• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles: Official Thread

The game is one of THE best on rails shooter. Lots of levels, decent story, lots of weapons, tons of variety in enemies, leveling up your weapons, knife ability, counter attacks, quick time events, awesome bosses, and all lasting more then an hour. I mean what more could you want from a on rails shooter?

Zeed said:
Just got to Dark Legacy. I can say now that a good number of Prime Blue's original complaints are invalidated within the first five minutes.
Good for you that you didn't get the aforementioned story problems.

Zeed said:
And complaining about the lack of a self-destruct sequence seems really silly to me when it's established that the facility was secured, both through radio transmission and through the ending cutscene. Why blow it up if it's already secure? Durr.
Maybe you shouldn't read context into my posts that wasn't even there in the first place. cxv and I were talking about the missing of a self-destruct sequence in general, not relating it to the story. Not to mention the sarcastic undertone.

Or maybe you still didn't get that the illogicality of Chris's and Jill's "Umbrella's End" scenario bothers me.
Well then, be happy the game fully satisfies you plot-wise and stop trying to ridicule me because I don't have the same opinion as you.

Zeed

Banned
Prime Blue said:
Good for you that you didn't get the aforementioned story problems.
I was making an observation. Dark Legacy does in fact render some of your complaints invalid. Do you want me to go down your list one by one and tell you how you're factually wrong? Would you prefer to go back and forth about this for another few pages, or can you accept that I was making a simple observation?

Maybe you shouldn't read context into my posts that wasn't even there in the first place. cxv and I were talking about the missing of a self-destruct sequence in general
That's still an incredibly silly thing to complain about.

Not to mention the sarcastic undertone.
Oh, you were being sarcastic? Nevermind then.

Zeed said:
Do you want me to go down your list one by one and tell you how you're factually wrong?
I would totally love that! But with direct game quotes, please.
It's not that I want to rub my opinion in your faces, I'd just really like to know what exactly I missed from the story to get such heavy criticism. To me, my arguments seem very legit and I really can't remember any of Zenith's points that I did address in my previous post. I still haven't got a response from him.

Again, I don't want to argue about pivotal things, I'd like to know what I missed that I have such a flawed perception of the story.

Zeed

Banned
Prime Blue said:
I would totally love that! ^_^ But with direct game quotes, please.
1. Chris and Jill go to Russia wondering about the existence of a B.O.W., even "hoping that new bio weapon is just a rumour".
2. They don't give any mission objective whatsoever, they just go there. Neither to collect evidence, nor to destroy the facility, nor to defeat the B.O.W. (they are not even sure it exists).
These two are really one complaint. The objective is very obviously to secure the facility. Do they ever say "Our objective is to secure the facility?" No, but it can be very clearly inferred by communications with the rest of the attack force, such as "Factory secure, heavy casualties". If you're wondering why they're attacking it, it's established that the base is "mass producing B.O.W. for distribution in places of conflict throughout the globe". That's a logical reason to attack it as far as I'm concerned - the "new B.O.W." is just icing on the cake.

3. The facility is brimming with hundreds and hundreds of monsters - although not a single reason for an outbreak is given.
I think you know this by now, but this complaint is totally butchered by Dark Legacy. It shows, in considerable detail, how Sergei spreads the virus through his own facility in anticipation of the attack.

4. They infiltrate the facility without any problems - no security mechanisms, no guards, no nothing.
Did we play the same game? The upper facility is disguised as a simple chemical plant (see details here, scroll down to the profile of Umbrella Russian Branch). All the important stuff is deep underground, where we have a metric shitload of security - booby traps, mazes, hell even that stupid laser room from the movies. There are no guards because, as established in Dark Legacy "less than 2%" of the staff survived the outbreak.

5. Throughout the whole scenario Chris and Jill basically just say "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."
This isn't a specific complaint.

6. They get to the basement, Talos gets thrown at them by Sergei and they just kill it. They don't even muse about who Sergei could be.
They hear Sergei's voice and they say "Another Umbrella psycho", and be fair, to them that's all he is. What do you want them to do, whip out a laptop and go online to argue with strangers on the internet about Sergei while Talos pummels them?

