• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

[Nintex]

Sadist said:
For Europe a zapper-pack? I remember the Japanese exclusive zapper pack of Umbrella Chronicles.
From our Australian friends at Vooks:
Darksidewithzapper.jpg

I already have a zapper and two other lightgun thingies, so I hope they're selling standalone copies too.

Sadist

Don't have a zappershell and I don't want one either. I remember playing UC for the first time at Gameplay '07. I hated that thing.

Boxart looks hot though.

[Nintex]

Sadist said:
Don't have a zappershell and I don't want one either. I remember playing UC for the first time at Gameplay '07. I hated that thing.

Boxart looks hot though.
I picked up two cheap-ass Piranha Shooting Guns when Overkill hit for 5 euro each and haven't gone back to the zapper since.

the TMO

[Nintex] said:
I picked up two cheap-ass Piranha Shooting Guns when Overkill hit for 5 euro each and haven't gone back to the zapper since.
Same here, the austrialian limite edition of HOTDO have 2 nice guns (not varla), much better than the useless wii zapper.

D-X said:
Yeah but I opened a Darkside Chronicles thread NOT a RE5 thread - even the RE5 thread is spoiler tagged so I assumed the same courtesy would be afforded here!

I have a backlog of games right now stretching back over more than 5 months all I'm saying is be considerate and don't assume we all have the time to play these games immediately.
I didn't mean to spoil the game for you, so I apologize for that.
But for your own sake, I urge you not to enter new threads about other games in the series without having played everything up to there: It's only natural that people will discuss previous outings without spoiler tags, especially if they date back a while.

Also, get RE5 out of your backlog. ;p

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Prime Blue said:
It's only natural that people will discuss previous outings without spoiler tags, especially if they date back a while.
No, it's not if they respect other users that might still be behind. I still
sometimes
use spoiler tags for motherfucking Aerith :/

ShockingAlberto said:
http://i26.tinypic.com/w8oqi0.jpg[IMG]

Firmly disagree.[/QUOTE]
He's right. Looks like ass. [spoiler];P[/spoiler]

MrDaravon

Ugh, a week after MW2 and Phantasy Star Zero, and the same Day as L4D 2 and Assassin's Creed 2? I'll still pick this up day 1, but lord knows when I'll play it now.

GoldandBlue said:
He's twittering during the Raccoon City incident. But...Twitter wasn't around during that...

TIME TRAVELING LEON CONFIRMED

fighting tyrannosaurus rex robot. qte finger still fast. virus possibly being spread by secret organization of ghost wizards
about 70 million years ago from web

hold on a second...

# We're getting ready to land at yet another undisclosed location.9:46 AM Aug 10th from web
#
When I say "us" I'm talking about my new partner and I. That's all I can say at this point.10:00 AM Aug 9th from web
#
Still anxious about the mission. Even after all I've seen. Maybe because I have an idea of what's in store for us.9:47 AM Aug 8th from web
#
I'll never get used to traveling on these damn C-130s. A cot made of Ammo crates makes for a terrible nights sleep.2:43 PM Aug 7th from web

Ah ha. New scenario with Krauser confirmed.

Qaz Kwaz

Banned
GuardianE said:
It's not really all that surprising.

Capcom did the Kijuju blog for Resident Evil 5, remember? They're all over stuff like that for game promotion.

Guess you didn't read this choice line:

Leon Kennedy said:
The pieces are coming together. It's too disturbing. I'll write more later.

Looks like we won't be getting much "Ashfor faaaaaaaaaAAAaaamily name.", decent voice acting will suffice I suppose.

And the uncanny valley that was pre-RE5 CGI is gone.:D

I'll enjoy a less whiny Steve too, as long as he doesn't try so hard to look cool when dual-weilding handguns/SMGs.

GuardianE said:
It's not really all that surprising.

Capcom did the Kijuju blog for Resident Evil 5, remember? They're all over stuff like that for game promotion.
Just that the marketing campaign for RE5 was brilliantly schemed, with the Experience Kijuju blog and the BSAA Remote Desktop written to tie into the game, whose story was planned in the timeline to take place at the release date. It was an interesting read for the fans. That, coupled with the viral stuff on the official American site made for many, many clicks and a general presence in the minds of gamers.

