• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Resistance is "not actually canon", confirms Capcom.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a new interview with Official PlayStation Magazine, Resident Evil 3 producer Peter Fabiano clarified that Resistance is "basically set in Raccoon City with scenarios that make it impossible to fit in the actual timeline", even while players can expect to "see familiar enemies and characters like Mastermind."

Fabiano continued to explain that Resistance's connection to Resident Evil 3 is purely thematic, explaining why Capcom decided to bundle the pair together as one package, rather than releasing the two titles separately.

"You’ll remember that the Japanese subtitle for RE3 was Last Escape," Fabiano tells OPM. "Both of these titles have characters that are trying to escape somewhere or something, so thematically it made sense. We also wanted to take up the challenge of building out an online game set in the RE universe."

Oh, and in case you're wondering, no; Capcom didn't build a real life Nemesis to then incorporate his design into Resident Evil 3 through photogrammetry. Instead, Fabiano clarifies that the team "went through a number of different concepts before the director settled on the current Nemesis. Then it was up to the Art Director to bring the vision to life in Z Brush and then have it modeled in Maya (both 3D tools)."

I don't understand the point of that mode, and so much marketing for it.

I fear it's because RE3 is short and they need to throw stuff to make the game bigger.

Gimme mercenaries mode and get rid of that watered down RE Outbreak.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I don't understand the point of that mode, and so much marketing for it.

I fear it's because RE3 is short and they need to throw stuff to make the game bigger.

Gimme mercenaries mode and get rid of that watered down RE Outbreak.
Feels like a stealth games as a service game but 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I wish Capcom would confirm that Poison is biologically female.
Don't think that's gonna happen. Pretty sure her original Final Fight artwork has says she's a New-Half. That would mean that not only was she born a man, she likely still has a dick. There are a lot of japanese characters who are misinterpreted as trans (Naoto Shirogane and Chihiro Fujisaki immediately come to mind), but Poison is legitimately trans as she was changed in the design phase.

Top Bottom