• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn Mandalorian Game Cancelled

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That’s just because they’re switching to the sequel of the superior bounty hunter.

4pZ0pqk.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A fps is really not what I would imagine for a game based on The Mandalorian to be honest.
A Mandalorian game would be an awesome fit for a Mass Effect kind of game. One part action scenes, one part RPG, one part exploring the galaxy for bounties. If they want to add some MP modes thats fine. But that would be bonus modes.

Why would anyone want to make a FPS Boba Fett kind of game?

Kumomeme

i really looking foward for Mandolorian game but to be honest first person shooter might not be a good fit IMO.

but just curious, it would mean the Mandolorian or just mandolorian setting?

Last edited:
They should have the Mandalorian hijack another game like what happened with that Bobba Fett show. Like you're playing the remastered Battlefronts and bam, suddenly you wipe Baby Yoda's ass.

Jaybe

Makes sense to lessen dependence on licensed IPs. EA just punted the biggest of them all with FIFA and sales seemed to be fine.

Nickolaidas

Disney announced a lot of doomed/nonexistent projects to appease investors, pretending to have potentially successful projects in the works.
It's the equivalent of jingling keys at their faces at this point...

I never thought I'll be so in favour of a hostile takeover.
For fuck's sake, I thought I was the only one here who saw that. They announce projects in bombastic celebrations/press events to make investors go 'ooh, nice!' only to 'quietly' cancel them later on.

EDMIX

Good. Finish the Jedi trilogy first.

Agreed.

dotnotbot dotnotbot " cancel everything that sounds interesting/fresh" lol based on what?

We don't even know what this fucking shit actually is. Its even funnier, cause this crying is coming for folks who bash EA anyway, oh but wait...THE MOST FRESH thing on earth was suddenly suppose to come from them because the fan fiction game you never heard of, with zero information about, was suppose to be "fresh" based on.....what?

Sir, you want it cause its gone. You think its "fresh" cause its an unknown and you don't know what it actually is, lets stop this crap of pretending the cancelled thing was going to be the second coming, from a team not even know for doing that type of shit. I love the Jedi stuff they already did, but that shit was never going in my top GOTY type things upon release.

So its odd to cry about this and be upset that the team is going to make the um "same old shit" when that is the fucking team you are crying over unknown FPS over lol Give me a break man.

None of us know what that game is or how it was going to turn out. If it wasn't working out, I'm more ok with them moving on to something else.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
They can’t support two GaaS games, and they’d be stupid to kill off Apex Legends
I can guarantee if Titanfall live service game brings in close to or as much as Apex does, EA will fund another team.

Just wanted to chime in and say that you guys are hilarious in thinking that EA is about to greenlight a new Titanfall game after they just cancelled a premiere Disney/SW project.

So they cancel a potential hit of a game and lay off more people?

How the fuck do they think they will make money??????
Fire staff working on a potential blockbuster, cancel said blockbuster for short term gains (less costs) while this could have been a moneymaker in the long run?

FUCK DEVS ARE STUPID.

Shut0wen

Jesus ea literally on the skitz with respawn atm, 2 teams th3y have and only 2 star wars games has came out from one while the other that made titanfall 2 cant even release a game

Shut0wen

So they cancel a potential hit of a game and lay off more people?

How the fuck do they think they will make money??????
Fire staff working on a potential blockbuster, cancel said blockbuster for short term gains (less costs) while this could have been a moneymaker in the long run?

FUCK DEVS ARE STUPID.
The team hasnt made anything since apex legends, a game they havnt worked on for years now

HL3.exe

It actually went the way of Prey 2. What is up with bounty hunter themed games that get canned?

I've been waiting years for a dedicated bounty hunter game where that is the core gameplay loop (instead of resorting to a side activity in most games)

It's never gonna happen, isn't it?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Over canceled Star Wars?

For someone like me who mostly enjoys Japanese games.....I'm eating good, almost too good in fact.
giphy.gif

the massive lay offs, canceled projects and over all state of the industry right now. But was mostly in jest.

Dazraell

but just curious, it would mean the Mandolorian or just mandolorian setting?
Most probably it was a game about bounty hunter similar to Boba Fett and the protagonist of the TV show who also happens to be a Mandalorian, but is a separate character. Like how Cal Kestis was yet another survivor of Order 66 and Jedi game was about him, not about some other pre-established characters who also survived it

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, looks like me being way too sceptical about the fact that Respawn is making the game was... a bit overblown, to say the least.
Who knows what they could've done, but I don't need to worry about it anymore.

P.S. EA can go fuck itself.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Respawn has to show urgency to take up a fight to call of duty which seems impossible.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Probably because Respawn’s got a boatload of projects they’re already working on, and EA is wary of the licensing fees Disney commands.
EA is also emboldened after the success of EA FC 24 where they ditched a license they were attached to for 30 years and didn’t miss a beat.

I don’t think Respawn needs to do Star Wars shit, I mean Jedi Survivor was ok but if anything it was held back by the license, and the license isn’t that good anymore. Like who gives a shit about Star Wars in 2024 lmao. It’s pretty cringe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom