• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

Everyone is copying Marvel these days.
At least Capcom has the excuse of collaborating with them in the past! ;-)

And speaking of Capcom, and fighting games, and by extension Chun-Li, clearly the leg/thigh lover at Capcom who designed Chun-Li also had a hand in Gina:

residentevilrevelatio74sh4.jpg

residentevilrevelatio76sry.jpg

The character is unceremoniously discarded within minutes of starting the game, and thereafter relegated to Raid. Yet someone clearly put a lot of... time and passion into modeling her. (lol)

Although I hear she may be using the same model as Rachel from RER1. And like Rachel, her last name is Foley. Implying they're sisters... and that voluptuous genes run in the family, and said family is cursed.

If they're the same model, it's interesting to see what Rachel's face looks like under all dat hair.

Manu

Dear Foleys,

Please stop dying on every appearance, that's our job!

Sincerely,

The League of Resident Evil Helicopter Pilots.

OK, some thoughts/hints regarding the bonus episodes.
I made the mistake of playing Moira's on survival and ran out of ammo when fighting the last couple of enemies, lost all rations and had to start over. Casual was way too easy but I wasn't going to risk starting over a second time.

I appreciate what they were trying to do with the hunting mechanic. What ruined it for me was the insta-fail stealth in the village section, you can't afford to run away without collecting the loot or else you don't stand a chance in the next area so I wasted all the rations reloading the checkpoint when I was spotted.
There's an insane amount of loot and also weapons, it's definitely worth the risk of taking out the enemies to collect everything. Problem was that in the end I only had one ration left so when I ran out of ammo right at the end of the episode I didn't even get a chance to retry, so I died and had to start over.
Having a limited amount of retries adds to the tension and hunting is a neat way of collecting rations but forcing the player to waste them (or leave the loot behind in the village) just because he's spotted by an enemy is a dick move. I'm pretty sure that I could beat it on survival if I tried again but I wont bother.
Edit: another thing is the game teleporting you to the next area automatically, I missed some loot because I didn't have time to collect it before the game decided it was time to move on, they should've let the player control that.
As for Natalia, nobody likes insta-death stealth but the checkpoints are so frequent that it's not much of an issue and overall it's fairly easy.

Neiteio

While I've looked through the story content, I haven't played The Struggle and Little Miss yet. I'm curious what I'll think of their gameplay. The Struggle sounds like, well, a struggle!

Any tips before I play them later tonight?

While I've looked through the story content, I haven't played The Struggle and Little Miss yet. I'm curious what I'll think of their gameplay. The Struggle sounds like, well, a struggle!

Any tips before I play them later tonight?

There aren't really any spoilers in my post except for some locations.
Anyway, for the struggle I recommend casual for the first playthrough, use the time you're given to gather rations effectively, don't waste ammo.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
About the endings,
if I beat the game on Survival and got the bad ending, can I just replay Claire's chapter 3 and Barry's chapter 4 on Casual to see the good one? Or do I have to do another playthrough now?

Manu

About the endings,
if I beat the game on Survival and got the bad ending, can I just replay Claire's chapter 3 and Barry's chapter 4 on Casual to see the good one? Or do I have to do another playthrough now?

You can do just that.

EDIT: Man, I'd totally rock a
short haired Claire

SeanTSC

So, are all the secret weapons 50,000 BP, or is the Bubble Gun like a nuke or something. If they're all that expensive BP-wise, I don't know if I'll ever manage to get all of them or not.

BP comes super easy. Like, S Ranking a Survival ep gives you a shitload. I had like almost 500k BP saved up (with every skill bought) by the time I beat Ep 4 and everything basically unlocked at once and I just bought everything.

AHA-Lambda

I've not kept up with this given all the games that came out the last week but can anyone summarise what the bonus episodes are like and how long they are?

MrMuscle

Man, I wanna play Raid coop! Just did the Omega level and started Red. It baffles me that we have to wait even longer before they open it up.

Elija2

The overall framerate was improved but I'm still getting crazy stuttering in the PC version. Goddamnit, and I was so excited to finally play this game too. I hope Capcom is still working on that.

Im going to just say it,
This was the best Resident Evil since REmake.

It isn't my favorite since REmake though as 5 had a lot of stuff I really enjoyed( co-op professional was the best experience I had last gen), but I definitely feel REV 2 was a better game than 5 & Rev 1.

Kriken

Well I did beat the game earlier today, maybe the patch fixed it. tried the Struggle episode on Survival... holy shit is it hard >.<

Zambatoh

I've not kept up with this given all the games that came out the last week but can anyone summarise what the bonus episodes are like and how long they are?

"The struggle" is basically kill everything that moves with as few as bullets as possible.

"Little Miss" is essentially an acid trip sleep walking dream sequence with an evil twin and a sentient teddie bear. Natalia has to stay hidden, but Dark Natalia can prance around monsters like it's fucking nothing.

Neither story is particularly long and they help fill in the blanks.

joe2187

Banned
Im going to just say it,
This was the best Resident Evil since REmake.