The Twitter idea here is just trying to jump on the Web 2.0 bandwagon, using minimal resources and effort. It's stupid, that's why people reject it.

Fimbulvetr said:
Looks like we won't be getting much "Ashfor faaaaaaaaaAAAaaamily name.", decent voice acting will suffice I suppose.
That's what I fear, too. I always loved Alfred and his wonky personality. ;(

Jocchan said:
No, it's not if they respect other users that might still be behind. I still
sometimes
use spoiler tags for motherfucking Aerith :/
OH NO! CAPCOM does not respect internet people either. Nor do all the sites that reported the Wesker news! It's a rondo if disrespect!
If you respect other users, you beat your games first before coming to threads months later and demanding everything to be spoiler-tagged.

Bumpy double post!

First glimpse at the South America stage here.

"The latest news about the special stage will be revealed, along with a powerful trailer. And the development staff will present their demo play."

2607cwi.png

I don't like using the Wii Zapper for light gun games. I'll be sporting the Resident Evil Shot Blaster for The Darkside Chronicles. If you're able to get your hands on one, do so, they're apparently hard to come by and work great for light gun games!

resident_evil_shot_blaster.jpg

cvxfreak

Can someone do me a huge favor and post Leon and Claire's tweets from the last three or so days?

I'm in China and Twitter's blocked. Drats.

Leon posted about his sexual frustration and the resulting suicidal tendencies while Claire informed us about her failure to take pantiliners. All in all, a typical day on Twitter!

cvxfreak said:
Can someone do me a huge favor and post Leon and Claire's tweets from the last three or so days?

I'm in China and Twitter's blocked. Drats.

Twitter's blocked, but NeoGAF survives? :lol

cvxfreak

Prime Blue said:
Leon posted about his sexual frustration and the resulting suicidal tendencies while Claire informed us about her failure to take pantiliners. All in all, a typical day on Twitter!

Somehow, I do not doubt you.

Here we go.

Leon_Darkside

1. RT:mad:Steve_Darkside: Explosions! I got knocked to the ground.about 21 hours ago from web
2. RT:mad:Steve_Darkside: I'm only 17. I can't die here in this hole.about 21 hours ago from web
3. RT:mad:Steve_Darkside: Trapped, in a cell. All because of my father's failings.about 21 hours ago from web
4. She ended up imprisoned on some island in the South Seas. Alone. Until she met Steve Burnside.about 21 hours ago from web
5. I should never have let Claire go to find Chris on her own after Raccoon City. But I did.1:59 PM Sep 5th from web
6. I'm not alone, I have the best partner I could have wished for. And I know what to expect.1:58 PM Sep 5th from web
7. But now I'm here, ready to face the same fears as I faced that first night in Raccoon City almost five years ago.8:25 AM Sep 5th from web
8. Why must something horrid like this happen before we pay attention to these people?2:43 PM Sep 4th from web
9. It seems like these threats always surface in places forgotten and overlooked.2:40 PM Sep 4th from web
10. This time, the fight has brought me south to yet another out-of-the-way place.2:39 PM Sep 4th from web
11. ..."2:38 PM Sep 4th from web
12. Wherever the fight takes me I will go.2:52 PM Sep 3rd from web
13. Never before have I looked forward to daylight quite like I did last night.10:16 AM Sep 3rd from web
14. I can't let the little girl die in my arms and I can't let her turn into one of them.10:37 AM Sep 2nd from web
15. There isn't enough herb in the world to heal my soul after what I've seen.10:29 AM Sep 1st from web
16. They seem to be controlled by someone or something. Not just attacking randomly.3:30 PM Aug 31st from web
17. The resistance is getting stronger. Must be close to the source.1:37 PM Aug 31st from web
18. The five of us is all there is left: Claire, the girl and her mom, and the mysterious Ada.4:03 PM Aug 30th from web
19. We have to reach the laboratories at Umbrella corp. and find the antidote.11:22 AM Aug 30th from web
20. We managed to escape from the underground sewer, only to be faced with a new problem. The little girl is sick...7:16 PM Aug 29th from web

