cause I didn't preorder? Sony... This isn't the way to bounce back from a mass hacking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... there's some slight slowdown on PC. Not sure if that's caused by setting to 60FPS and V-sync on or what. Maybe should try the 30FPS option.

Also Control Type B is fucking with my muscle memory but it's the only controller option that's "near" the PSX controls. :/

Erudite

Config.ini can be located at:

X:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\CAPCOM\Resident Evil - biohazard@HD REMASTER

Not many options though:
Thanks for posting this, I accidentally set my resolution to 2560x1600 and the screen res wouldn't change back, with alt-enter not working either.

I've seen it happen before on let's plays of the PS3 version, but is it not possible to wiggle out of an enemies grasp anymore? Seemed like was taking the full length of the zombies bite animation, or is it just me?

Yee. You can't buy the game from PSN now for some reason :/

well to pre-order means to order something before its release date. it is now the release date for the game, so you cant pre-order it. now you have to wait for the game to officially release.

if you can't wait a few more hours, you should've pre-ordered when it was first available like a month ago.

Noticed a bug with the controls. Using KB+M, you're giving the option to manually bind your keys, which is cool. But the game doesn't save your changes when you leave the screen, so, it's not cool.

I want my status/inventory screen to be TAB and my main interaction button to be SPACE. I'm able to set it on the screen, but as soon as I leave the screen and return to the game, it defaults.

antitrop

Alright, Jill, widescreen aspect ratio, original controls, middle difficulty. Let's do this.

Time to finally finish Resident Evil!

NAPK1NS

well to pre-order means to order something before its release date. it is now the release date for the game, so you cant pre-order it. now you have to wait for the game to officially release.

if you can't wait a few more hours, you should've pre-ordered when it was first available like a month ago.
Pshhh the store that never closes should want to invade my wallet around the clock. An outrage I tell you.

Top Bottom