It isn't my favorite since REmake though as 5 had a lot of stuff I really enjoyed( co-op professional was the best experience I had last gen), but I definitely feel REV 2 was a better game than 5 & Rev 1.

This is my experience as well. RE5 was so much fun. I replayed the campaign with so many people so many times.

I cant wait for RE5 gold to hit steam (SOOON!) and do it all over again.

I've been going through alot of the reviews for Rev2 and it seems to me like alot of the bad scores are due to them getting the bad ending and never going back...

terrible.

SeanTSC

If I replay the campaign at a higher difficulty, will my Kafka signs, tower medals, insect larvae, etc, carry over?

Yes, collectibles carry across everything. Get them once and you're done. Same with Medals.

Your entire inventory, guns, herbs, ammo, all carries across everything too. So do choices you've made in a chapter. Don't turn on the Fire in Claire episode 1 casual? It won't be on in Barry's Ep 1 No Escape. Easy way to adjust things and easy way to get faster times.

This also lets you load up on as much as you want on ammo/herbs/bottles on an easy difficulty easy episode and then go plunge into a high difficulty chapter.

Neiteio

Yes, collectibles carry across everything. Get them once and you're done. Same with Medals.

Your entire inventory, guns, herbs, ammo, all carries across everything too. So do choices you've made in a chapter. Don't turn on the Fire in Claire episode 1 casual? It won't be on in Barry's Ep 1 No Escape. Easy way to adjust things and easy way to get faster times.

This also lets you load up on as much as you want on ammo/herbs/bottles on an easy difficulty easy episode and then go plunge into a high difficulty chapter.
Oh, very nice!

heringer

Just finished the first episode. Good stuff! Feels like RE + RE4 + Alan Wake. It screams low budget though, but it's ok. Dat ending was awesome, can't wait to play episode 2. Barry delivered on the cheese. Someone please tell me eventually he will say "I hope this isn't Moira's blood".

It's a bit annoying to keep switching characters to find itens. Didn't that bother anyone else?

A few questions:

1 - Can I farm skill points by replaying the chapter? Is that a thing in this game?
2 - No online coop for PC version?

SeanTSC

Just finished the first episode. Good stuff! Feels like RE + RE4 + Alan Wake. It screams low budget though, but it's ok. Dat ending was awesome, can't wait to play episode 2. Barry delivered on the cheese. Someone please tell me eventually he will say "I hope this isn't Moira's blood".

It's a bit annoying to keep switching characters to find itens. Didn't that bother anyone else?

A few questions:

1 - Can I farm skill points by replaying the chapter? Is that a thing in this game?

It annoyed me immensely the first time I played Episode 1. Then I got over it because it's really a thing you only do once, if you have a decent memory, then you just do a quick switch to hit spots on your way or care about, or ignore them completely as they're totally unnecessary to ever use and mostly give BP items, though some spots are guaranteed ammo drops.

And to 1 - Yes, you can farm skill points. Higher difficulties give more points.

A few questions:

After the AAA game (triple abomination) RE6 It's kind of refreshing imo.

A few questions:

My suggestion is to literally just play as the alt character the whole time. I only ever really switch to Claire or Barry when I'm in combat situations

heringer

It annoyed me immensely the first time I played Episode 1. Then I got over it because it's really a thing you only do once, if you have a decent memory, then you just do a quick switch to hit spots on your way or care about, or ignore them completely as they're totally unnecessary to ever use and mostly give BP items, though some spots are guaranteed ammo drops.

And to 1 - Yes, you can farm skill points. Higher difficulties give more points.

I assume it's not necessary (to replay chapters), right? Meaning, there's no crazy difficulty spike that requires me to grind?

My suggestion is to literally just play as the alt character the whole time. I only ever really switch to Claire or Barry when I'm in combat situations

That's a solution... But playing as Moira or the little girl all the time... doesn't feel right. :(

Zambatoh

The final showdown cutscene since it has so many great moments
and yeah, short haired Claire. I'm not gonna lie.

Ok. I'll load it up and be back in a bit.

Aaaaand I'm back. Some shots of Claire either ended up coming out blurry or too late due to the rapid fire nature of the scenes, so I did the best I could.
I even threw in some extras at the end, because why not?

Whoops my bad for posting spoilers. I removed the Img tags.

SeanTSC

I assume it's not necessary (to replay chapters), right? Meaning, there's no crazy difficulty spike that requires me to grind?

That's a solution... But playing as Moira or the little girl all the time... doesn't feel right. :(

You never *have* to, no. I never specifically grinded. You'll get plenty just playing it.

And like I said before, seriously, just don't worry too much about them. Do it your first time through if you feel like it, but don't ever feel like the shiny spots are something that you HAVE to get (except for certain medals).

Manu

Aaaaand I'm back. Some shots of Claire either ended up coming out blurry or too late due to the rapid fire nature of the scenes, so I did the best I could.

Dude. That's fucking awesome. Thank you so much!

(You may wanna just link to the pics instead though since not everyone has finished the game yet)

EDIT: Case in point VVV

Neiteio

Whoops my bad for posting spoilers. I removed the Img tags.
Oh man, SO GOOD. Looks great on my phone. I adore the last shot. <3

Top Bottom