• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Reveleations coming to PS3/360?

Zenaku

To be fair, Resident Evil hasn't had much presence on handhelds up until recently. So it's understandable that a sizable portion of the audience would prefer the game on home consoles as it's familiar territory for them.

I know, and I'll be happy for anyone who finally gets to experience the game from this, but the Nintendo haters will still annoy me the next time a good game is announced. Nintendo hating Japanese blogs are already on the case.

Sintoid

I think Revelations deserves a chance to gain more sales, but I really hope this news is false. If true, we'll get "I'll wait for the console port" everytime Capcom announces an interesting 3DS game.

Same with each PSVita Exclusive

Pooya

well, just observing what Capcom has been doing on 3DS, it seems that they consider multi platform with a console version wherever doable. see;

E.X. Troopers is clearly a 3DS game ported to PS3. it's just they did it from the beginning.
MH3G going to WiiU, it's pretty obvious that 4 will get the same treatment later.
but something like Ace Attorney is probably not a good fit for home console.

I think in future they'll likely won't wait for later console port for a 3DS game and announce it like EX Troopers if it's doable on a console.

Sintoid

well, just observing what Capcom has been doing on 3DS, it seems that they consider multi platform with a console version wherever doable. see;

E.X. Troopers is clearly a 3DS game ported to PS3. it's just they did it from the beginning.
MH3G going to WiiU, it's pretty obvious that 4 will get the same treatment later.

I think in future they'll likely won't wait for later console port for a 3DS game and announce it like EX Troopers if it's doable on a console.

And actually AA has gone IOS....

Takao

Banned

Ace Attorney has been ported to Wii in the past.

Booser

cool. Only played the demos on the 3ds but seemed like a great game. Ill probably download this from xbla. Now just waiting for the AssCreed Liberation port....

*ducks tomatoes

Jawmuncher

It's a smart choice really ..

Indeed its a smart choice going for the console, however I don't think it would have been very hard to move this over the the Vita as well.
Especially if it indeed turns into a PSN title for the US as a (HD) sort of game.

This game is hugely overrated on GAF. Bad shooting sections with shitty framerate, annoying scanning mechanic and the core RE gameplay is also not exactly mindblowing.

EVOL 100%

Looks legit.

I noticed that there isn't any mention of the PS3. Maybe they're not going to release it on disc in Korea after all.

That would mean that there wouldn't be any way for us to buy it SINCE THEY CLOSED THE FUCKING PSN STORE OVER SOME BULLSHIT LAW ARGGHHHHHHHH

Obviously you can blame them*, but it's not their responsibility to help a platform sell when they (apparently) already have a perfectly feasible platform to develop their games for.

Nonetheless I feel your pain and I'm no fan of exclusives, so I don't mind if as many gamers as possible get to enjoy this (great) game. I hope they'll release a Vita version as well, shouldn't be too hard/expensive for them (if it's really a PSN title).

*You can be sure I'll do the same should publishers ignore Wii U.

I have already beaten Revelaitons on 3DS, but as a Vita user I think this game would totally fit it. Even better than PS3.

Portable games should remain in portable systems.

I have already read in several forums users that were waiting for a possible Vita release before buying the 3DS version.

No, this game is an MT Framework release and Capcom loves touting how easy it is to port things built with that engine. RE:R Vita probably would've sold more than SFxT Vita is doing, but #Capcom.

That's my point.

Capcom is reaching unpredictable levels of idiocy.

Acosta

I'm sure Nintendo paid co-marketing for the title, but unless they fully funded development, the odds of having rights to the game are incredibly small.

Nintendo was fully in charge of marketing and distribution in certain regions.

Under the terms of the agreement Nintendo will be responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of the game throughout European territories and Australia, with Capcom remaining as publisher.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2011...ident-Evil-Revelations-in-Europe--253349.html

Takao

Banned
MT Framework Mobile is 3DS/Vita/iOS. MT Framework Lite is Wii, and MT Framework is PS3/360/PC:

nJq2Y.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/interview/2011/vol07/02.html

Obviously, there's some overlap. There has been MT Framework Lite content ported to PS3, etc. I guess this will be MT Framework Mobile port to vanille MT Framework, lol.

quetz67

Banned
I only bought the 3DS for Relevations. I hope it's not true...

same here, but I am through already and sold both with a profit

should the PS3 version be good I probably play through it again, great game but brought down a little by the controls on 3DS (within expected parameters).

Assignment Jessica!!1 Let's do this Capgod!

I hope it sells well, I need a sequel! Revelations 2 for the 3DS and HD Ver months later.

I love it.

sublimit

Banned
Revelations was one of the main reasons i was considering getting a 3DS.I'm so glad i waited.
I guess sales of RE6 were very disappointing so Capcom is trying to meet their earning forecasts with the help of one of their better received games.

Bankoiia

Would love to see this game as a downloadable title on PSN/XBL!

I do own a 3DS, but I sold the game when I moved from Japan. Would pick this up on day one.

Malvingt2

Seems pretty likely to me.

Disc-based in Japan and Korea, digital elsewhere.

I also bet a Wii U version arrives as well.

I can see that. specially with the WiiUPad acting as a scan.. Now people in GAF can play a great resident evil game. Not like RE6 fiasco.

derFeef

I can see that. specially with the WiiUPad acting as a scan.. Now people in GAF can play a great resident evil game. Not like RE6 fiasco.

I'd buy that. In fact I had planned to buy a 3DS for this game, but then XL came out... and then I don't know... :/

Top Bottom