• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) real-time demo video

ILikeFeet

Banned
Pureauthor said:
If there's one thing that makes me suspicious of this game, it's that it looks like it takes place on an ocean liner.

There has never been an RE game that took place on an ocean liner that didn't completely stink.
This time they aren't held back by hardware limitations. This may actually be the first good one. (unless this is just one of the locations)

Shapingo

In RE5 Jill is an albino due to the tests done on her (you can read her bio on the elevator boss stage) In RE5; her hair, skin and eye color are completely different to all her other models. This model looks like the re3 version

Shapingo said:
In RE5 Jill is an albino due to the tests done on her (you can read her bio on the elevator boss stage) In RE5; her hair, skin and eye color are completely different to all her other models. This model looks like the re3 version

I thought it was more of a throwback to her REmake appearance, but I can see where you're coming from.

Adam J.

I can only imagine how amazing it will look on that little screen. Still cant believe Nintendo went this far with the graphics on the 3DS! Really gets me hyped for what they will do with Wii Hi-Fi.

Meesh

Amazing trailer, will buy when it hits. Just one foreseeable problem...which limited edition 3DS am I gonna buy. (you know it's going ot happen) OoT, RE, of some unannounced FF???

ILikeFeet

Banned
Evilink said:
Amazing trailer, will buy when it hits. Just one foreseeable problem...which limited edition 3DS am I gonna buy. (you know it's going ot happen) OoT, RE, of some unannounced FF???
Those don't happen much outside Japan. So it shouldn't be hard to chose

Evilink said:

The FFVII remake edition.

Shapingo said:
Maybe first thing she does after RE5 is go to the tanning booths.

Meesh

ILikeFeet said:
Those don't happen much outside Japan. So it shouldn't be hard to chose
Im thinking import :) If region free that is. I imported a black DS phat from LikSang waaay back when...before some evil corporation shut that site down...those were the days :)

Kard8p3

crazy monkey said:
have they said what kind of method are they using for game? Cartridge? The game is looks amazing with 3d and all.:D

Game cards that look pretty much like the ones for DS and will be 2 GB at launch.

Beth Cyra

Evilink said:
Im thinking import :) If region free that is. I imported a black DS phat from LikSang waaay back when...before some evil corporation shut that site down...those were the days :)

Damn it I am forced to import anyway since I am Super Robot fan haha. I just hope I don't try and get multiple limited editions, and end up with 5 or 6 3DS.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Instro said:
Im assuming this is MT Framework? Looks great btw, and fuck all you people calling for FF7, remake FF6 first.
I read in this thread that it was. I would post a link but I'm on my ipod :p

Instro

Aeana said:
I have fixed this for you, sir.

You've won this round you swine!

Anyway, I guess porting UE3 is a forgone conclusion...I wonder what SE will do for their games. Would Crystal Tools be possible?

Cipherr

Nice.

All that matters for me is.

This level of visuals will do fine for me for another full handheld generation cycle. Its about what I would have wanted, maybe a bit more, but just about right, and with room to grow thatll do nicely.

PSP2 will come out later on and be more powerful, no doubt. But with this as the baseline I can safely say that Ill be able to enjoy the next gen of handhelds without my eyes bleeding, and thats a good thing.

Shapingo

How About No said:
Maybe first thing she does after RE5 is go to the tanning booths.

How do you know this takes place after 5?

She must have dyed her hair back as well. Also how is she tan? only when compared to albino Jill.

Skipped on the DS for the sole reason I don't really go anywhere where I need a portable. But damn is the 3ds seems to be dishing out games I want.

Durante

charlequin said:
Yeah, I think Durante's memory is being a bit overly kind to the DC's textures here. :lol
Could be, DC always has a soft spot in my IQ-loving heart. It was almost un-console-like! :lol

charlequin said:
I'm also curious how this'll work out. I imagine that for some relatively straightforward uses (sticking dents onto crates or whatnot) this might break the illusion somewhat, although for stuff like the examples on display in the MGS demo I don't think it should matter at all.
It's really the same problem as for 2D, just to a larger extent. Fine surface detail works well, but you shouldn't try to create 3D detail with normal mapping at a scale of more than a few pixels. I just hope developers realize that, particularly considering the poly limits.

Instro said:
I wonder what SE will do for their games. Would Crystal Tools be possible?
Since they claim to use some part of Crystal Tools even on Wii, it shouldn't be a problem. It probably makes more sense to use that kind of production tools for 3DS than trying to scale anything from DS up.

Whoa. Looks fucking amazing, graphically.

I still hate 'Roid Chris with a passion, though. REmake Chris >>>>> RE5 Chris. And fuck that new Jill design. What the hell happened to her?

Instro

Dresden said:
The cheesy lines just aren't awesome with Chris. Needs more Leon.

Who do you think is driving the boat? During the game Leon will take over the PA system and make witty nautical puns while Chris kills the zombies.

Instro said:
Who do you think is driving the boat? During the game Leon will take over the PA system and make witty nautical puns while Chris kills the zombies.

That... that would be beautiful.

The only thing that could be better would be Barry driving the boat.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Instro said:
The story: This isnt just any ship, its a zombie ship. *Twist*
2SE2Q.jpg

REmake?

TruePrime said:
Doubtful, that game stared Leon and Barry of all people, weird pairing for the RE games. That and it was utter shit.

It really wasn't that bad. It was about as good as an RE game on the GBC could have been.

Definitely the worst game in the series, though. Even worse than Gun Survivor.

Beth Cyra

Night_Trekker said:
It really wasn't that bad. It was about as good as an RE game on the GBC could have been.

Definitely the worst game in the series, though. Even worse than Gun Survivor.

You are probably right, I just remember being so dumb struck that I never actually made it passed the first zombie, I kept getting killed.

Top Bottom