7. A few seconds later they are back on the surface. They didn't blow up the facility, they only took out the bio weapon THEY WERE NOT EVEN AWARE OF while flying there and then call that a "fatal blow" to Umbrella.
They didn't need to blow up the facility, as I already pointed out it was secured already. Why blow it up if it's been secured? Also the facility's importance was established in a number of ways - they were using it to mass produce B.O.W. for worldwide distribution, and, more importantly, it housed the UMF-013 and the Red Queen, which are essentially the seeds of the corporation itself. Sergei states that so long as they have those, "we can always start over". Wesker might have gotten away with the data, but the team at the end of Chris and Jill's story are shown coming across Umbrella's emptied database. Without that, Umbrella cannot be revived. Satisfied?

cvxfreak

Zeed said:
They hear Sergei's voice and they say "Another Umbrella psycho", and be fair, to them that's all he is. What do you want them to do, whip out a laptop and go online to argue with strangers on the internet about Sergei while Talos pummels them?

I agree with this point, which is why I was pretty satisfied with the outcome. After witnessing people like the Ashfords and Nicholai, I'm fairly sure Chris and Jill don't care who they run into anymore.

Zeed

Banned
Nemesis is a son of a bitch that keeps messing up my plans to A rank Raccoon's Destruction 3. I need that to get Death's Door, dammit.

Zeed said:
The objective is very obviously to secure the facility. Do they ever say "Our objective is to secure the facility?" No, but it can be very clearly inferred by communications with the rest of the attack force, such as "Factory secure, heavy casualties". If you're wondering why they're attacking it, it's established that the base is "mass producing B.O.W. for distribution in places of conflict throughout the globe". That's a logical reason to attack it as far as I'm concerned - the "new B.O.W." is just icing on the cake.
Well, that means... The biohazard containment unit Chris and Jill belong to raids the facility because they want to secure it before the Russian government arrives (though we don't get to know what exactly the government will do there). That's much better than Zenith's explanation.

Zeed said:
It shows, in considerable detail, how Sergei spreads the virus through his own facility in anticipation of the attack.
Upon closer thought, it gets more plausible that Sergei releases the virus himself. He didn't just escape the facility, he was looking forward to the attack.
But why are the soldiers zombified so fast? The Red Queen detects the outbreak and the personell is already roaming the factory halls.
Itchy-Tasty-guy needed about ten days to become a fully fledged zombie, and even Marvin Branagh took a few hours. More effective t-Virus incarnation?

Zeed said:
Did we play the same game? The upper facility is disguised as a simple chemical plant (see details here, scroll down to the profile of Umbrella Russian Branch). All the important stuff is deep underground, where we have a metric shitload of security - booby traps, mazes, hell even that stupid laser room from the movies. There are no guards because, as established in Dark Legacy "less than 2%" of the staff survived the outbreak.
Yeah, but I meant the surface. They can just go in there without anything that prevents them from. Isn't it strange they don't need any wolf and eagle medals or something like that? Umbrella's got pretty lazy. And that five years after the initial outbreak in which several people got into their laboratories. Tsk, tsk...

Zeed said:
What do you want them to do, whip out a laptop and go online to argue with strangers on the internet about Sergei while Talos pummels them?
No, but after the fight they should be pretty concerned about one of Umbrella's higher staff members escaping the facility. o_O

Zeed said:
Satisfied?
Yes. Thank you.

cvxfreak

If there was still any doubt: the Wii Zapper blows. It's cool with Ghost Squad, but not UC.

And I just realized that they didn't use the Outbreak File 1 hospital level for the RE3 chapter even though it was actually featured in the original game. :lol

It would have made for a good sub-chapter for Carlos.

Dot50Cal

Banned
This gets even better, I just found out that Capcom fucked up their FMV's in this game if you have your Wii set to 16:9.

The encoded movies are 4:3. But rather than do the logical thing for the movies and put letterboxing on the left and right when you run in widescreen, Capcom just stretches the FMV's. What the hell. So now all the FMV sequences I've done are with an incorrect aspect ratio, making the scenes appear to be squished.

Here is a Capcom shot:
fram1.jpg

So you can see this is 640x360, it looks fine.

Now here is a 640x360 shot of the game I captured:
fram2.jpg

Wesker is clearly stretched here, and the sides are missing.

Lets try to resize this to the proper ratio:
fram3.jpg

And for shits and giggles, heres the resized frame inside the Capcom one:
fram4.jpg

A perfect match.

