• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

kenta

Has no PEINS
I like cover 3 but I'm afraid I won't get that cover in my standard edition so I don't want to vote for it. I hate the retardedly jumbo tin/plastic cases the collectors editions come in and won't buy them because they look idiotic on my shelf

But I really like that third cover

jjasper

kenta said:
I like cover 3 but I'm afraid I won't get that cover in my standard edition so I don't want to vote for it. I hate the retardedly jumbo tin/plastic cases the collectors editions come in and won't buy them because they look idiotic on my shelf

I don't like those either the cases MS used for Perfect Dark Zero and Halo 2 are the best ones.

dralla

Cover 3.

I'm disappointed to see Insomniac go the CE route, they usually throw stuff like BTS videos on the disc at no extra charge.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
one thing scee has over scea is there cover-picking ability

... the cover from R1 is so much greater than what i have seen from R2 ... cant believ it -

i need a demo quick - arguing about freaking covers is lousy....

Rolf NB

chubigans said:
What awards did the first game's box art win?
It placed number one in the category "Best cover art for the game Resistance: Fall Of Man, for the PS3, on a disc, in a box, with a cover" across 54 countries.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
dralla said:
Cover 3.

I'm disappointed to see Insomniac go the CE route, they usually throw stuff like BTS videos on the disc at no extra charge.

Oh don't worry, the Collector's Edition has much more than that...

Ploid 3.0

Ok now I'm probably getting the CE. I never got a CE before but for Insomniac I may very well do so after JStevenson last post. Insomniac have had the best easteregg I have seen in a game (Ratchet and Clank's Insomniac studio tour). I await the info on the CE.

Insomniac Studio tour v2.0, with Rusty Pete as the character you control! Fight the huge chess pieces, battle wrench carrying Ted and his back up balloon ball hopping sidekicks, and I'm thinking too much into this.

The Jer

I understand the reasoning for the new cover choices.
- focus of story on Hale rather than on the situation as a whole
- less dark and gray and more "fun", bright, color scheme and overall feel of game
- the cover needs to sell games and move units and the newer choices will do it much better than the R1 cover, honestly (and unfortunately).

But, that first cover looks awful to me. I really don't want that cover on my shelf. The third cover is pretty darn good. But, man o man, that fourth cover (realize it's not one of the actual cover choices) is so fricken awesome. I'd love to have that on my shelf.

lupinko

The PlayStation Network sign on the cover is fine, but like everybody else, the "Only On PlayStation" is horrible, and really tacky.

After 3 previous generations of PlayStation, you guys don't need to start now in copying Nintendo and Microsoft's lame "Only on" schtick. :lol =/

Concept17

Goldrusher said:
jqgig1.jpg

It's a brilliant cover, but it's so different from the first.

Absolutely love this one. It may be a big step away from the original boxart, but it is a huge improvement and catches your eye much more easily. The other two, and the '4th' with the ship are all too busy at the top. That 4th one is also rather boring, and lacks Hale on the cover. Not to mention that particular concept art is much better in its original form.

lupinko said:
The PlayStation Network sign on the cover is fine, but like everybody else, the "Only On PlayStation" is horrible, and really tacky.

After 3 previous generations of PlayStation, you guys don't need to start now in copying Nintendo and Microsoft's lame "Only on" schtick. :lol =/

I agree. Atleast its not in a crooked box with a scribbly font and doesn't say "and coming soon to PC!" if you look closely enough.

Basch

I thought this fourth cover was a joke. Like, this imaginary cover we wished we had is so much better than all of the combined. :lol So if there is any, would someone kindly post the link for me. Thanks.

-viper-

Banned
Goldrusher said:
jqgig1.jpg

It's a brilliant cover, but it's so different from the first.
Is that the Collector's Edition cover or the Standard cover as well?

Out of those three, this was the clear winner and it to be honest, I think it looks pretty good. Certainly is quite eye catching as well. But I don't like the 'Only on Playstation... Playstation Network' logos as well.

I hope they don't have that on the EU covers..

Dever

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
I just wanted a Chimera skull with everything in it...

That got me thinking, the cover for Resistance 3 should totally be a Chimera skull with the entire world map carved into it. Maybe. Don't know how it would actually look, it just sounds cool

wouwie

None of the covers are particulary bad, but none is particulary good either. Cover nr.4 is by far the nicest one.

Strange as Insomniac is always doing such great artwork (most of the concept art coming from Insomniac is actually brilliant).

