• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Melchiah

“The Heroes expansion will go live on 25th June and the full price will be €4.99. But, we are also providing an option for you to buy a season pass that includes the Heroes expansion pack, and will let you be the first to download more great game add-ons that we are developing, as soon as they’re released, at no extra cost.

“Future expansions will add yet more game modes, along with a range of other content, additional trophies and the original soundtrack, and the season pass is attractively priced at a lowly €7.99, which is simply a steal for the convenience it offers and ensuring you have the full and definitive RESOGUN experience.

Nice. I was wondering what the season pass includes.

haha there's nothing like being the first to buy DLC so your first try at a mode lands you in the top 50. And then the next day you aren't even in the top 500.

resogun_2014062417320iyswz.jpg

Survival is awesome btw. It seems like it'll be a good idea to build a ship with lots of boost attribute.

Ha, right up there with you. Survival is great.

AMAZING TOUCH: Top scorers' names are all around the level as little Human statues in the background. Just a fantastic way to honour the high scorers.

Also, on that game over screen, press L3 and R3 together for a cool panorama and take some screenshots :p

Survival is really fun, I wonder if there is an "end" to survival, as there seems to be a set number of night/day phases.

Demolition on the other hand doesn't feel as exciting...

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, I actually ended up liking Demolition way more than I thought I would. The first few times I tried it were complete failures and I just didn't get it. But then it clicked a bit and I scored 8 million.

Yeah, I actually ended up liking Demolition way more than I thought I would. The first few times I tried it were complete failures and I just didn't get it. But then it clicked a bit and I scored 8 million.

I'm at 6 mill. Any tips? I keep getting cornered by those stupid homing enemies that just love to crash into me :mad:

Grinchy

Banned
I'm at 6 mill. Any tips? I keep getting cornered by those stupid homing enemies that just love to crash into me :mad:

Yeah those guys are rough. Lately I've been dying from when I have like 5 balls zipping around the screen and I get hit by one haha. I doubt I have any good tips, you're scoring as well as I am. I did get 8.7 mill earlier but the servers were borked so I'm not sure if it'll update the score or not.

I think the key in the mode is to always try to shoot the balls into the powerups instead of blowing them up yourself. And obviously to destroy as many things as possible with well aimed shots. I got lucky earlier and got the 1000 combo trophy. I doubt I could have done it if I was actually trying.

red731

Seriously, I can't stop playing it. The new DLC modes are both so good. I didn't think I'd like Demolition so much.

Tell me about it! Haha. Demoliton is awesome take on Arkanoid ever!

Everything regarding that mode clicked after like four deaths - the "hold any button" what? The explosion, the ball and the trajectory in which it will fly, recharge, additional ball, balls taouching balls, balls touching my ships and killing me :D Damn.

ed: sorry SGDQ *turns on PS4 again

red731

I was just singing that I came in like a Wrecking Ball when the trophy (name)
"I came in like a Resogun"
poped up!

One%2BFlew%2BOver%2BThe%2BCuckoo%2527s%2BNest%2B2.png

Number45

So those that have bought the season pass: did you just download the season pass object to your PS4 and it automatically downloads the DLC?

EDIT: OK, looks like it just makes the DLC show up as free in the store. This is my first season pass, so it's all new to me!

Novocaine

Anyone in Australia having problems with this DLC as well?

So I bought the season pass, "bought" the heroes expansion but I can't download it. If I go to the store on the PS4 it says "content not available at this time". And if I try to remotely download it from the browser store a download box option doesn't show up.

Pissing me off, I really want to play this. :/

Melchiah

Anyone in Australia having problems with this DLC as well?

So I bought the season pass, "bought" the heroes expansion but I can't download it. If I go to the store on the PS4 it says "content not available at this time". And if I try to remotely download it from the browser store a download box option doesn't show up.

Pissing me off, I really want to play this. :/

I was baffled by the same yesterday. The content was already included in the previous update, buying only unlocks it, so no need to download anything. You can check it from your library under Resogun, and it should show as installed.