Yet they put out promotion pictures of 16:9 encodes. Its really baffling when you realize that the game runs in the 16:9 aspect ratio even when you have your Wii set to 4:3 (it uses letterbox). It made absolutely no sense to put the FMV's out in 4:3.

The only way I could see this making any sense is if they have black bars on the sides of the game during normal play. Does anyone have them when playing on your television?

farnham

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
This gets even better, I just found out that Capcom fucked up their FMV's in this game if you have your Wii set to 16:9.

The encoded movies are 4:3. But rather than do the logical thing for the movies and put letterboxing on the left and right when you run in widescreen, Capcom just stretches the FMV's. What the hell. So now all the FMV sequences I've done are with an incorrect aspect ratio, making the scenes appear to be squished.

Here is a Capcom shot:
fram1.jpg

So you can see this is 640x360, it looks fine.

Now here is a 640x360 shot of the game I captured:
fram2.jpg

Wesker is clearly stretched here, and the sides are missing.

Lets try to resize this to the proper ratio:
fram3.jpg

And for shits and giggles, heres the resized frame inside the Capcom one:
fram4.jpg

A perfect match.

Yet they put out promotion pictures of 16:9 encodes. Its really baffling when you realize that the game runs in the 16:9 aspect ratio even when you have your Wii set to 4:3 (it uses letterbox). It made absolutely no sense to put the FMV's out in 4:3.

The only way I could see this making any sense is if they have black bars on the sides of the game during normal play. Does anyone have them when playing on your television?

doesnt look that different to me.. but wow.. you have great eyes..

LOcKY

Im guessing you been playing lots of Big Brain Academy A LOT :)

i think everyone knows that Capcom could have perhaps fixed these as im sure who ever put these clips together would have said something but assuming the deadline and budget these probably were to do list that never got done.

Thats what happens when you try and push your product for xmas deadlines i guess

Dot50Cal

Banned
No, just encoding videos a lot. I wish I noticed it sooner, I really hate playing this game :lol

The real aspect ratio is perfect at 560x360 (this isnt counting black bars and such). This applies for in-game as well as FMV's. I should have noticed it sooner though, the promo vids Capcom has been releasing are 577x358, with black bars filling out the sides and top to reach 640x480.

Can someone whos running 4:3 on their television run the game and tell me if you see black bars on the SIDES of your screen during gameplay?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Dot50Cal said:
Can someone whos running 4:3 on their television run the game and tell me if you see black bars on the SIDES of your screen during gameplay?

I didn't see any black bars when I played an hour ago for the first time.

Here's a comprehensive list of the canonical issues in the bonus scenarios (the three main game scenarios are not included as they are horribly shortened and should not be taken as canon by anyone).

Beginnings: Works except for Wesker having to activate the cable car and fighting the Proto Tyrant (which are merely gameplay mechanics to stretch the level) and the opening cutscene. That one is almost an exact retelling of the elevator cutscene from biohazard 0. Some stuff was cut to shorten it, Birkin gets a little more angry and his voice actor now sucks (that guy's supposed to be 36 years old?).
Important new plot points:
- Sergei is on a mission to retrieve the T-A.L.O.S. from the Arklay Research Facility
- Sergei meets Wesker and is not pleased about his leaving the Management Training Facility behind, he seems to be one of the highly loyal kind
- After that encounter, Wesker regrouped with the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team and lured them to the mansion in the evening of July 24th, 1998

Nightmare: Works if Wesker has some sort of master key. That would mean that most of the doors were unlocked until the Alpha Team arrived at the mansion and Wesker locked the doors to hinder them from progressing too fast. Thus, it could be entirely possible that Rebecca got to the staff quarters and took a rest there.
- Rebecca and Richard saw Sergei and Ivan leaving the mansion area, with a bodybag that contains the T-A.L.O.S. prototype
- Richard was bitten while he was trying to save Rebecca from the Yawn

Rebirth: Now that's just a matter of preference. While that scenario clearly shows Wesker impaled by the Tyrant, I still like the story given in the biohazard archives more. There, he died from a bullet wound and/or traumatic brain injury (when he was hit by the Tyrant) - that just works way better for me because it doesn't involve innards ripped out of Wesker. But as said, just a matter of preference.
- Wesker tried to get the Umbrella research data immediately after his rebirth
- Sergei transferred this data to the U.M.F.-013 in fear of Wesker attempting to steal everything
- Wesker's access privileges to the mainframe system have been revoked
- Wesker didn't know about Red Queen yet (seems to be a pretty secretive program, huh)
- There's also White Queen
- Red Queen has three objectives, of which only two are given: Management and protection of Umbrella assets as well as the protection of Umbrella officer lives
- Wesker meets Lisa one last time, who chases him through the Spencer estate before Wesker gives her the final treatment