Claire_Darkside

1. Explosions again. Loud ones. The ringing in my ears is deafening.about 21 hours ago from web
2. The Government? Independent contractors? I don't know, but I'm happy to walk out of my cell by my own. Uninfected.about 21 hours ago from web
3. It was bombs. Sounded like an air raid.about 21 hours ago from web
4. I can't see a thing through the dust and smoke.about 21 hours ago from web
5. ...Loud thuds and the floor shook. Massive explosion.about 21 hours ago from web
6. It could have easily been the end, but it was just the beginning.1:59 PM Sep 5th from web
7. Locked up in a secret detention facility in on an isolated island in the Southern Seas.8:27 AM Sep 5th from web
8. The continual search for my brother just got me into deeper trouble that I ever imagined.2:44 PM Sep 4th from web
9. Europe was a failure. No Chris, and Umbrella is still out there.2:42 PM Sep 4th from web
10. After I failed to locate Chris in Raccoon City I went to Europe to pursue both Chris and the rest of what was left of Umbrella.2:40 PM Sep 4th from web
11. ..."2:39 PM Sep 4th from web
12. Gotta part ways. The government will protect Sherry and Leon, and I'll head to Europe and find Chris. The journey continues.10:18 AM Sep 3rd from web
13. RT:mad:Leon_Darkside: There isn't enough herb in the world to heal my soul after what I've seen here.2:29 PM Sep 1st from web
14. It doesn't appear as if this, all this around us, is an accident.2:27 PM Sep 1st from web
15. I failed to protect her from the virus. But I won't fail in getting the damn cure for her.4:04 PM Aug 30th from web
16. Sherry is sick. Gotta get to the Umbrella lab and get the vaccine.11:23 AM Aug 30th from web
17. These sewers seem to go on forever, and at every turn new messed up dangers.8:29 PM Aug 29th from web
18. http://twitpic.com/fsv8o - We Survived... Barely. From my cell, 5 minutes ago.8:17 PM Aug 29th from TwitPic
19. RT:mad:Leon_Darkside: The whole thing is some elaborate conspiracy involving members of her family. Even her daughter has a place in all this.7:17 PM Aug 29th from web
20. We are going to try going through the sewers. Maybe they will lead somewhere besides retched labyrinth.6:15 PM Aug 29th from web

Steve_Darkside

1. Explosions! I got knocked to the ground.about 21 hours ago from web
2. I'm only 17. I can't die here in this hole.about 21 hours ago from web
3. Trapped, in a cell. All because of my father's failings.about 21 hours ago from web

cvxfreak

Interesting... Leon sounds like the main narrator judging from the re-tweets of Steve's stuff.

I can't wait till Steve tweets
his dying moments.
:lol :lol :lol

Thanks rockman!

cvxfreak said:
Interesting... Leon sounds like the main narrator judging from the re-tweets of Steve's stuff.

I can't wait till Steve tweets
his dying moments.
:lol :lol :lol

Thanks rockman!

''I'm naked and I got a hole in my stomach. Ouch. Claire's hot. Aaahhh......''

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
SketchTheArtist said:
''I'm naked and I got a hole in my stomach. Ouch. Claire's hot. Aaahhh......''

or some of his other finer moments

got stuck in a trap, but that claeeare chick totally helped me out, i used my manly voice, she wants me.

Prime Blue said:
Bumpy double post!

First glimpse at the South America stage here.

"The latest news about the special stage will be revealed, along with a powerful trailer. And the development staff will present their demo play."

2607cwi.png
Resident Evil: Zombie Eater?

woodypop

Got to play this at PAX (and scored the free t-shirt).

Will definitely be picking it up. Maybe not day one, but definitely, nonetheless.

Nobody knows what's going on in this village, save for the fact that there's only one survivor -- Manuela, a young girl in a ripped, blood-stained dress. She'll likely play an important role in this mission, but exactly what that'll be remains unknown.
I bet she's the zombie queen or some shit

Top Bottom