• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

liquidtmd

Banned
I dunno. Probably will bite as "Yeah, but it's only $25"(™) though my expectations are low and after tasting the sweet nectar of REMake recently again and enjoying it alot I feel this will be a comedown.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This is a shame as judging from your channel you would probably really enjoy the outbreak series.

I think I will, but I want my first experience of it to be online with friends, and I've had trouble connecting to the fan servers (always get stuck on the loading screen for me).

xero273

i hope this time.. they design raid mode to not have the best drops be in the final stage only like ghost ship... also not abysal drop rates... still missing auto loader 5 and gluttony 1 from RE revelations after so many ghost ship runs

Playing through RE Remaster on ps4 makes me want to grab this.

What will the retail version cost? And does this release tomorrow? Didn't see it in the OP

Thanks!

dlauv

On Steam and on Nuuvem you can get the more expensive option, which is equivalent of the retail option, Wesker and all. I guess that's the "Retail" package, but "Retail" makes me think physical media. I picked it up for 22.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So close now... excited.

God I hope shareplay works. We want to play together.

Each episode will be released a week apart.
Other developers/publishers could learn from this model. Not knowing when the next episode is coming, and sometimes having to wait months, can really kill the momentum and make it a worse experience.

Evolved1

Me too. But I know when I beat the first episode I'll just be pissed that I can't keep going.

Guess I'll be spending the time waiting for subsequent episodes going after trophies.

Yeah, but Raid.... :)

Other developers/publishers could learn from this model. Not knowing when the next episode is coming, and sometimes having to wait months, can really kill the momentum and make it a worse experience.

Honestly I find this whole thing really weird. What is even the point? I don't understand.

I cannot wait to play this game! I have at least my expectations in check so I am pretty sure there will be a lot of fun to be had. Since it is only 25 dollars what is the worst that can happen?

I just hope they nail some horror atmosphere like in the previous game which made me forgive its shortcomings (bad melee use, swimming sections with those "xenomorphs", and the generic enemies in the beginning).

If it's good, I'll support the Vita version even though I didn't really plan on buying this. It's really sad we know next to nothing about that version, though. :(

Annoying how the xbox one box release is £30 here, i'd love for it to be half price like the $30 american price.

*edit* ah I think that price is wrong, retail on the web is showing $39.99

Yeah the weekly drop is much easier to handle. I think I might be going a bit ape shit if I had to wait to keep going with some of the reveals I've seen, but if you can wait till the full game is out. Do it. Either way. The episodic format works well for something of this nature.

Evolved1

storafötter;153313814 said:
I cannot wait to play this game! I have my expectations in check so I am pretty sure there will be a lot of fun to be had. I mean it is only 25 dollars so what is the worst that can happen. I just hope they nail some horror atmosphere like in the previous game which made me forgive its shortcomings (bad melee use and the generic enemies in the beginning).

Seems like the melee system is taking more from RE6 than Rev1 which imo is a good thing.

I played the first Revelations when it was released on the consoles, and I'm excited for this and everything, but...

I can't stand this episodic/different versions bullshit. I guess I'll wait until it's all done releasing so I can play through it at my own pace.

Also, is the $25 complete digital package the same as the $40 physical one?

Just a FYI. I've not seen anything requiring me to digitall purchase in game currency to play the game or continue. I know that was some issue mentioned a bit back from some info that was released but if that style of download content exsists: A. I can't see it as of now. B. It hasn't affected me in the campaign or RAID modes whatsoever.

Evolved1

I played the first Revelations when it was released on the consoles, and I'm excited for this and everything, but...

I can't stand this episodic/different versions bullshit. I guess I'll wait until it's all done releasing so I can play through it at my own pace.

Pretty much. I think you get a couple little extras with physical.

I will give Capcom some credit here though, as they're one of the first to actually make the digital version significantly cheaper, as it should be. Hopefully more follow their lead!
yeah right

disc version comes with some extra pieces like a character, costume and things like that.

No, there is also a $40 digital package (at least for PC, I'm guessing its the same for the consoles). The $25 package gets you almost everything, the $40 is equivalent to the disc release. At least that's what I think/hope, otherwise I don't know what the hell I purchased

All the footage I've seen I thought Barry really looked like Joel from The Last of Us, and then I read that the little girl accompanying him is able to throw bricks at enemies... Really Capcom?!

Also, looking forward to hearing plenty more cockshitfucks from Moira. EDIT - do we have any more details on what the trauma was that makes her refuse to use a firearm? Because I find it a really unlikely conceit that anything would be so traumatic that it would make her refuse to pick up a gun even when she's in sustained life-threatening danger.

Schlomo

Looking forward to it. Impressions from Previews seem to be mostly positive (for what this is). I just hope I can still use the classic RE4 control scheme everyone hates.

Evolved1

No, there is also a $40 digital package (at least for PC, I'm guessing its the same for the consoles). The $25 package gets you almost everything, the $40 is equivalent to the disc release. At least that's what I think/hope, otherwise I don't know what the hell I purchased

Uh... you paid $15 for something. I don't think one character and a raid stage is really makes up the difference. Weird.

Top Bottom