Death's Door: Works if Ada survived being thrown at the panel in Leon B and bandaged herself.
Important new plot points (speculation in italics):
- Leon B is the canonical scenario
- Ada survives being thrown at the panel by the T-103 and bandaged herself
- She gets a tissue fragment from Birkin's seemingly dead body (fourth form) in the underground laboratory (or, alternatively, just provides Wesker with "a different present", as she did in biohazard4, I mentioned that possibility below), then gets back up to the train station and drops Leon the rocket launcher to finish off the mutated T-103
- Ada puts Sherry's pendant with the second G-Virus sample in her pocket, leaves the area through the sewers ("Death's Door" begins here) and gets back up to Raccoon City in order to meet a contact person at the Apple Inn
- She finds this person lying dead and moments later, Wesker tells her via phone that she failed and that her rescuing Leon will have consequences for their organization (he's most likely talking about S)
- Ada shows him the tissue sample after which Wesker informs her that Raccoon City will be sterilized by a missile in a few moments and her only way to get out is a chopper which an Umbrella officer (should be Sergei, but a picture of...someone else is shown) uses to escape from Raccoon City, and provides her with the grapple gun, thus "saving her life" through the information
- Ada wonders what the G-Virus getting out would mean if even the t-Virus had such devastating effects (which is kind of strange as the G-Virus works only through direct injection, but she either doesn't know that or means something else by "getting out") - she could have provided Wesker with a fake tissue sample but as they have a healthy relationship in 2004 and she still had the pendant to provide her own organization with a G-Virus sample, Wesker probably got the tissue fragment
- Ada makes it to a roof, defeats another Tyrant and uses her grapple gun to board the helicopter
- In the helicopter, Sergei Vladimir and another mysterious man (maybe this is the first picture of Spencer...but the dialogue suggests something else) have a conversation
Sergei: You think I'm reckless, don't you?
???: You stole the computer core from your own company. I wouldn't exactly call that stable.
Sergei: (laughs) The people who go down in history as its heroes are never stable. Inside U.M.F.-013 is all of the research data. With that, Umbrella will rise from the ashes. (laughs again)

Fourth Survivor: Works except for the opening which is a retelling of the original 4th Survivor intro and the BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE epilogue file.
- The survival rate of the Umbrella Special Forces was 4% (so it consisted of 25 people, as only HUNK survived)

Dot: I saw a thread about that some time ago, on Capcom BBS. But I cannot find it anymore.

Mamesj

Banned
So, the impressions seem all over the place in this thread.

Barring the story complaints, which I don't care about in the least, can someone who's an experienced gamer that actually knows what a light gun game is tell me how the game plays? Just looking for a list of pluses and minuses about the control, difficulty, and pacing.

Costanza

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
No, just encoding videos a lot. I wish I noticed it sooner, I really hate playing this game :lol

The real aspect ratio is perfect at 560x360 (this isnt counting black bars and such). This applies for in-game as well as FMV's. I should have noticed it sooner though, the promo vids Capcom has been releasing are 577x358, with black bars filling out the sides and top to reach 640x480.

I have black bars on the sides.

hclflow

Mamesj said:
So, the impressions seem all over the place in this thread.

Barring the story complaints, which I don't care about in the least, can someone who's an experienced gamer that actually knows what a light gun game is tell me how the game plays? Just looking for a list of pluses and minuses about the control, difficulty, and pacing.

Just got done playing the first two chapters co-op, and I must say as a lover of light-gun games that RE:UC is quite good. Not flippin' fantastic or anything, but solid.

As far as control, it's pretty spot-on. Weak spots on enemies for critical hits could stand to be a bit more forgiving, but when you're dead on, it's very satisfying. Of course it doesn't feel quite like a light gun game because of the nature of the Wiimote, but it's close enough for me. Pointer action is fluid.

Only complaint is that some QTEs are a little annoying because you have to mash the required button so many times before it registers as successful. Intentional, I'm sure, but mildly annoying nonetheless. Oh, and when playing Wiimote-only (my preferred method), the amount of force you have to use when waggling to reload is a bit jarring, but it was probably to keep players from reloading unintentionally in the middle of firefights. It's not terribly bad, but enough to notice.

As for difficulty, the first chapter is a breeze, and the second steps up the difficulty a couple notches. Only died once on it though. Will find out about the others later. I'm sure it gets quite difficult. Boss fights, particularly in the second chapter, were pretty damn fun.

The pacing is mostly good. There were a couple times where I thought, "why the fuck am I staring at this wall for three seconds?" But other than some minor quibbles about lingering in interspersed areas for a couple seconds too long, it's good so far.

Overall, I'm enjoying myself far more than I anticipated. It really is like a rail shooter taken to the next level with regards to depth and replayability. And the ability to have multiple weapons and switch on the fly to adapt to situations is well-done.

If you're any kind of a light gun geek and own a Wii, I think you owe it to yourself to at least rent this to feel it out. My rental has convinced me within a couple hours that I must own this.

gray_fox224 said:
I want to get this, but I'm abit behind the RE lore. Does the game do a good job on flushing out the story on each title?
I'd say no. They cut a few very important aspects and overall they're far less dramatic than the original stories.

gray_fox224 said:
I want to get this, but I'm abit behind the RE lore. Does the game do a good job on flushing out the story on each title?

It's cliff-noted, so to speak.

I'm sure the files and reports you obtain throughout however (which are text-read) probably flesh things out a bit more.

gray_fox224

C- Warrior said:
It's cliff-noted, so to speak.

I'm sure the files and reports you obtain throughout however (which are text-read) probably flesh things out a bit more.

Prime Blue said:
I'd say not. They cut a few very important aspects and overall they're far less dramatic than the original stories.

Thanks.

Ahh...I'm still on the fence. =(

Zeed

Banned
gray_fox224 said:
Thanks.

I would say yes. The first three main chapters don't add much, but the subchapters are purest fanservice. Wesker's chapters particularly. Ada's adds the most to the story, but nothing beats the rush of being chased by Lisa Trevor as a newly-superhuman Wesker, and then turning the hunter into the hunted and seeing how her story ends.

cvxfreak

gray_fox224 said:
Thanks.

It's a main storyline RE just for the final chapter and a few of the subchapters alone. So if you wanted to know the whole RE storyline, then you'd have no choice but to play UC.

Interestingly enough, Jun Takeuchi, who's involved in RE5, was I believe an advisor for REUC. It makes me wonder if UC's plot will have some bearing on RE5's.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
This game is pretty fun. I played up to the end of the RE3 section, on co-op. The critical shots are kind of a bitch to hit, in desperate situations. Thats about one of my only gripes with the shooting aspect of the game. The pacing is fine, and the replay factor as well. The bosses are fun to take down too. Nemesis is out of hand though. I was so close to killing him without getting touched, but, that stupid attack of his, when he's on the roof, always hits me. :/

They added an obscene amount of hunters in the game. O_O I hate turning around and having one of them, or a crimson head, staring at you in the face. -_-

All of the flashlight sections are cool.

The weapon switch could have used some work. Should have been a cross, instead of the straight line they give you. That gets a bit annoying, trying to switch to a shotgun or, whatever is in the middle, of all of the guns that are empty.

gray_fox224

cvxfreak said:
It's a main storyline RE just for the final chapter and a few of the subchapters alone. So if you wanted to know the whole RE storyline, then you'd have no choice but to play UC.

Interestingly enough, Jun Takeuchi, who's involved in RE5, was I believe an advisor for REUC. It makes me wonder if UC's plot will have some bearing on RE5's.

Zeed said:
I would say yes. The first three main chapters don't add much, but the subchapters are purest fanservice. Wesker's chapters particularly. Ada's adds the most to the story, but nothing beats the rush of being chased by Lisa Trevor as a newly-superhuman Wesker, and then turning the hunter into the hunted and seeing how her story ends.

All right. You guys sold me. Thanks to all.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
After trudging through that HORRIBLE first chapter I can now say that I am having a blast with this game playing through RE1 with Jill/Chris and Nightmare with Rebecca/Richard. Learn how to critical hit enemies then the game will be a lot more fun and satisfying. RE0 was a horrible way to start off such a fun game. Also the more you play the more you unlock with guns and upgrades and sub chapters so it rewards the player quite well. I reccomend it to anyone who liked the RE series or a fan of the genre.

