• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailers: Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition launching on 12/09 + final boxart

Vita was missing Invasion levels at launch, the semi-randomly unlocking time trial object rearrangement stages. I believe returning levels were there day one.

Correct :) Origins levels were all there day one for the Vita port and we got a patch a little while after launch that put the invasion levels back in (no word on why they weren't there to begin with though that I've seen).

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Never played this, is it really that good people are double and even triple dipping?

Would I be missing a lot by not getting origins with it?

I never played Origins and had a hell of a great time with Legends. It's spectacular, it's fresh, its long, soundtrack is omg, great game

Pila

Never played this, is it really that good people are double and even triple dipping?

Would I be missing a lot by not getting origins with it?

Don't know about triple dipping but it's totally legit if you like 2d platformers and you're gonna love the looks and music.

Still a great buy for Switch owners, though. A new one is probably a ways out.

I'd be all over a new one! Solid game if you missed it.

Double dipping cuz this is one of the best platformwrs of all time. Multiplayer also makes it a no brainer. Playing this game with friends is soooooo fun.

Don't have it on any other console, but would be triple dipping if that were the case so I could have it on Switch.

Yeah, the 8 bit levels were a joke. I think I quit on the last or second to last one.

Murphy levels were good on touchscreens. I enjoyed them. BUT...I hate that they took away from the amount of regular levels we got, since I like this better.

I played a ton of this game on WiiU but have no idea what folks are referring to as the "8-bit levels"???

jholmes

The price is absurd, especially given how little older versions of this game go for, but if for some reason you didn't get this on one of the many platforms it's already on, don't sleep on it. Absolutely tremendous game.

WillyFive

Not on a console where Tropical Freeze exists, but yes, it's one of the best 2D platformers of the last 10-15 years.

Nah, Tropical Freeze does do a lot of things that Legends did, but I don't think it did them as well; nor was it's gameplay as tight and addictive, music as entertaining, or visuals as spectacular as Rayman's.

sheaaaa

I could not have been more excited for a game than I was for Rayman Legends on Wii U, then could not have been more disappointed at how the game was ruined by the touch screen Murfy bullshit. Might get this for the portability if I don't have to use the touchscreen undocked.

Bioshocker

It was great on the PS Vita, so I'm sure it will be great on the Switch too. See no reason to buy it one more time, though.

It's the best 2D platformer on the Wii U, a console with already great 2D platformers.

Game did nothing for me. Character movement wasn't tight and the stages were too noisy. Picked it up at launch amidst all the release date controversy and wished they had delayed it longer to fix its issues. Get outta here, bro.

The announcement of this re-release got me to bust out my original Wii U version of Rayman Legends (best version imo)...had a pretty fun and nostalgic time for the most part! While not perfect in every area, I still sense the game's full of heart and soul...and the cherry on top of the cake for me is the mostly excellent Gamepad usage! These things at the end of the day make it a great game for me...the game to me truly gave me a sense of wonder and imagination similar to what Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles/Sonic 3 and Knuckles (PC versions from Sonic and Knuckles collection with FM Synthesizer tracks for each) evoked in me when I was younger

ghibli99

Loved this game back on PS3, but after both Origins and Legends, I don't think I could play through it again. Wild that it's going to take until December for this to come out, but could get a boost heading into the holidays.

Preble

Never did get Rayman Origins or Legends, but I did like the demos Ubisoft made. Might finally buy this on Switch.

wagamer

Does anyone else have this snapping audio problem with the demo, or is it just me?

Edit: So not just me then. Hope they fix this, I'm thinking of cancelling my preorder now.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Kung foot is cool, nice to have it in the demo. I went 10-9 against AI before going to work. It looks like it's endless in this demo?

tjhin

Neo Member
Ditto. I can't find it on the UK eShop. Anyone that already has it, can you still see it in the shop? Maybe it wasn't meant to go up and has been pulled?

Downloaded from UK eShop 4 hours ago. Just check again and demo button is gone.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Baaaah, I guess somebody jumped the rabbid with that demo. I guess official announcement for the demo incoming.

Demo is gone on the Australian eShop too. Weird.

I downloaded it earlier and had a go. It... sure is Rayman Legends! Weird that it has no option of even using the touch screen for Murphy's stupid shit, but that's probably for the best.

Top Bottom