Novocaine

I was baffled by the same yesterday. The content was already included in the previous update, buying only unlocks it, so no need to download anything. You can check it from your library under Resogun, and it should show as installed.

I had a feeling that was the case but the new game modes have been greyed out.

I found a fix though. Went to settings > PSN > restore purchases and it's all working fine now!

Melchiah

I had a feeling that was the case but the new game modes have been greyed out.

I found a fix though. Went to settings > PSN > restore purchases and it's all working fine now!

Oddly enough, they were automatically unlocked for me. However, I think it could have been better explained how it works. I imagine, that people with less knowledge of the system's intricacies might be even more baffled about it.

Grinchy

Banned
Mine (in the US) only let me play after buying from the store, going in-game, and then telling to to go to the store again to buy it. But when it got to the store it was already bought and just said to download. Then the game let me play it. It was definitely a little funky.

Looking for someone to play this. Want to unlock some trophies. Maybe the easy one first since its the pass rhe game with a friend without dying. Then complete it in Veteran difficulty. Add me on PSN nick same as here.

SIxStringPsycho

Milly79

Looking to play coop with some North American. Keep getting paired with euros and that makes survival 20x harder.

Psn id is my GAF name.

Edit: well, I got it, but feel free to add me if you want to coop.

BigDug13

So they've changed the way you rescue humans post patch. Now there's 2 humans that are not kept by keepers and they simply die, even if I destroy all keepers and rescue all of those kept humans.

How do you rescue the last 2 that are now not kept by keepers?

morlock

Stupid question: My "humans" sound like homer simpsons and wave, what it looks like, an american flag. Plus they are not all green. Is that because I have platinum or something else?

FStop7

Banned
I can't stop playing Resogun.

I got a PS4 last Friday.

I got a few games like Tomb Raider, AC4, FIFA, etc.

I keep saying I'm going to sit down and play them.

I put in the disc, but then I say "But first, I'll play a quick round of Resogun."

3 hours later, I'm still playing Resogun.

It's like Geometry Wars, all over again. But (IMHO) much, much better.

TripOpt55

I have been able to get into the top 100 on Survival. Usually I fall out by the next day, but it is pretty sweet. Highest I've been on a leaderboard probably!

MMaRsu

Banned
Hi guys I have a question :).

My EU account has downloaded Resogun when it was free on ps+. Recently I have made a US account to purchase 1001 spikes and I have 5 dollars left.

Can I buy the Resogun DLC from the US store and will it work with my EU downloaded version?

Audioboxer

Ian from Sony XDev hooked me up with two season pass codes, probably one for me and one for my GF. We both met him at the Eurogamer Expo last year, really nice guy.

My GF and I just share the PS4 just now, we both have our own PS3s but for now just the one PS4. Happy to give the other season pass code to someone on GAF, wanted to give Ian a shout out for being kind, but then thought I'll raffle one code away on here to a fellow Resogun fan.

It's an EU code.

Tell me your favourite thing about Resogun and/or Housemarque and I'll pick someone later on (I always think its better for everyone to feel they have a chance over first come first serve - I enjoy creativity as well :p).

morlock

Beat my score

5CY.jpg
Nicely done!

My best so far us 609M with ferox (i think), but I try getting better with phobos and 0-10-5. I will not rest until I reach 1 billion :p

I'll leave my record on demolition be for now (287 million) as demo is not as much fun as survival.

TripOpt55

I'm actually in that screen! I have you by one spot CJ (or I did when you took that screen). I have been using 7-8-0 Nemesis. The furthest I have gotten is Day 9-1. Once the revenge bullets start in Day 8 I'm kind of a mess. I notice that most people at the top use 0-10-5 Phobos like Morlock mentioned. Might have to give that a try. I seem to have hit a wall with my current build.

morlock

Nemesis sets of revenge bullets everywere with its homing missiles, not very handy...