GodofWine

MrTroubleMaker said:
Is that the final name of the game too? Just Resistance 2 ? I was hoping for a subtitle like the first one to "keep the theme".

I thought it was to be "Rise of Man", perhaps thats for the 3rd one, so it will be "Fall" the just Resistance then "Rise of man"? Makes sense in a way

jett

D-Member
The third one is the best one, but they're all pretty meh compared to the original. Actually no, the third one is decent, the others are total crap. Give us better choices Insomniac, wtf. I think it's pretty obvious this is all a sham and they intentionally made the first covers look like shit so that everyone inevitably pick the third.

I won't be buying the CE, I sure don't want to be stuck with those two ugly ass pieces of "art" on the case...

____

MrTroubleMaker said:
Is that the final name of the game too? Just Resistance 2 ? I was hoping for a subtitle like the first one to "keep the theme".

I've heard a lot of "Resistance 2: United We Fall"

edit: Actually, to add to that...didn't halo start as Halo: Combat Evolved, then Halo 2 and Halo 3 without subtitles?

I honestly don't know and haven't googled...even if it's true, I guess it's hardly relevant here

Ploid 3.0

DancingJesus said:
halo-3-20070622024230584.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/902/902660/pick-the-cover-for-resistance-2-collectors-edition-20080825074918662.jpg

Good work Insomniac...[/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.reggie.net/photos/japan/shizuoka-ken/lake_tanukiko/2636353_fuji_reflection-600.jpg

Good work Bungie... Note, the picture under hale, and the logo isn't a puddle of water, or a direct reflection of any kind.

GodofWine said:
I thought it was to be "Rise of Man", perhaps thats for the 3rd one, so it will be "Fall" the just Resistance then "Rise of man"? Makes sense in a way

yeah, I thought "rise of man" was going to be number 3, hmm

____ said:
I've heard a lot of "Resistance 2: United We Fall"

edit: Actually, to add to that...didn't halo start as Halo: Combat Evolved, then Halo 2 and Halo 3 without subtitles?

I honestly don't know and haven't googled...even if it's true, I guess it's hardly relevant here

Resistance 2: United We Fall, that could work :) hopes

and yep your right about the halo titles, strange that the subtitle got dropped.

GodofWine

The cover could be purple with a yellow R2 on the cover and it would sell...

I keep telling myself to rent this...and buy other games..and save my next FPS fix for KZ2..but you know as well as I do, Im gonna buy this.

deepbrown

Don't like cover 3. It's way too gamey, suggesting a sharp shooting multiplayer game...I'd walk straight past it. Box 2 is way better...has a stronger concept and suggests depth and a good story.

xintin

eh, sure the covers are similar, but at least the R2 one is showing 2 sides of the story. and i just like the overall fell of it more anyways~

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I think the Cover#3 should have the Black Ops behind him(pointing to Co-Op) and the Chimera at the bottom with....Chimeras, behim him/her:D

FightyF

Banned
Whoa I'm getting a Bad Religion ad for this page...they're touring Canada. Gotta get my tix!

As far as cover #4 goes, it's pretty epic, but only to me as a Resistance fan. To my friends who never gave Resistance a shot, it doesn't mean much at all.

I like the only on playstation and playstation network. They should do that on all game from now on but the "only on playstation" should be "only on Playstation 3":D

Basch

AmericanNinja said:
I like the only on playstation and playstation network. They should do that on all game from now on but the "only on playstation" should be "only on Playstation 3":D

Resistance 2 to be ported to PSP. :D

SOCOM: Confrontation is also sporting the Only PlayStation and PSN logos.

____

MrTroubleMaker said:
Resistance 2: United We Fall, that could work :) hopes

and yep your right about the halo titles, strange that the subtitle got dropped.

It could work if it holds some relevance to the story.

maybe JS can provide us with some insight? ninjasmiley.jpg

cryptic

All the covers are too bold. I'd like something a bit more reserved.

As in something not appearing to blatantly seek the attention of the mountain dew demographic.

Yixian

Banned
cryptic said:
All the covers are too bold. I'd like something a bit more reserved.

As in something not appearing to blatantly seek the attention of the mountain dew demographic.

So buy the EU version.

BeeDog

NinjaFridge said:
I like it a lot actually. It could do with a little toucing up but it looks damn good to me.

Thanks man, it was just a quick 10 minute photoshop of an idea I had. I'm by no means an artist, but if other people fancy it (and Insomniac themselves) they can rip off the idea however they want for all I care.

Top Bottom