• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resolution: Which game is next?

It'd be a megaton if Forza wasn't full 1920x1080p resolution.

I keep reading on pro-Xbox forums about "exclusive proprietary tier 2 TR in Xbox One" and how it's going to give it a huge power advantage. Is this just made up stuff? Sounds like special sauce to me.

thelastword

Banned
I am mildly curious about Assassin's Creed, but this is one of those titles that really should be running full-on 1080p on both consoles without even breaking a sweat (it's a glorified up-port from current-gen). I was thinking about that this morning, that if the game runs at 1080p and is identical to the PS4 version, it will only mean that Ubisoft was able to do what Infinity Ward wasn't... get a last-gen game to run equally well on both systems. I'll wait for confirmation before making any hubbub about it.
I've looked at every AC comparison and I don't see what's so special about the next gen version, it's very aliased to me; moreso than any current gen AC game ever was, at least apply some aa and make it look decent. Of all the cross gen games coming I think that AC looks the weakest, worse than Cod Ghosts and Nfs Rivals. If this does not run at 1080p 30 on the XBONE then I don't know what to say, IMO both consoles should be able to hit this game at 1080 60fps with at least 4x msaa.

I've looked at every AC comparison and I don't see what's so special about the next gen version, it's very aliased to me; moreso than any current gen AC game ever was, at least apply some aa and make it look decent. Of all the cross gen games coming I think that AC looks the weakest, worse than Cod Ghosts and Nfs Rivals. If this does not run at 1080p 30 on the XBONE then I don't know what to say, IMO both consoles should be able to hit this game at 1080 60fps with at least 4x msaa.

Four times MSAA at 1080p/60 on console?

Are you serious..?

Kuno

I watched a guy streaming AC4 on Xbox one last night, and he said it was native 720p. I also saw a thread on the Ubisoft forums where someone mentioned it was 720p. That's not much of a confirmation though. I'm interested to know this as well.

93xfan

Banned
well if you wanna go there, the ps4's cpu isn't exactly something to write home about ... the xb1's isn't much better but it's still better

Did we ever discover whether or not the ps4 is the only one built with HUMA tech in mind? Also, aren't more XB1 CPU resources devoted to the OS and Kinect?

Top Bottom