I cant decide which one I prefer, ferox or phobos. Phobos is powerful on large enemies and kills sentinels real fast but ferox has better range...

Using 0-10-5 enable you to use overdrive more often so you can cherrypick power ups but if you loose the powershield on later days it get nasty... :)

Picked up a used PS4 yesterday. I know eventually I'll have an x1 as well but Resogun was what pushed me to get the PS4 first. It wasn't The Last of Us..it wasn't inFAMOUS..it was Resogun, lol.

I've been playing Survival and this is exactly what I was looking for. Before this DLC, Resogun was still a great game but personally, I felt like something was missing. Survival was that missing piece and I am addicted all over again.

Things really pick up on day 3 and that's where I'm currently stuck on.

This game is perfect. Looking forward to seeing people's high scores and hopefully competing myself!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Nicely done!

My best so far us 609M with ferox (i think), but I try getting better with phobos and 0-10-5. I will not rest until I reach 1 billion :p

I'll leave my record on demolition be for now (287 million) as demo is not as much fun as survival.

Thanks man. 609M is a great score so congrats!

Just beat my score. Currently number one in Australia :p

Vgab.jpg

TEH-CJ

Banned
I'm actually in that screen! I have you by one spot CJ (or I did when you took that screen). I have been using 7-8-0 Nemesis. The furthest I have gotten is Day 9-1. Once the revenge bullets start in Day 8 I'm kind of a mess. I notice that most people at the top use 0-10-5 Phobos like Morlock mentioned. Might have to give that a try. I seem to have hit a wall with my current build.

Phobos at 100% weapon power up cuts through the Sentinals like butter :)

give it a go man.

Melchiah

Patch details.

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209
Hi there,

as some of you already noticed, the latest Resogun v1.04 patch is out!

Even though we've been talking about this for a while, the patch ended up being kinda stealth-released by Sony without much warning. Since the official patch notes aren't really that detailed (something done undoubtedly to cut down localization time and release the patch sooner), here's a list of the most significant changes you'll find in the latest update:

* Editor: Custom ship slots increased to 10
* All Modes: Tweaked weapons on lower upgrade levels to be more enjoyable (most noticable on Phobos)
* All Modes: Tweaked boost to be slightly more aggressive on lower attributes (most noticable on Phobos attribute setup)
* All Modes: Made humans not react to homing missiles to help avoid surprise deaths
* All Modes: Made Phobos main bullets not explode upon impact with Humans
* All Modes: Fixed rare bug where input would get lost during online play (this should fix the "boost not working" bug players were complaining about)
* Arcade: made Overdrive score cap to 10k instead of 1k (this change does NOT affect Survival scoring)
* Arcade: Keeper Swarmers and Large Swarmers no longer leave the playfield
* Arcade: Fixed bug where ordered Keepers on Febris would show up in incorrect order in online coop
* Survival: Made Munchers (human "eaters") have a minimum human absorption time of 7 seconds (gives player enough time to react now)
* Survival: Fixed shields and powercubes bugging in online coop
* Various small rendering fixes and tweaks (bloom tweaks, particle effects for weapons, custom ship rendering, text placement etc.)
* Various small bug fixes and optimizations throughout the game and menus

That's about it. Please try out the latest update and let us know what you think!

Gustavoh

Neo Member
Is it me or has the patch made survival mode slightly harder? IIRC, before the patch I could kill those cube enemies outright by boosting into them, whereas now most of the time they just shatter into their component small cubes (thus I end up smack in the middle of a cube cloud with no way out after boosting into them).

F-Pina

I am currently around the 600.000.000 score mark on Survival.
I know I can do double this as I always do some mistakes, so it's just a matter of time for climbing up to the top 100 :)

Wow some real pros in here I just came in to post that I was so happy to reach day 6 in survival!

Just picked up the season pass in the EU sale and I have to say, the expansion is unbelievably good, survival alone is better than the entire original game in my eyes, they did a phenomenal job.

Roll on DLC 2!

Top Bottom