• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resolution: Which game is next?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Please lock if not thread worthy.

After the revelation of disparity between Battlefield 4 and COD: Ghost on the PS4 and the Xbox One, which game is next on the ever growing list? Many people will buy consoles for the exclusives, as do I, but we have to be honest now and realise that one console is indeed more powerful than the other. This should not be a problem if you buy a console for the exclusives alone, which makes the argument of resolution and power somewhat redundant.

We know now that Assassins Creed: Black Flag is 1080p/60fps Multiplayer and 1080p/30fps singleplayer on the PS4, but we are yet to see gameplay on the Xbox one (to my knowledge at least). Why is that? Could that be the next revelation? I know that Sony have gone to great lengths to associate the Assassins Creed franchise with the Playstation brand so perhaps it's nothing more than an extension of that; however, I think it's more likely that Ubisoft Montreal are having problems maximising the resolution on the Xbox One.

So IS Assassins Creed: Black Flag likely to be the next game in line for another round of enigmatic posts from CBOAT, Famousmortimer or Thuway?

Titanfall was noted by CBOAT as being 720p at the moment. So it's possible that'll be the next big shitstorm. (Provided another one doesn't pop up in the meantime.)

Mondy

Banned
Wait for the next Gears of War running Unreal 4. That's gonna leave a mark. If Microsoft can't even get their first party offerings to 1080....Well...

Radec

Titanfall was noted by CBOAT as being 720p at the moment. So it's possible that'll be the next big shitstorm. (Provided another one doesn't pop up in the meantime.)

well since Titanfall ain't coming to the PS4, I don't think it will be a huge deal as what CoD did here. lol

Ominym

Banned
Grimløck;88144651 said:
Isn't the power disparity going to remain for the generation? Isn't this just starting?

Well, I'm assuming that when people aren't so bored out of their minds waiting for consoles to come out they will find better things to discuss. But hey, wishful thinking I suppose.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

The thing is though, that's not going to be a launch title so surely ACBF is a more likely candidate. It may even be native 1080p on the Xbox One for all we know but it's looking less and less likely as time goes on.

wapplew

All sport games are equal on both platform rite?
So that leave us with AC4 and NFS Rival
And maybe Lego Marvel, Skylander

I bet AC4 is fine.

It seems to be a straight port up with a few bells and whistles. If it was 60 fps maybe I could see them dropping the res on xbox but if its 30 it should hit 1080.....or at least 900.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It would be pretty hard for them to fuck up FIFA (and Madden aswell I suppose) so AC 4 would be the next highest-profile game. By all accounts AC is just a prettier version of the current gen so maybe there wont be as big a gap, tho COD was in the same boat so who knows

I bet AC4 is fine.

It seems to be a straight port up with a few bells and whistles. If it was 60 fps maybe I could see them dropping the res on xbox but if its 30 it should hit 1080.....or at least 900.

Trouble it seems nobody has actually seen it running on XB1 hardware...

Is this true?

HORRORSHØW

Well, I'm assuming that when people aren't so bored out of their minds waiting for consoles to come out they will find better things to discuss. But hey, wishful thinking I suppose.
I agree with you on that; unfortunately, every major 3rd party game is going to be scrutinized.

sorry to crash thread with off topic question but.... does GAF require something special to post youtube embed videos? tried with no sucess but can post them to other sites.

Neogaf doesn't allow any of that youtube embedding riff raff. So knock it off, street rat.

nasos_333

If xbox one has better effects enabled due to the 720p, i would play that one personally

So, i still do not know which version is the best looking

Ominym

Banned
there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

If this is implying that I'm pro-Xbox One? I'm not. Doesn't mean I can't think this shit is horribly boring.

I sincerely hope people get to play and enjoy whatever they want on either system. Regardless of their choice.

DBT85

The key point for people who have been screaming "anyone choosing a console becuase x game is better is nuts", is that it's not about that one game, its detailing a picture, a jigsaw if you will.

For months we have had some edges and the corners sorted, with little tiny patches of the middle complete. There was still enough of the picture missing that the contents could be obfuscated or changed. With BF4 we suddenly got a nice fat chunk of that puzzle filled in, and people found that yes, this puzzle titled "1000 piece jigsaw of baked beans" is in fact a lot of baked beans, at least in that patch we have completed.

There are still some that think that when other parts get filled in we'll actually have some flowers, or a nice country scene, or a puppy, but as more and more comes out we'll see that it is indeed beans beans beans.

All the while, some of us have been looking at the lid of the box going "guys, its beans, seriously, look, beans, beans everywhere."

Nobody will buy a PS4 JUST because BF4 looks better and runs better on it. But if it is indicative of a trend (and we are fairly sure it will be) then THAT is the story. Not which games run at what, but that they do, and the reasons why.

JoshHood

Really, there's no excuse because it's locked 30fps, but I wonder if there will be any discrepancy with resolution in Need for Speed: Rivals.

Seanspeed

Banned
AC4 is seriously 60fps in multiplayer, but not in single-player?

Well geez, that's ridiculous.

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic.

The question is going to turn to which multiplats actually are 1080p on Xbone, very quickly. Sub 1080p is going to be the norm. If you care about image quality, you won't be buying any multiplats on Xbone.

As I have been saying for nigh on 2 years now. Every single multiplatform game throughout the generation will have noticeably better graphics and/or performance on PS4. Every title, there won't be any exceptions.

If xbox one has better effects enabled due to the 720p, i would play that one personally

So, i still do not know which version is the best looking

Resolution trumps all as far as graphics go. It should be the top priority for delivering a better image. And that isn't even how things will work. It's just a resolution drop. That's it.

nasos_333

Sorry, but what better effects would that be???

Anything from more particles, better polygon counts, more light sources, further LOD/grass distances etc on screen

Resolution trumps all as far as graphics go. It should be the top priority for delivering a better image. And that isn't even how things will work. It's just a resolution drop. That's it.

For me is the dead last thing i notice a diffence with (as long as we get true 720p)

BigDug13

I can't wait for years from now when this stuff is just but a silly, distant memory.

You mean like that recent thread where we discussed the very sub-HD resolution that got sent to the PS3 version of Saints Row IV and was trashed in that DF comparison article?

Yep, those resolution discussions will stop any day now.

Xater

Really, there's no excuse because it's locked 30fps, but I wonder if there will be any discrepancy with resolution in Need for Speed: Rivals.

Well one of the NFS devs already said that one of the console versions will look better.

Top Bottom