MiniDitka

Dot50Cal said:

Here are some videos I recorded of REUC running in 4:3

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icG3_lkbYpo

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faaBN7PNWaU

3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dqMO0DaZ0U

4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrfhD7n3LNM

jrricky

Banned
This game is officially awesome. It started off really slow and now its ramping up. And This is coming from a person who only played RE4.:D

rocK`

Banned
Just got through this game with a friend...we finished all 3 story lines, kinda C'd our way through it :(. I don't think I'm going to keep the game though, I don't see a need to perfect this game.

consoul

Ah, you guys are killin' me.
The one time I decide not to import an NTSC console, a bloody exclusive Biohazard game comes out on it. Waiting for the PAL version for the lose.

Thanks for the impressions. It sounds like awesome fanservice.

While I've been waiting, I made a Resident Evil custom PS3 theme using in-game items from the pre-RE4 games for all the icons. I posted it in the other thread, but I figure this is where all the real Resi fans are right now. If you have a PS3, check it out.

Tenbatsu

The critical hit in this game is like the Issen in Onimusha series. Cant wait to see people completing UC with 100% critical hits.

Lobster

Banned
Absinthe said:
Wesker is a bad ass. The fact that he sounds like Morgan Freeman makes him even more of a bad ass.

Yeah he does sound a lot like Morgan Freeman. Which can only mean one thing...

he is god

I gotta say that I'm pleasantly surprised with the game. My roommate and I rented it and we unlocked pretty much everything we can regarding scenarios, stages, and weapons. We still have a ton of files to pick up, however.

What happens when you beat that zombie shooting gallery? My roommate got up to 10 and then died because he didn't know what to do.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Absinthe said:
I gotta say that I'm pleasantly surprised with the game. My roommate and I rented it and we unlocked pretty much everything we can regarding scenarios, stages, and weapons. We still have a ton of files to pick up, however.

What happens when you beat that zombie shooting gallery? My roommate got up to 10 and then died because he didn't know what to do.
You get the Katana Knife weapon from Remake. It's pretty badass going through the whole game slashin the hell out of zombies with one hit.

I'm just kiddin I got no clue.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Tenbatsu said:
The critical hit in this game is like the Issen in Onimusha series. Cant wait to see people completing UC with 100% critical hits.

I tried doing that in one of Wesker's missions, and... :( Its to hard to pull off. Issening was easier in comparison. I'd love to see someone beating the level with 100% critical hits.

cvxfreak

Criticals are easy to learn, hard to master.

Criticals come with decaps right? (don't remember seeing the answer in this thread) The Japanese version doesn't have decaps so I don't know for sure.

Tenbatsu

cvxfreak said:
Criticals are easy to learn, hard to master.

Criticals come with decaps right? (don't remember seeing the answer in this thread) The Japanese version doesn't have decaps so I don't know for sure.

Decaps are present in the US version.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Quaz over at Beyond3D says the game is rendered in 640x480 when you run your Wii in widescreen (this is of course resized by your TV to 640x360), so at least they are making proper use of anamorphic displays :) For those out there recording the game in 16:9 your maximum proper resolution is 640x411 (or 416 if you need mod16 height).

I have played a lot more of this game, done nearly every mission except a few side ones. Yeah this game is great, it is one of the best light gun games ever. The Outbreak levels take the intensity to levels you expect to see in games of this genre. There are all sorts of wow moments as monsters come at you from everywhere and you are struggling to keep them at bay with whatever weapons you got. Its not just the on rails stuff that is great, the customization, the ranking system and little things like QTE segments make it more interesting than your average shooter. This is the type of game the Wii was made for, here is a game that will not work on any other system it makes perfect use of the wiimote and delivers a unique experience to a franchise we all know. This is a side game done right. If only this game was a tad bit more polished I think it could have been very special.

Story wise, as a recap of the series its terrible, it creates its own story almost. But the final stage is cool as hell and I have enjoyed that story aspect so far. The Wesker stages are everything I wanted, Wesker is a bad ass. When I beat the game I will get into the story but I am surprised they didn't screw it up, its ok.

Top Bottom